Feedback or paintover much appreciated
Honestly looks really cool. I don't really know much about it, but it feels very cinematic, dark and foreboding. The rolling wave in the corner looks really cool.

One thing I will say is that there are certain things which give it a very 3D model kind of vibe. The shape and edge of the mountains in the background for one. It's nice that there's a little bit of softness and chromatic variation in the edge of those mountains, so that they aren't completely cut out. But the contour is very uniform and also quite smooth. So it doesn't feel like real mountains in the distance.

The ship as well has wonderful detail in the rigging and sails, however If you were to see this scene in real life, or even in a movie, I highly doubt you'd be able to pick out every single strand of rope, or for that matter care to. So that combined with the mountains make it feel a little like a model ship close to us, rather than a real ship that is far away. Maybe that's nitpicky, but I feel like there's not much point in having the eye drawn to details on the ship that don't really have anything to do with the mood of the piece. Might as well paint over them!

But for what you were going for, I think this works really well. I don't know that much about this stuff, so feel free to ignore. But if this helps, great!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback or paintover much appreciated - by JosephCow - 02-11-2021, 11:49 AM