Adam's Sketchbook
Thank you. I've been told a lot lately that I'm too diverse and I need to develop my niche for the field I want to go in to which is more along the lines of concept/fantasy art.

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
District 9 Prawn. We will call this one done.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
Decided to work on a sketch I did a month or so back and just tossed it into storage. I think it has some potential though a bit bland in composition.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
hey man i really like your texture spheres it looks like you put quite the effort into them :D i want to give you a bit of a critic on your figures tho, the overall figure its well in its proportions and how you build the form but your poses are way too stiff, exaggerate them even more, its one of the great tools we have to push what we want to say, you ahve to make it as clear as possible, after all the message of what the drawing is telling people is the most important thing, so ask yourself always, how can i make this movement clear, what is this telling the viewer what do I want to say with this drawing what emotions are involved and how can i enchance them, either way very good work keep it up!
(01-25-2013, 04:38 PM)leonardZC Wrote: hey man i really like your texture spheres it looks like you put quite the effort into them :D i want to give you a bit of a critic on your figures tho, the overall figure its well in its proportions and how you build the form but your poses are way too stiff, exaggerate them even more, its one of the great tools we have to push what we want to say, you ahve to make it as clear as possible, after all the message of what the drawing is telling people is the most important thing, so ask yourself always, how can i make this movement clear, what is this telling the viewer what do I want to say with this drawing what emotions are involved and how can i enchance them, either way very good work keep it up!

Thank you. I am always open for critique since I don't know what I don't know. I've always struggled with the poses and exaggeration, every time I try to exaggerate I get the comment, "Your proportions look wrong." So, I think I really need to find how far I can push a pose as well as making sure the proportions stay in balance. Man, that's a task! The frustration of art is always so enjoyable! :-)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
Here is a self portrait sketch I just completed.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
The finished Vegeta as well as a few more godawful sketches.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
I've been doing a lot of sketching lately, more sketching than posting which is a good thing. There is some good, bad, and ugly in here but I like to see everything in peoples sketchbooks myself, not just the best work, so I figure I will share mine.

On top of that, there are a few digital studies and thumbnails as well. In addition to this, there have been some pretty big changes to my website and I'm still working on it but I would love to hear your feedback: www.adammiconi.com

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
A few new pieces added to the stack. I've got some more sketchbook sketches but nothing interesting. So I've made a base sketch I'll be using for a few different pieces, a few barbarian designs from that base, and an alien takeover of New York that is still unfinished.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
Hey guys, things have been pretty brutal this last month and a half or so, just totally slammed in everything but I've finally found a little bit of a breather so I'll post a few things up.

I am seeking critique on everything I post because I am willing to go revisit a few of the portfolio pieces to make them better. For the quick studies that won't be updated, it's just good to know what is and isn't working.

In addition, I want to try to start moving into the game industry. I figure I'll start very small at maybe a startup app company or something until I get good enough to move to a AAA title. Problem is, I have no idea how to find any jobs out there. I'm trying to get a killer portfolio and hope the jobs start coming to me, but in the mean time, I need to get my name out there.

Right now i'm on CGHUB (nobody ever comes to my page unless by accident), DeviantArt (I'm geting a few watchers here and there), my own site and here. Any suggestion on how else to get found or find the small companies that are hiring?

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
Really cool stuff here! It's fun to see all these casual doodles you keep dropping, makes me want to draw. Keep it up !

Thank you. I like to see the preliminary work of others so I figured I might as well share my own as well.

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
awesome sketchbook, i love your black&wight interior designs, very inspiring to try that (god, i say that everytime, i wanna try EVERYTHING)

:D

one of your skulls reminded me of my cthulu-concept im doing at the moment, i found most of the illustrations of cthulu quite boring, wanted to give him a more human creepy feel and tried alot to combine the human skull with a craken. maybe i post some of this in a while.

keep it up!

Thanks for the compliments Janvonfrosta.

--

And we will call this one done, otherwise I'll never move on to my next project., haha! Thanks for all the critique on this one everybody, hope you like the revisions.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
Here is an update to my minotaur, he's now finished. I'm also uploading a still from LOST that I just started, it's a pretty quick paint for my usual speed but I'm not sampling the still, I'm trying to eye all the colors.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
I've been watching LOST a lot lately and figured I'd do a study while it plays. I took a still shot while Kate was talking to Jack in front of the Helicopter in Season 5.

I only color sampled the image minimally, all the major colors are from eyeing the frame and trying to understand colors and values better. To get the images to line up I used a lot of plum and structure lines initially. I also use the traditional technique of holding up the pencil, instead I'd hold the Wacom stylus to measure.

Here is the finished version of the study.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
Two more ogle booglies to add. One is what I'm calling the "Claustrophobe" that I feel was appropriately named by a friend as he is bound in cloth and his own skin. The other is a turn around of the claustrophobe that another friend said he is going to make a 3D model of. I can't wait to see it.

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
And.....we're back!

Okay, where to start. I've been pretty busy lately, well, real busy, but I don't feel like I've got a whole lot to show for it, unfortunately. How does that happen? You get so busy that you get absolutely nothing done. Just blows my mind! Hopefully, putting it down in text will show that there is at least something going on, but who knows really! I'm pretty tired right now and I think I'm just rambling, so, let's move on!

I've finally got my Facebook Page up and running. It's something I've really wanted to get going and now it has been. It's still insanely low on 'likes' so if anyone wants to do me the favor of liking my page, I would not be against that!

I've also moved my blog from Blogger to Tumblr. There you can see a post similar to this one about some of the sites I've been active on so I'll keep this one a bit shorter. I've signed up for a few more social networks or I have become more active on them so check them all out!

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/adammiconiart
Tumblr: http://blog.adammiconi.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/adammiconi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdamMiconi
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/adammiconi
Behance: http://www.behance.net/adammiconi
CGHub: http://adammiconi.cghub.com/
DeviantArt: http://adammiconi.deviantart.com/
CGSociety: http://adammiconi.cgsociety.org/

I hope to see some of you join me over there. I'm working on becoming much more active in the community but man, there is always so much going on. I am currently the most active on Instagram, Facebook, and DeviantArt, though I'm hoping to get more active here.

In the next post, I'm going to throw up a bunch of little quick sketches and doodles I've been working on, though, none of it is all that impressive. My day job is killing me and I need to find a way to get more time allowance in the day.

Here are a few, very fast, scribbles I've completed just recently as well as a fun, simple Jason Vorhees desktop background, though, this one is too low res for a background. The hi-res one is on my blog.

blog.adammiconi.com

Why I feel I haven't had any thing that is really new to show, it's because I've updated a few pieces recently. For those of you who network with me on Facebook, you've seen all of these. For those that don't, I would love to network with you!

www.facebook.com/adammiconiart

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
I feel like I've been missing out on the whole Breaking Bad artwork so I figured I'd get in on the game. I figured I'd combine the two things I love, Breaking Bad and Batman, Arkham Asylum. May I present, Breaking Batman!

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi
I've been pretty busy lately with a set of Mini Horror Characters that you can see on my Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/adammiconiart) but I don't want to post them here so just go there if you want to see them. They are all vector art and kind of cool...I hope.

Anyway, my most recent digital painting is that of Dhalsim from Street Fighter. I started this guy in my sketchbook and then moved into Photoshop to do a quick paint. One of my fastest I've ever done and I'm actually happy with this one!

See the process on YouTube: http://youtu.be/Q21jQJM3ftg

Attached Files Image(s)

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi