Darktiste Sketchbook
just draw on the computer or on paper and scan or take a photo of it. Keep the image size small.
(08-07-2013, 10:30 AM)DanDussault Wrote: just draw on the computer or on paper and scan or take a photo of it. Keep the image size small.

Yeah! Just take a pic! You should ALWAYS stay out of your comfort zone when studying. You can spend (believe me) years drawing the same stuff you're used to, and not improve one bit.

thx guy but i think i finally get a way to fix my problem i made my own drawing stand use a puncher and some sticking gum that stable enought to make drawing more confortable and it should fix the problem if not i think i will go for a live class but i don't know yet i didn't check if it possible
SO to day my objective was to get more control on my line i did some point to point line some cross and cercle and try to start doing some kind of fail cube. Secondary objectif was doing fewer line to start representing something and get confidence in my drawing.I also learn to add speed to a line to make it more accurate.And learn what kind of brush to use for line. And i was also playing with the zoom tool to see where my line getting better result.And i learn to avoid putting my hand on the tablette so it more fluid.

Attached Files Image(s)

5min study using a point to point method and working on getting the right zoom level to do my line find out i was using the mouse for some line =( i am still use to illustrator.I find out i was doing really bad because i was going to fast(little bit to early for the speed aspect)still learning to navigate with profiency.

Attached Files Image(s)

to day i try my first greyscale study without reference i start my using the finger tool then i realise i should try different brush so i try with a soft brush not sure if it call like that.I also find out how to make straight line using the shift key that like having a boner for noob

Attached Files Image(s)

Edges and values mate.
Maybe this tutorial i found on my hard drive will help you. I dont really remember who did it or where i found it, so i cant give credit to the author, my bad, but still i think you will find it useful.

Also for the values, push them. Right now i´m only seeing grey.

(08-13-2013, 10:11 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: Edges and values mate.
Maybe this tutorial i found on my hard drive will help you. I dont really remember who did it or where i found it, so i cant give credit to the author, my bad, but still i think you will find it useful.

Haha would you believe I was going to link the exact same tute?!

Yeah, it was from a thread from conceptart.org.
I think you'd find it useful, darktiste.
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51913
Best of luck!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
sphere

Attached Files Image(s)

not really a great study it retrace over a hand study but the goal was to have a good control on the line will using a tablet

next study i will add som to the hand bone line study

Attached Files Image(s)

wow! that's a huge improvement! Keep it up!

(08-15-2013, 01:57 PM)Rognoll Wrote: wow! that's a huge improvement! Keep it up!

can you be more precise about the improvement you seem to be talking about so i can compare to my idea of how i see my own improvement thx
well, the hands! The lines are more precise, even if you retraced it, it looks like you got the hang of your lines.

same as before but this time more structural study

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man, Nice studies. With hands I find its easier to think of them in geometric shapes. Like a rectangular prism for the palms etc then add all the lines afterwards. It gives more solidity to the underlying structure and stops the sausage fingers from happening. Also, if you think of a point somewhere around the wrist for the fingers to come from, its easier to work out how they spread. I did a reallly REALLY quick drawing. It's terrible and crude but I dont think I explained it the best without it.

Drawing improvement is massive!! Keep it up, I can see good things forming here :)

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
I found that these can often make fantastic basis for working on top of or using as a reference!! Keep it up :)

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
here is my biggest fear doing ear+tradional art

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
And yet you did them so well :) Keep it up!!

next time i will do more of them and try maybe different pose

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.