DhArt Sketchbook (aka, Help!!)
A few morsels 

[Image: 6Uj69k9.jpg]

[Image: p77mgDa.jpg]

[Image: lNFxGRQ.jpg]

[Image: N2EmqyP.jpg]

[Image: yYLYT1s.jpg]

Nice sculpts, great studies and general work flow. FRENETIC ENERGY POWAAAHH.. KEEP IT HAPPENINN'. Grin

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Your background and environment don't read so well from values point of view. Try to use a full range of values, and use them wisely. Other than that, i really like your figure studies and historical mood scenes. Very very nice. Keep going at it!

Hey dennis, i dont know if you like paint overs, but I wanted to add something to BlackDelphin's post, that's why I did one for you :) When i looked at your painting i noticed that you could use some help on the background vs foreground part. I really liked the characters you painted in the back cause you did a good ambient light on that, but i found that the foreground could use some more work. Also saw that you used a lot of highlights and desaturated light. Clothing and things like fur kind of remain the same color and don't really change that much unless the light is really strong. They absorb light. ( Look at the horse ref i added ) Another thing of the cowboy guy in the front was that there was a lot of reflective light even under his face. I don't think you should see it that much because it is sheltered under a hat. Try to incorporate more shadows and I think you can make it work. I also think your horse legs could use some work. Don't be afraid to use more colors and halftones! Hope this helped a bit