Need some advice
Maybe you should just start a minor in art and keep going with the current major. My brother is a guitarist and got his degree in business and minored in music. Hes got a good paying job now and still has time to play in a band in his free time. Careers in the arts can take a long time to build up to. Where as a lot of other jobs dont require such a difficult to learn skill set. You could get a soulless office job and keep working on art after work.

Sure you cant work on art 10 hours a day and work full time but are you spending 10 hours a day on art currently? Strangely enough I find having less free time can actually force you to work harder. If you know you dont have anything you have to do except practice art all day then you end of putting it off for too long. On the other hand if you know you only have a couple hours a day then you'll make the most of those hours. I know they say you need to be practicing like 10 plus hours a day but I find that a bit extreme and unrealistic for most people. You dont NEED to be a grand master by 30 anyways. Just dont plan on having any kids and a house payment in the next 10 or so years and you'll have plenty of time to become a pro artist. :)

Messages In This Thread
Need some advice - by KurtJeremy - 05-02-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: Need some advice - by Adam Lina - 05-03-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Need some advice - by zooda - 05-03-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Need some advice - by meat - 05-03-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: Need some advice - by Baoto - 05-04-2014, 10:47 PM