Snow raider WIP
My quick two cents. Pretty much the same adjustments basically Russell made :)
[Image: au8uXxc.jpg]
  • The pauldron on her right arm and the way her left arm looks like its coming from behind her hip suggests that her chest/torso should face her left, but it looks like it's going straight to the viewer in the original.
  • Her right arm looks too short, especially compared to her left arm. I know you're accounting for the contraposto pose with her right shoulder being higher, but also try to take into account her arms aren't straight by her side. Her left arm is bent and seems to be coming slightly forward, so I interpreted it that way and think her right arm might actually be lower. It also feels a little more actiony when you have one arm coming forward a little.
  • Her shoulders are too narrow. I'm guessing you're going by the standard that women have narrower shoulders than their hips. That is true, but she also has a bunch of stuff on her shoulders, like that pauldron, fur and cloth, so it might actually look a bit wider here.
  • I recommend finding a reference photo of a pose like this and taking very exact notes on what's going forward vs. backward in space, like the position of the shoulders in relation to the hips. That twist in 3d space is a bitch to get right, but you can't really do it well unless you use reference.
  • I can't tell if those two points on her hood are fangs. If they are fangs, try to imagine how they would be mounted onto her hood and show that in the design, or maybe they could be part of a headband or part of the mask?
  • Maybe a few other places with scrap metal on her body so the pauldron doesn't seem out of place.
  • Might also be good as you go along to show the stitching on her body suit, or add a few areas of visual noise, like strips of leather, etc, that imply it was put together by her.

Sorry that was mostly about the pose haha Anyway, hope that helps!

Messages In This Thread
Snow raider WIP - by Wardy - 06-06-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by Amit Dutta - 06-07-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by Jonesoda - 06-08-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by pnate - 06-09-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Snow raider WIP - by Wardy - 07-20-2015, 10:00 PM