Teeth in an environment? Why not?
To be honest I think the composition needs an overhaul. My eye just wants to float around and not settle on the intended focal point of the statue. The black in the top right corner needs to be moved or gotten rid of because all it does is draw the eye to a corner and out of the picture plane. I get you were trying to show depth but you always want to avoid putting things in the corners of your compositions. You have a nice dark against light rhythm with the teeth but then it falls flat once we get to the statue. If it had a darker object behind it the contrast would draw our eye into the pay off. The background is a bit too empty and boring at the moment anways so another reason to add another element back there. Maybe add something that would tie back in with the teeth and give the whole piece more cohesion. Right now the teeth being just in the lower half feels like the whole thing is broken in half. I think you shouldnt give up on it. With a little work it could turn into a strong piece. The teeth is definitely an interesting idea. Keep pushing it!

Messages In This Thread
Teeth in an environment? Why not? - by Flo - 04-27-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Teeth in an environment? Why not? - by Flo - 04-28-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Teeth in an environment? Why not? - by Adam Lina - 04-28-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Teeth in an environment? Why not? - by Flo - 05-01-2015, 06:11 AM
RE: Teeth in an environment? Why not? - by meat - 05-06-2015, 12:43 PM