Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :)
(01-28-2014, 10:01 PM)Angel_Intheuk Wrote: Great portraits and studies despite the hand, I hope it heals soon. Have you tried doing some stretching exercises? yoga, pilates and tai-chi have all helped me in the past (I suffered with it for a year or so, I started with simple tai-chi warm ups every day and then moved on to pilates and yoga) good for the mind too with all the breathing :)

The latest painting is lovely, I think her neck is still too long though (just a tad)

Thank you for looking at my sketchbook even when I've been inactive!
I'm doing a lot of yoga and pilates lately, but I still have some difficulties with my hand.
But I think I should be able to start drawing a bit again.
Again thank you :D
Here is a WIP and a colour master study
It's been quite a while since I last drew digitally (and traditionally for that matter) so I am feeling pretty rusty.
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to approach a drawing, especially how to render it. baaaah....
Critique is always welcome <3

Attached Files Image(s)

So here is another update! :)

I've been thinking a lot about how to learn effectively lately. Very often I feel as if I draw/paint, but forget to think about what it is I am or am about to do. I am very reliant on drawing what I know and I feel as if that is holding me back from reaching my true potential with my imaginative work. For example: I tend to stray away from drawing unique costumes or hairstyles for my characters; I rarely draw animals, monsters and landscapes etc.

I need to take more risks and think more while drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

Great stuff, dude! You could teach me a lot in several skills. Keep going!

Help me learn, dude! My Sketchbook
hello bjork; do u liek bjork? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZn-2lOe9Kk

Also very nice things, i love the sketches <3 :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
PacaTatuCotiaNao: Thanks a lot :D I'm sure you could teach me a lot as well!

Fedodika: Hello, yes I do like her ;) and thanks <3

Did some quick 30 second gestures this morning (obviously more than two but the rest is all mushed together). And I think I'm somewhat finished with this Ellie painting. I definitely need to practice drawing hair and clothes, perhaps eyes as well... Basically everything. Critique is as always very welcome!

Attached Files Image(s)

But here are a couple of pencil sketches from imagination. I'm guessing most of my stuff from now on will be with my left hand. But I'll still try to do my best!
Remember to take care of yourselves!

Attached Files Image(s)

Woah, are these last ones from your left hand? They're very good, and the linework kinda give it an "artsy" look for them.
I'd suggest you try a few black and white paintings, I started them a few months back and they helped me greatly.
Great sketchbook, keep it up.

rafa zanchetin: Thanks for looking at my sketchbook ^^ The top and bottom one are with my left one, yes :P
I'll make sure to do some black and white studies asap! ;) again, thanks a lot man!

---

Little update again :) I figured it's about time that I get my shit together and start drawing animals hehe
If any of you know any good books on how to draw animals please do tell me! <3

Attached Files Image(s)

boopedy boop

Attached Files Image(s)

Woops long time, no update.

I'm always in such a hurry when it comes to learning. I'm afraid of not learning enough quickly, but I feel that that slows my learning process down a lot more than if I try to learn one thing at a time.

anyway, have some doodles

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm currently using bridgman's anatomy book, if you have any other books you find useful please do share <3

here are two quick hand studies from life

I have some pencil studies as well, I'll upload those later.

Shee ya shoon
I'm liking the values on those hand studies. Good job.

Some studies!

Attached Files Image(s)

head study
Trying out a different style :P

Attached Files Image(s)

More head studies<3

Attached Files Image(s)

hullo peeps, anyone willing to help me out with this one?

Attached Files Image(s)

looking good bjork! I think you could really push the value structure on that piece, the exposure is looking a bit weird right now. I think if you bring down the pure white vignette it will give you a bit more headroom to work with on the lighting. Looking into such a bright light directly would lose a lot of the detail in the forms and the rest of the image would look darker in comparison. Some play in the edges could help make it more lifelike too.

I did a quick paintover exploring some ideas, hopefully you don't mind:

[Image: bjorkpaintover2.jpg]

hope this helps some!

(09-30-2014, 04:07 PM)devin Wrote: looking good bjork! I think you could really push the value structure on that piece, the exposure is looking a bit weird right now. I think if you bring down the pure white vignette it will give you a bit more headroom to work with on the lighting. Looking into such a bright light directly would lose a lot of the detail in the forms and the rest of the image would look darker in comparison. Some play in the edges could help make it more lifelike too.

I did a quick paintover exploring some ideas, hopefully you don't mind:

[Image: bjorkpaintover2.jpg]

hope this helps some!

ahhh okay! I'll make sure to work on that! thank you very much! love that paint over, I was thinking about doing something more fun with that window, but I chickened out hehe

made a study /o/

Attached Files Image(s)

quick master study :)

Attached Files Image(s)