ThereIsNoJustice's Sketchbook
Sketchbook place where drawing happens.

Attached Files Image(s)

Part from the "Force" book and part from a "stylized"/simplified tutorial.

Two notes: 1. tendency to make horizontal and vertical lines, 2. not understanding head angles. The “box method" seemed to help before w/ head angles, so I will try that again.

Not a fan of this Force book, really, but I get why people like it.

Also I didn't link to my tumblr in the first post. It's got all the crap I've done so far, right from the very beginning where I failed to draw anything resembling... anything. Good times. http://lrning2draw.tumblr.com

Attached Files Image(s)

I love the motion in these gestures.

Frustrated, tired, but going to post something anyway.

Also, first time taking melatonin for sleep today. If it works, more energy for doing art. My laziness kills me, and I don't think it's all just psychological even if some of it is. (melatonin can help as much as an additional hour of sleep: http://www.gwern.net/Melatonin )

Attached Files Image(s)

Tried to figure heads out and kind of how skin works.

Sidenote: melatonin huge success.

Attached Files Image(s)

Didn't read all the text from your first post but I'll suggest to put your tablet away and keep practicing with a pencil first.
Right now you have to care about so much stuff. With a pencil you could focus a lot better on the important stuff, like lines, shadow/light, masses, perspective, etc.
With a pencil you can't look for other brush settings, it's just a pencil that works for everybody with the "same" settings. :)

So yeah, grab a pencil and go to the fundamentals. Do tons of life drawings to train your eye. Watch out for their shape, their proportions and their values.
And the most important thing.
Have fun, keep going and welcome to the forum ^.^
Nemome, thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably do more sketchwork with some basic PS brushes. (I've never really practiced with pencil but that hasn't stopped me so far.)

I did a bunch of LOTR-ish ent sketches and tried to paint over one for SketchDaily's theme.

Tried to do rapoza's lilmonster. Went through the psd and tried to reproduce it, ~4hrs altogether, and add a little to it. Had a brain fart with the glove on the left side. Hard and soft transitions have a huge impact. So I definitely learned a ton from it.

It seems interesting that some artists only say to use one layer (Feng Zhu, IIRC) and some use lots of layers, and layer types. I think only the finished image matters, really, as long as it's not a direct copy or something, like this.

Going to do the zombie psd soon.

Boop. 

Been a little while since I've been here but since Dave & Dan have been streaming I somehow wandered back here and realized I had a sketchbook already. I'd like to keep posting here and get involved with the rest of yall and study more. 

Here's some more recent stuff, studies off ref images
[Image: tumblr_o5quc9w6ap1r4ltwho1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o1n645Y8RE1r4ltwho1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o1hvrslPPQ1r4ltwho1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_nyappfBkTa1r4ltwho1_540.png]
And some imagination only stuff, very hit and miss. I just try to keep things structural and think about perspective.
[Image: tumblr_o6s9epya6l1r4ltwho1_1280.png][Image: tumblr_o4cxmitrpt1r4ltwho1_1280.png][Image: tumblr_o017tbEqnl1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Some recent attempts at drawing heads. The hair chick is more copied, the old guy I tried more construction. Next time I'll keep some references so I can see problem areas better I think.

[Image: tumblr_o9xdb6FE7y1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Whenever I draw a person I had trouble with arms and the shoulder area especially. Time to start tackling that stuff.

[Image: tumblr_oaf6rocyz71r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Some more arms and a little bit of backs. Some street fighter ref. Feeling the progress. Looking forward to next ones.
[Image: tumblr_oafdwmVBTM1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Trying some better accuracy/anatomy with Grumplord Ryu.
[Image: tumblr_oaknvxYjni1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Loomis doesn't usually work for me. Gotta try something new for heads. A few from the bunch.
[Image: tumblr_oan0kndgxU1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Hadn't drawn in a month or more. Moved states. Lots of stuff going on. Back into things.

[Image: tumblr_ofqinzMCO11r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Cool man, hope to see more!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
More

[Image: tumblr_ohhtmoV90F1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_ohhtmoV90F1r4ltwho2_1280.png]

I´m really diggin the studies man. Keep the good work.

More things. I'm interested to know if these bottom two studies of the head cast and ear look too messy. I could've spent longer on them, but I've been experimenting with the brush settings in PS to get a more texture-y look. 

[Image: tumblr_oizrjrAwVt1r4ltwho1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_oj31risde61r4ltwho1_1280.png]

Looked at an Amundsen dwarf face, trying to get a feel for turning forms in painting without also getting super messy. 

[Image: tumblr_oj56b9FCcM1r4ltwho1_1280.png]