Sketchbook of the S4MURAI
Got my hands on "Bravely Default" art book! As i was practicing drawing haircuts, it was a good thing to look at! 

Hi res you can find here : http://s4murai-cat.deviantart.com/art/Sk...a_recent=1

Attached Files Image(s)

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
(02-12-2016, 02:30 AM)S4MURAI_CAT Wrote: I have never drawn heads before,

Are you for real?!
I've been studying heads for few years, but I don't even draw that good.
Keep posting please!

(02-12-2016, 06:47 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Are you for real?!
I've been studying heads for few years, but I don't even draw that good.
Keep posting please!

Well,the trick is that I am not touching "real" heads at the beginning. By drawing simple heads from cartoons or anime/manga,you will understand much quicker how the face is constructed.Because a skull or facial features are really simplified to basics (spheres,circles and squares). And when you will understand  how to draw a "basic" cartoon head,move on on a bit complicated head. And little by little add complexity to your acquired knowledge. I believe it will help you!  Th_113_

Oh,I will !

I think you're a natural talent when in comes to drawing/shape recognition. For me painting and colors come easy but I suck when it comes to shapes and drawing. My rendering skills were always many levels above sketching skills, thats the pain - what's good from having an ability to render when you can't make a proper sketch first D:

Very nice looking drawings great sense of form! keep it up

(02-12-2016, 09:22 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: I think you're a natural talent when in comes to drawing/shape recognition. For me painting and colors come easy but I suck when it comes to shapes and drawing. My rendering skills were always many levels above sketching skills, thats the pain - what's good from having an ability to render when you can't make a proper sketch first D:

Oh man, that would be awesome if I was talented! I am developing "shape recognition skill" for almost two years. And believe, that this skill comes with an huge effort.

Some artists prefer painting instead of drawing,because they have tough themselves that way. So don't even worry if you can't do a proper sketch or drawing right now. The skill will come! I would recommend you to check out Dice Tsusumi and Robert Condo. They are doing painting instead of drawing. And boy oh boy, it look really good!

(02-12-2016, 09:34 AM)Hobitt Wrote: Very nice looking drawings great sense of form! keep it up

Thanks for your kind words!

oww man they looks so dope 
you are doing it like a badass
 love the line weight.....

Jesus. If these are just sketches and studies, I wonder what your portfolio looks like.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(02-13-2016, 03:27 AM)Ankit_draws Wrote: oww man they looks so dope 
you are doing it like a badass
 love the line weight.....

Wow..thanks!

(02-13-2016, 03:30 AM)John Wrote: Jesus. If these are just sketches and studies, I wonder what your portfolio looks like.

I don't have it  154218d4  Mb someday!

You're back, finally! I was getting worried.

Ok! These days i was practicing facial features!

Attached Files Image(s)

And the end result :

High res you can find here: http://s4murai-cat.deviantart.com/art/St...a_recent=1

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-06-2016, 10:02 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: You're back, finally! I was getting worried.

Sorry! Been busy!

Sick drawings, really nice! Can't wait to see more of you.

(03-06-2016, 09:12 PM)BrushNoir Wrote: Sick drawings, really nice! Can't wait to see more of you.

Wow! Thanks!

So many studies and good ones too and you mister don't have a portfolio yet?! Go make some awesome art and think of adding it to your portfolio! That'll make you think twice before calling it good or done ;)

I like how you drew Chun Li, feminine but tough. Good expression. Nice variation in line thickness too.

Nothing to crit really..just perhaps try more interesting lighting or angles, see where those take you.

Wow those fish drawings are amazing. The discussion is right that you have an amazing understanding of form and shape. Can I ask about any resources (books, artworks, practices, etc) that have aided your approach to studying form?
Keep up the good work!
Nice work on the animals, really love your line work!
(03-08-2016, 04:48 AM)BlackDelphin Wrote: So many studies and good ones too and you mister don't have a portfolio yet?! Go make some awesome art and think of adding it to your portfolio! That'll make you think twice before calling it good or done ;)

I like how you drew Chun Li, feminine but tough. Good expression. Nice variation in line thickness too.

Nothing to crit really..just perhaps try more interesting lighting or angles, see where those take you.

Thanks!

I will make a portfolio! But not know. I want, at least, learn how to draw a human.I just recently got the concept of how to draw a stylized head. Still need to learn how to draw a full body,how to draw clothes and how to exaggerate things.My main goal is to draw a cool looking mechs. Have you heard about Exteel? God,I loved this game! I always was fascinated about mechs,giant battle spaceships and space in general.I really like the concept NCsoft did with exteel,like humanoid robots fighting in large battle arenas.Ability to fly,shoot from giant weapons,dodge bullets,man it's fun! But,unfortunately,NCsoft shot the game down.Well,this game played a huge role on me.Slowly, but surely i am going towards my goal.Of course, i am not gonna draw only mechs,but i like combos of human mixed with augmentation like robot limbs and stuff (i.e Raiden from Metal Gear Rising).Oh man,i love all this stuff..aaand fantasy theme too,lol! So i want to include in my portfolio that kind of stuff. All this "Chun Li" portrait is just a result of studying.

(03-08-2016, 04:51 AM)Jacarran Wrote: Wow those fish drawings are amazing. The discussion is right that you have an  amazing understanding of form and shape. Can I ask about any resources (books, artworks, practices, etc) that have aided your approach to studying form?
Keep up the good work!

Thank you kindly!
Well,my main teacher is youtube. All information i need is on this website. I can recommend lots of youtube famous teachers,but SYCRA and Kienan lafferty (aka KNKL) tough me how to see the form.FZD (Feng Zhu design) also has good tutorials,but they are way more advanced.Also, i gather information on pinterest.Pinterest has lots of tutorials on "how to...". As for books,i read Imagine Fx. The magazine can provide lots of useful information about everything.

(03-08-2016, 07:06 AM)AngeliquevdMee Wrote: Nice work on the animals, really love your line work!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!