Class list and FAQ
[Image: crimson-daggers.jpg]

Still have questions? Here are some commonly asked questions and answers (based on my experience).

1. How many thousands of dollars should I wire to the Crimson daggers bank accounts?

This whole program is FREE. It doesn't cost the students anything, although it takes a significant amount of time and preparation for the mentors so be nice and say thanks.

2. How do I actually join? Is there an application process? Do I have to send my resume to anyone?

There is no formal application process for the mentoring program, the whole process is pretty loose and is run through the boards. Every mentor does things a bit differently but generally speaking when a mentor decides to start a class they post in the willing to mentor section of the forums. If you're interested you post a reply to their thread after which it's up to the mentor to pick the students he or she will give direct feedback to.

3. But how does it actually work? Does the mentor hold my hand through the whole process? Is this an apprenticeship?

Like I said the program is pretty loose and it's up to you to make the most out of it. Generally speaking mentors have classes on live-stream and give out assignments which they critique a week or two later. Some mentors critique everyone or almost everyone who does the work, some mentors only critique a few students which they select at the beginning of class. Some mentors have pretty detailed lessons, some only do critiques. Everyone does things a bit differently, but the main idea is that you watch the classes to try and understand a concept/ a process or a way to approach a certain task, try to do the assigned work and then watch the critiques to see if you made some common mistakes and how you can avoid them in the future. The mentor is not someone who will hold your hand and check in with you every day. You have to do the work on your own and use the assignments and critiques as you see fit.

4. I missed the sign-up period for a mentor I want to follow, what should I do now? Should I just wait until they do the class again?

You can still follow a class on your own even if the class closed or you missed the sign-up, many of the mistakes the students make are mistakes you will probably make so you can still learn from the critiques.

Most of the classes are available on youtube. Below you will find each artist's youtube channel. Look for the stuff marked Mentoring or class, or something similar. You can also follow the class threads as they contain links and updated work.

Try to do the assignments to the best of your ability and post your work in the class thread. An important part of the whole program is to motivate you to work on stuff you'd probably never tackle alone and expand your way of thinking about art.

The Mentors:

Tul Crimson Crusade- Currently on-going class

Class
Class Blog
Class description

Sickbrush Fantastic 5 class- Loosely On-going class.

Youtube
Livestream
Class
Class description

Istebrak Loosely on-going class
Please check deviant art for class assignments and updates
Deviant art
Livestream
Class description

Shyam Shriram Anatomy of a pin-up -Class closed

Youtube
Livestream
Class
Class description

Dan Warren - Character development Class closed

Youtube
Livestream
Class
Class description

Israel A. Carrion From a cube to a cathedral Class closed

Youtube The classes are there but hidden, check out the class thread for the video links!
Livestream
Class
Class description

Sam Carr Preparing for Freelance Class closed.

As far as I am aware this class does not have youtube videos of the critiques, but you can check out the thread for WIPS.
Livestream
Class
Class description

Alejandro Mirabal: Class Closed
Youtube (but no class videos)
Livestream
Class 1
Class 2
Class description

helmighs In yo Face! Portrait class- Class closed

Critiques and assignments are written up in the class thread.

Class

Also as a side-note the only software I could find which saves livestream videos is HiDownload which has a free 30 day trial but costs around 30 bucks after. If anyone knows of a better way to preserve these classes please let me know

Thanks man, now I can add these to my subs on youtube.

great post, thanks! gonna ask dennis if he can sticky this

Thanks for adding this.

These links are a big help. Navigating this forum can be a bit convoluted :P