Sickbrush "Fantastic Daggers" class
Step II - Detailing Kethun:

Brace yourselves, this is going to be all of my work for this class, all the things which you've seen on the stream, so big post inbound. Great work guys, love this thread and everyone in it. <3

[Image: races1.jpg]

[Image: races2.jpg]

[Image: races3.jpg]

[Image: races4.jpg]

[Image: races5.jpg]

Most of the things I'm posting are halfsize btw, these are what the fullsize is like.

[Image: fullsize.jpg]

[Image: assignment2.jpg]

[Image: sketches.jpg]

And these are the screenshots I sent from the week where we showed out own work/what we'd done this week.

[Image: screenieslineup.jpg]

[Image: choobf5a3.jpg]

[Image: selfportraitsketch.jpg]

[Image: selfportraitpainting75.jpg]

And we're up to this week, and the character assignment. I've got Mavis, best character ever.

[Image: moodboardsmall.jpg]

[Image: Choob_F5_A5_1.JPG]

[Image: Choob_F5_A5_2.JPG]

[Image: Choob_F5_A5_3.JPG]

And we're up to date. Will be updating more regularly now. :)
Xia B&W versions.

Here is my Rana!

Yeeeeessss father loves you little minions muahaha

I missed the latest class. Did you upload it somewhere or not :V
Some nice development here people, nice livestream to Sick. It's cool seeing working professionals cascade some of their knowledge and provide feedback to the up and coming. Look forward to more livestreams in future <3
My second version of Rana

This was what I got done for Friday's stream, some variants on Mavis' horns since he doesn't have a helmet now, and I get to focus on his face and hair a bit more.

[Image: secondvariantssmall.jpg]

I feel like I'm beginning to get faster, and definitely feel like I levelled up with the stuff I'm doing for Tuesday's stream. And enjoying it a lot more, even though I have so much work to do between this and Uni. Awesome to see everyone here getting better and more confident too, keep going guys. :)
Well, I'm still way behind and haven't even gotten to my back sketch yet but here is what I have so far. In my defense this is the first time I'm doing a character in color so just fumbling through adjustment layers took me hours, also I need to practice hands more :(

[Image: saavi9b.jpg]

PRO TIP: If you start out with a lame pose and weak anatomy you'll have a bad time!

This is what I had on Friday when I realized there was no way to save the half in the air, half bent knee pose and spent the weekend correcting and re-painting stuff. Now I have to add all the details I had in my original sketch.

[Image: saavi7b.jpg]

My next step on Mr Mavis.

[Image: mavissmall.jpg]
This is the front, b&w view of Kethun I presented last night:

Xia, front render b&w and sketched back view.

good good good good good

pssst

[Image: ramalooke_F5_A9acopy.jpg]

Colour drafts for Kethun ("x" marks the one that made it):

Old knives studies:

Aaand color compos for Rana's outfit! The one marked is the outfit choosed by Sickbrush.

One with the tick is the chosen one. Included Mavis because I made a couple of small changes.

[Image: colourfinal50.jpg]
Hi everybody,
those characters are coming along whicked.
i don't know if this applies to this kind of concept work too, but valva released a pdf on character design. it is meant for characters that are fit to be displayed in dota 2, matching the style and everything BUT i think there is a lot of information in there, that applies to more than that (i.e. value distribution throughout the char etc.)
just have a look, and maybe to someone it is helpful.
http://media.steampowered.com/apps/dota2...tGuide.pdf

cheers,
flo

Please help me getting better by checking out my sketchbook

HOMEPAGE http://floart.weebly.com
makes me happy to see this thread, keep at it guys!