Tristan's sketchbook

Here are a few sketches/studies I've done.
I'll try and update this sketchbook daily so stick around!

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Knight sketch

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Did a sketch of a goblin dude

and this is what I've continued to do on that deer

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Welcome aboard Tristan ,hope you will enjoy your journey into world of Crazy Daggers...I mean Crimson Daggers.

I have to say that you really suprised me with this deer painting. Its amazing,I see that you are using textures,colors,and everything in perfect way. i can't wait to see more of this. You are a great inspiration for me right now. Thank you for sharing this!
Keep up with amazing work and have fun :)

CD dA FM  MaL
(05-22-2013, 02:42 AM)Toxicpanda Wrote: Welcome aboard Tristan ,hope you will enjoy your journey into world of Crazy Daggers...I mean Crimson Daggers.

I have to say that you really suprised me with this deer painting. Its amazing,I see that you are using textures,colors,and everything in perfect way. i can't wait to see more of this. You are a great inspiration for me right now. Thank you for sharing this!
Keep up with amazing work and have fun :)

Heh, thank you! I wouldn't say the colors/textures and stuff are perfect but I guess they're okay. Sadly I had to change the values and colors a bit because the people I'm working for wanted stronger colors and contrast, not sure if I'm happy with the changes but they're happy and that's the important thing. That deer is now finished + edited and will be posted shortly :)

My little deer is now finished!
This is an album cover for the hardcore band Placing the Blame and the album is called Heretics

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
im diggin the album cover! Its my favorite piece out of ur sb. You can see a lot of improvement in this piece. for your value sketches, try to make things less muddy. Start off with bigger brushes and lay down flat values. Save the small brush work till you have all your major values established. cheers

(05-29-2013, 07:54 AM)yog joshi Wrote: im diggin the album cover! Its my favorite piece out of ur sb. You can see a lot of improvement in this piece. for your value sketches, try to make things less muddy. Start off with bigger brushes and lay down flat values. Save the small brush work till you have all your major values established. cheers

Tanks! Yeah I always have to remind myself not to use a small brush ;P I se what you mean with the muddy values and I'll keep that in mind the next time i do something :)

Did a study of a girl screaming

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
New study

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
quick study

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Hands

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
I Vant to suck your Bloooood! ^^

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Started a new study. Going to bed in a sec but will finish this guy tomorrow :)

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Hey! back from a vacation in the states and ready to start working my ass off during the summer.
here is a study from a movie still

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Sketchbook Page

Creature portrait thingy

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Some sketches
I can feel the improvement in my bones! :)

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Just some sketches.
I've been working a lot more in my traditional sketchbook but I don't have a scanner so if I ever upload anything from it, it just looks bad. But I'm really sketching a lot of faces and doing a lot of studying with pens instead of going digital. I find it to be a good way to learn line quality and it's a bit more unforgiving so it really shows what you know and what you don't know.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
I should upload more of my sketches and be more active here...

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Some new things I've done

Painting of a Myrddraal from the Wheel of Time books

and a painting of the Ice King from Adventure Time

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Really macabre stuff man! That creature portrait in post #14 had me tingling of excitment and a bit of discomfort! I can see the improvement happening dude! So maybe it's time to switch it up! Some environments and some full figure paintings to get ya restarted and climing the ladder again!

I've always wanted to read the Wheel of Time books, but the pagecount ruins it for me! Worth giving a shot? Cause I want to read it more when seeing your little conceptual sketch :P

(08-06-2013, 09:46 PM)Bjulvar Wrote: Really macabre stuff man! That creature portrait in post #14 had me tingling of excitment and a bit of discomfort! I can see the improvement happening dude! So maybe it's time to switch it up! Some environments and some full figure paintings to get ya restarted and climing the ladder again!

I've always wanted to read the Wheel of Time books, but the pagecount ruins it for me! Worth giving a shot? Cause I want to read it more when seeing your little conceptual sketch :P

Yeah I should probably start stepping further out of my comfort zone and tackle stuff that isn't just portraits.
I found the Wheel of Time books very enjoyable but yeah the pagecount is a bitch. I read the first few books and then switched to audio books so I could paint while listening to them. It helps keep you entertained when you're putting in a lot of hours. The story is good however I'm like 1/3 way through the series but I've heard it gets even better further down the line. Listening to the audio books you don't really think about the pagecount and you can just focus on enjoying the story :)

Discord - JetJaguar#8954