Sula's Sketchbook
Ahhhhhh. So much awesome stuff in here. The deer piece came out so good, and these last pencil environments look great. Keep it up Sula, really inspiring stuff :D

@JakeB: woot :D Thank you!

Kicking in Painting Drama 2 week 3, the first of many
[Image: PD2-04.jpg]

Awesome art. The ladies look totally gorgeous :))
The deer piece turned out amazing! The warmth of the fallen deer, the sickly color of the hunter's skin, how you cover his face, and that buck! I didn't think deer could look so imposing, but I'm thinking I'd rather get on the wrong side of a bear than that particular buck.

By the way, I watched that "Why artists don't get good feedback" and thought, "Yay! I'm slowly dragging out of the "bad" stage. Next stop, boring stage!"

Sketchbook

Cool mushroom forest! The yellowish atmosphere gives it a sickly feeling like the mushrooms are poisoning everything but at the same time it feels strangely inviting. Thats just my first impression. Looks great!

@Tygerson: Thank you :D It's a very nice brazilian legend, glad you enjoyed it! And hahah yeah, hopefully I will be able to move out of the boring stage soon lol
@Hypnagogic: :D Thanks! Yeah, it's a toxic place, and exactly because out that it's very peaceful and silent. I kinda of liked the concept, glad it is showing through! yay!

And uh
bad art today
nothing worked
But as promised, here it is :p Supposed to be PD2 week 3 image 2, but i will probably rework it tomorrow
[Image: PD2-05.jpg]

Your bad art is still good art, but i know what you mean :p it's normal for artist and we are always struggling with it no matter what level we achieved. Otherwise it would be no fun? :D

Holy shit Sula, your stuff has exploded recently! That latest deer piece is on a different level.

Really awesome to see, I think if you keep killing it like you are doing great things are waiting for you around the corner. Keep pushing!

Just going to repeat what everyone else already said; the deer piece turned out fantastic.

I love the colour palettes in these environment pieces. I wish you luck with your move to full time freelance. I'm soon to try the same thing and I can appreciate how utterly terrifying it feels.

@Madzia: haha yeah, it's the thing about enjoying the process more than the end result. I think I just clicked about it - I can paint it pretty ok, but my designs are VERY childish still. So now I can focus on something :)
@Warburton: aww thanks man :hug: And yup! Working like I mean it
@Ignats: Thank you <3 And best luck :D

Haha okay, couple of updates today. 1st, today's failed enviro:
[Image: PD2-06.jpg]

And a couple of client images I can finally share:
[Image: Ballistic1.jpg]
[Image: Ballistic2.jpg]

How is that smoke billowing out of his gun so softly if he is flying through the air? xP

I think that its great that you are biting the environment bullet. These are the best posts to look back on in two months and laugh at :D or cry.. if you arent better yet, but that seems unlikely looking at how you progress with everything you put your mind to :D

Your environments are already very good. At least very pleasing to my eyes ^^
But anyway, I was wondering, have you ever tried out this technique or something similar? http://new.livestream.com/accounts/16188...ts/2093909
I think it's a real sweet way of blocking in the mood and colors. And awesome if one doesn't know what the draw beforehand.

I need to join you in tackling environments, hopefully your courage inspires me to follow :p

@Jaik: shh don't tell anyone haha. And yup, I hope so. It's frustrating, but I hope it's worth it. I am going to dial the speed button two settings up and see what happens
@Adzerak: Thanks man :) Awesome link! I tried to apply it already. Indeed, trying to do it with only lines was holding me back quite a bit.
@Skeptical: Let's do eeeeeet

*Sula equips shotgun

[Image: PD2-07.jpg]
[Image: PD2-08.jpg]
[Image: PD2-09.jpg]

So YEAH
not what I was supposed to be doing, but hey, it's saturday

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-70.jpg]

omnomnom - the sound my eyeballs are making

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Careful of tangents, the mountain behind the fortress essentially creates a tangent down the right side. Also, do you start with a horizon line in place? The purple one feels kind of off perspective wise. I find by first establishing the horizon line 'fast' enviro's are much easier to do. The colours are amazing though. The more I look at your work the more I see that you have a really nice way of handling colours. Can't put my finger on it yet, but I think I would be able to pick one of your pieces just purely by the colours used :D

EDIT: You always update when I am writing a comment lol xP That last piece is AWESOME. I love it. Especially the shoulder armor :D

@Toodles: <3 lol

@Jaik: Woo yes!.. I actually had forgotten to draw the horizon line. Nope, please don't tell anyone? Hahah. Thank you! And yes, I actually wait for you to start typing to update. :p Back to enviros soon, I will keep that in mind.

[Image: tumblr_min1zm207w1qhtl9zo1_400.jpg]

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-71.jpg]

Warming up for Panting Drama 2 week 4. This week we will practice extreme value and palette restriction. I didn't dive into the value restriction yet, but I tried to make the saturation work in my favor.

Also, Still trying to push depth. Feels a bit like progress :) even if I miss the colors.

[Image: PD2-10.jpg]

Desolate. Lots of depth. The thing in the upper left looks nasty.