Kaffer's sketches & doodles
Thx a lot Lyraina, it was fun.. It's a study for an upcoming pic, I'll upload it soon :) Oh and how about continuing Bloodsports? It was awesome, I'd totally be game for further ones.. :)

That`s one nice journey you got there Kaffer. Love your characters. And your desert army truck
in post 84 is awessome - you nailed it. Keep it up man :-) greetings
Thx a lot man! I really appreciate it! :)

Enviro study

Great SB mate, you have some really sweet stuff here. Bloodsports entry looks really good, again thanks for the crits on my entry.
Did you use dodge tool on the lava study?

Thanks Crackedskull, you're very welcome!.. Bloodsports was a ton of fun, can't wait to get to the new one! :) Yeah, I did use some in the end but only very subtly, most of the glowing was achieved with Color dodge and overlay layers..

Quick movie frame study from the Phantom Menace! (Jar-Jar not included :))

Hmm. I could've swore I saw jar jar falling to his death from a cliff somewhere there in the background, probaly just wishfull thinking heh.
That study looks great anyhow, and you have a really nice sense of lighting in your pieces (like the one on the previous page where the sun shines through the tree branches) Would be sweet to see you implement that in a larger scale environment, on par with the star wars study. Keep at it!

Yeah, he might be hiding in the mist somewhere.. vaporized :P

Thx a lot, yeah I wish I could make up such detailed environments like the studies.. that's the plan anyway :) Right now I'm doing a character/creature illustration, and I'm thinking about an environment next - gonna post whatever comes up :) Cheers Buddy!

Np :) Oh, and when we're on the subject a bit, lest I forget: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/16188...ts/2093909
What he showcases there has been pretty helpful for me in my new attempts to create atmospheric stuff. Very sweet way of starting with a painting to get the readability and mood going!

Nice stuff man, you seem to be on the right track, keep working hard :D

Hey! Things are coming along great man!
I love the amount of experimentation here. Most of your comps are really dynamic, I like it! :)

Adzerak: Coolio, thx man, I'll definitely check it out, this guy rewls! :)

Imskeptical: Thx a lot man! :)

Eraiasu: Thx a bunch man, means a lot from you! :) Cheers!

Here's a character concept I've been working on, he is made for a CgHub character forge challenge. Baal' Zebub, Lord of the flies, one of the seven princes of Hell. :) \m/

Hey Daggerfolk!

So I discovered the custom shape-method (Sparth started the whole thing) and it seems to be highly addictive. Been doing some sci-fi stuff since then, but gonna have to push my value-understanding further if I wanna get use of this technique in concept art- and more realistic stuff.

Wow, that looks cool. Totally different from your usual style. Might have to give that a try, too...

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Thx Lyraina, yep it kinda is, but that's what is no nice about it :) Gonna try to infuse it into my methods somehow..

Studies lookin good! And I like that last mech. Is that method sort of like kitbashing/photosampling?

Thx Pnate! Sorta, altough not completely. You make custom shapes from different photos, and use those (and warp, resize, transform etc) them for your needs :)
Here's a good tut to show what I mean

http://long-pham.deviantart.com/art/How-...-437239262

Enviro/scifi corridor study

Nice work, man. Cool environments.

Hey you make some amazing enviros, but your face studies aren't bad either, should do more of those.

Craig & Rafa: thx guys :) Yeah I know I should, right now I'm on a tech-scifi kinda trip but I will get back at those..

Tank study

Damn good sketchbook you have here, lots of variety.
I'm sure it would be cool to see you push your works from imagination further though, put all those brilliant study's to use eh :p