Yarrnick´s Sketcbook
Love the new post man! Your portraits are getting better and so is your body anatomy. Keep on doing what you're doing but double the quantity!!! :O
(07-03-2013, 05:20 PM)Othrandir Wrote: Love the new post man! Your portraits are getting better and so is your body anatomy. Keep on doing what you're doing but double the quantity!!! :O

[Image: rainbow.png]

Attached Files Image(s)

hey man, that last painting looks awesome. The lips are pretty red/pinkish looks a little like lipstick though.

GETTING BETTER

HODOR
Yo, thanks for the comment! You should put a link to your sketchbook in your signature, it was kinda hard to get here XD and Doug Dimmadamnit your light and form in those portraits is KILLER.

The economic linework in those bookstudies you're doing is EXTREMELY AROUSING but I can't help but being reminded of one pitiful Summer I spent painstakingly copying every drawing in Bridgeman's giant orange anatomy book, and I retained absolutely none of the information from all those drawings. fact is I wasn't applying it to drawings from imagination or memory, nor was I using the information in my personal work. Matter of fact, the only thing all those bridgeman studies accomplished was impressing people on conceptart.org!

On the last page you did some figures and faces from imagination, and I think you need to be doing much more of that kind of work. About half as often as work from observation. If your observational studies aren't making your personal work better there's no point to all the studies.

(07-04-2013, 07:58 AM)Othrandir Wrote: HODOR

quite so my good friend, Hodor.

(07-08-2013, 03:07 PM)Samszym Wrote: Yo, thanks for the comment! You should put a link to your sketchbook in your signature, it was kinda hard to get here XD and Doug Dimmadamnit your light and form in those portraits is KILLER.

The economic linework in those bookstudies you're doing is EXTREMELY AROUSING but I can't help but being reminded of one pitiful Summer I spent painstakingly copying every drawing in Bridgeman's giant orange anatomy book, and I retained absolutely none of the information from all those drawings. fact is I wasn't applying it to drawings from imagination or memory, nor was I using the information in my personal work. Matter of fact, the only thing all those bridgeman studies accomplished was impressing people on conceptart.org!

thanks im really focusing on light atm :>

tbh i started my anatomy with loomis and google. I looked for waht muscles were actually being simplified, but when I saw hampton's book it really changed the way i saw anatomy. I feel like hogarth and bridgeman are great but me personally would never have understood it if it wasn't for the previous books i worked with.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bomb

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh baby, those hand studies are gooooood. Can't believe I've missed this sketchbook! Keep 'em coming duuude~

Getting pretty darn good Hodor...pretty darn good indeed...
Holy shiiiiit Yarrnick!
You were already good when you started this skb... but now you're just... WOWZAS--!

Much respect, so inspiring to see ~
Keep it up !

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(10-05-2013, 02:25 PM)atrenr Wrote: Oh baby, those hand studies are gooooood. Can't believe I've missed this sketchbook! Keep 'em coming duuude~

Thanks sir, I dont post that often so this thread tends to disappear

(10-05-2013, 06:40 PM)Othrandir Wrote: Getting pretty darn good Hodor...pretty darn good indeed...

[Image: heart.png]

(10-05-2013, 08:00 PM)smrrfette Wrote: Holy shiiiiit Yarrnick!
You were already good when you started this skb... but now you're just... WOWZAS--!

Much respect, so inspiring to see ~
Keep it up !

Attached Files Image(s)

These hand studies look totally awesome! Love your portrait studies, too, just the form of the lips in your last two WIPs looks a little too homogeneously shaped. Have a look at these planes to maybe get a better idea:
[Image: lips09.png]

(10-07-2013, 09:12 AM)Elif Wrote: These hand studies look totally awesome! Love your portrait studies, too, just the form of the lips in your last two WIPs looks a little too homogeneously shaped. Have a look at these planes to maybe get a better idea:
[Image: lips09.png]

Yeah I agree it isn't really shaped how it is supposed to be. ^^ thanks for pointing out thought I'll try and fix.

In love

Attached Files Image(s)

Ohhhhhh those sexy hands and faces! KEEEEP IIIIT UUUUP BWAAAAAAH
hey dude ! it's good to study a lot like that, really inspiring ! but something that i tried and worked is to stick at the same book for a while, either bridgman or hogarth, sometimes when you learn from too diferent sources it can be more non-productive ! I sticked to bridgman for a month, now i went on kevin chen, and i find i'm learning more than if i switch from hogarth to loomis, then to bridgman, then k.chen, then loomis again, etc ! anyway, keep it up !

oooooh, those are some sexy hands you got there In love keep it uppppp

(11-02-2013, 12:04 PM)kikindaface Wrote: hey dude ! it's good to study a lot like that, really inspiring ! but something that i tried and worked is to stick at the same book for a while, either bridgman or hogarth, sometimes when you learn from too diferent sources it can be more non-productive ! I sticked to bridgman for a month, now i went on kevin chen, and i find i'm learning more than if i switch from hogarth to loomis, then to bridgman, then k.chen, then loomis again, etc ! anyway, keep it up !

The problem I have is that there is not one artist that explains anatomy in a way I understand. With every one of them I do research by searching up the muscles by name and that's what I also do with hogarth's hands. I found that the core book that helped me out most is Strenght Training because that's the book that explains me what the other books are trying to explain. I need the variation ^^

(11-02-2013, 01:17 PM)atrenr Wrote: oooooh, those are some sexy hands you got there In love keep it uppppp

Thank you sir!

Attached Files Image(s)

20f27c58

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh man, you are killing those studies, great job there. A little crit on your imagination portraits, the eyes seem too big, I don't know if it's intentional or not(the girl with the dark hair from post #53).
Keep it up and thanks for the tip on my sketchbook :)

for feedback btw ^

It's been a while
sickness n such

Attached Files Image(s)