Tristan's sketchbook
Todays junk

[Image: still-skull.jpg]
[Image: skullu.jpg]
[Image: summit-cover-sketch-1v2.jpg]

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
More junk

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
So here's a bit of an update. A few weeks ago I got to visit the Swedish Academy of Realistic Art (SARA) to talk to some teachers and students at a open house event. Got to chat with Sam C and Miles_ which was awesome because I've been following their work for a long time and am a big fan. I was really impressed with the school and it looks like I'll be going there in the near future. I just need to fix the whole money issue but hopefully my parents will chip in

Got a few months of high-school left but after that I think I'll be a lot more studies and work. Hopefully the added free time in between schools will give me time to study a lot more and I guess once I'm at SARA I'll be doing even more. For those curious here's a link to the school site http://www.atelierstockholm.se and wish me luck as a power through the last months of high-school (I'm kinda stressed so posting might be slow due to lack of free time but I'll be sure to do some stuff and post it).

Here's a chunk of studies and whatnot

An old sketch for a client that was never used

Some studies

And here is the first round of studies for the Crimson Arena

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Hope everything with school works out for you! I am sure it will, things seem to kind of work out one way or another

Pretty much everything here makes me feel tingly in my special area.
Thanks! I'm glad that I can stimulate your special area ;)

Another Crimson Arena study. I love that conveniently placed cloth just covering his genitalia. I was never of the impression that geek sculptors were modest when it came to that stuff

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Quick still life

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Some stuff for a project.
Will post new client work soon

[Image: fire-movie.jpg?w=800&h=339]
[Image: animated-wall.gif]

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Cyborgy stuff

[Image: cyborg.jpg?w=800]
[Image: cyborg.gif]

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Soft brushes!?
[Image: F9A82fi.gif]

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Leaning new stuff feels goooood

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Got a new job with my biggest client yet. Can't talk about it but know that I'm super exited!

Speed painting for a project thingy

Studies

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
That project of yours is looking really awsome. The general feeling is nice, also cool little animation with the smoke and stuff. Looking closer at some of your other paintings, they're reminding me a lot of Daves stuff and how he kinda paints all those dots of light with small details.

Was that your first time really diggin' into the soft brush? It's pretty neat, haha. I'd say it's pretty close to witchcraft, and you can abuse it pretty easily.

I really lookin' forward to seeing more of that project, though. Don't stahp. :]]]

Archreux: Hey, thanks. I've been a very big fan of Dave for the longest time. Lately I've started to try and steer away from being too influenced by his work, it's just too tempting.

And yup, haven't really done too much with soft brushes before and I recently watched a study/speed painting video by Maxim Verehin and saw how he used a lot of soft brushes. Got curious and tried 'em out. Really like them and want to integrate them more into my painting process.

I'll be working on an animated trailer thingy for my project. It's really a loose concept that I'll need to develop a lot more.

Some quickies

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Alright bitches! I'm back... sort of. Haven't graduated yet (9 days) but most of the stressful stuff is done. Will post some crap I've done in while I was gone. Will get going hardcore every day once I've graduated so expect big things! I want to be able to work professionally full time after a year of studying and working. I Want to move out and start my new life. A year might seem a very short time but I'm fairly certain I can handle it. If not, maybe two years could be my maximum ;)

Some bonus news. I'm starting up a study group for people serious about art. Can read my post on it here at dA . Might have the thread for it here or on permanoobs.

Studies, sketches and a little work-

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
In celebration of the new Mortal Kombat game, I'm making some fan art to both do something I love but also as a marketing thing to give me more exposure online. Will start out making Sub Zero and Scorpion. Then depending on how popular they become I'll maybe do some more things.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Had some time to add color to Sub Zero. Going for the "If the 1920's game had better graphics and a tad of my own design influences" look.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Getting into this Spitpaint stuff on facebook.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Study before bed. Totally messed up midway through when my brush just decided to change without me noticing. Instead of repeating the layer I was working on I decided to just say fuck it and paint over my mistakes...

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Last thing for tonight.

I did a figure drawing tutorial for my DeviantArt followers. You can check out the tutorial here but I'll upload the images from it to my SB.

[Image: figure_drawing__gif___tutorial_in_commen...7lfaro.gif]

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Focusing on the difference between direct light and bounce light

Discord - JetJaguar#8954