Kaffer's sketches & doodles
thx a lot man, means a lot! Somehow I feel I need to nail my compositions better in them though..

Hidden Path - Speedpaint

Time for some fan-art! This one is about one of my all-time favourite video game characters, Garrett the master thief, who is lurking around in a hidden path in the woods..

Hey guys, here's a master study after Ivan Aivazovsky - Icebergs

these are so much fun and I feel I learn a lot from them..

A photo-study from yesterday

Nice moods and color palettes Kaffer :) Keep it goingg

Thx a bunch Pnate! :)

Super-cheesy & cliché fantasy stuff, for fun

WIP character illo

Heya Kaffer, sweet stuff you've been doing!
Love the loose textural strokes in those studies you've been doing. They seem to carry over well in your character WIP piece, it has such a gritty feel. Would be sweet to se it more rendered but with the texture and grittyness intact. I've always found that somewhat challenging.

Ah, and a Garrett fan-art! That brings me back...The adventures of the greatest thief the world never saw :)

Heya Adzerak, thx a lot, I'm glad you like'em :)

I've been doing some master studies recently (kinda like Noah Bradley suggested in his first art camp video), and I want to transfer that in my own stuff, kinda to convey a painterly feeling..
Yep, that's the goal with the character illo - getting closer.. :)

Nice work man! Ivan Aivazovsky has the best moods, and I've got to second Noah's suggestion there. Keep it up :)
Thx a lot! Yep, gotta keep at it... :)

Here is something I started today, a fanart of Jander Sunstar, a gold elf vampire, from an old Ravenloft book called Vampire of the Mists..

Woo that's a super nice cape. But maybe you might want to tune down the gold/contrast a bit where the cloth leaves the image, because right now the contrast draws my attention down there and out of the image frame. Or maybe you could get the pattern tweaked in a way where it leads us towards the animal on the bottom?
Also, I guess that is just because it's a WIP - but the rain hitting everything besides him is a bit strange - could get some nice rain bouncing off him effects going with that scene.

Keep it up!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Hey Lyraina, thx for dropping by! :)
You have some excellent points there, I didn't even think about the cape leaving the frame-thing, but now that you tell me, absolutely legit. I finished the pic in the meantime, but it might need some tweaking..
It's not supposed to be rain, more like particles in the wind to kinda enhance the flow of the image, but I might tune that back too, if it's misleading..
Thx a bunch for your input! :)

here are a couple of warmup-exercises and a study for a new project

Really dig that organic feel on that futuristic car/spacecraft. Nice dynamic to it too.

Thx Adrian! Yeah, I kinda liked it too, has a bit of old-school scifi-vibe to it. Might push it further, dunno yet..

So yesterday I woke up with this little critter in my head. Nice way to start the week, huh? Any thoughts?

I dig that, reminds me a bit of some of Francis Bacon's figures.

Thanks man! :)

That bat thing is creepy as hell man. That's what you dream about? haha One thing, watch out for those super sharp edges on the creature, it makes him pop out a little too much at the moment which flattens him. Maybe lose some of those edges where the focal points don't need them. Keep it up!