Coreys Sketchbook
Two more studies

These last two studies look solid, man.

Heeeya Corey!
These studies are kicking ass and your work from imagination is very interesting! Great ideas are essenntially the best quality in an artist and you've got that!

Keep it up man, you're doing greeeeaaat :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Mr F - Thanks bro :) More planned tomorrow

smrrfette - Thanks heaps!

One from today. Pushed myself pretty hard with this.. but I know I can take it further, I'll try again tomorrow
It's a friends character

Been doing these 30 minute spit painting things in between my homework ;- ;

The movie scene study is awesome. What film is it?

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Thanks :) Top one is 'The Chaser' and the other one is 'Memories of Murder'. Awesome movies.

Awesome, man. The painting of your friend's character is looking solid. Still planning on pushing it further?

Mr F - Thanks man. Errrgh I don't think so haha. Want to move on to other things.

Some crappy pictures.. been doing a tonne of value studies from master works. Feeling pretty inspired to get better, a little down in the dumps at the same time about where im at though haha. Weird feeling.

Some more stuff. Going right back to fundamentals now, feeling incredibly inspired.

I have quite a few more of the life studies done entirely in perspective too, working my ass off on it before moving to anatomy.

Couple things. Finally moved and got my own room! Get to put all my art books and pictures around. Excited!

Random sketch, have preliminaries for this some where..

This was a daily spit paint, drawn in ~25 mins. Hard.. but think I can do better next time.

Drawing people walking past my old balcony, most the time there was only about 10-15 seconds to get the person drawn. Was very challenging but fun to do! I have another page of these.. but they turned out awful

great sketches, especially the tavern sketches! really liking the line work, solid perspective and overall idea.

Still on holidays away from home, so I've been doing a little less. Still a lot of sketches etc.

Here's a couple new things from past few days.

Character design, study and two terrible 30 minute spit paints.

i dont get it how u draw and see the eyes and the detail i see no pencil work or line work

gtstyling32.deviantart.com
Nice stuff man, i really like the knight last post and the latest charcter design, really cool!

@gtstyling Hey man. I try to think in shapes and planes, but I really need to get back onto line drawing... very weak point for me

@ImSkeptical Thanks dude!

Weekend WIP. Really want to push this to be a portfolio piece. Any crits are very welcome.

Hey CoreyH,

I like where this last piece is going but I think there are too many absolute verticals; the woman in the light, the staff, the buildings; I feel it needs a bit more variety to make it less static. Also, the relationship between the man and the woman is a little ambiguous. I'm guessing there is some sort of confrontation going on here; if so I think you could change the foreground character's pose somehow to stress that.

Hope that's of some help

Rightous effort Corey keep it up :D

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
@Ignatz Thanks heaps for the critique. I tried apply what you said, and get rid of some of the verticals
@Mr Toodles Thanks man!

I've been fighting with this painting most of today. Trying to rim light it now. Still have a long way to go, if you have ANY critiques please don't be afraid to share them.

At this point I feel like going back to the version that I posted yesterday =/

The other two are just spit paints, not sure they're worth posting, but eh, hopefully I'll be able to see progress in them at some point.