Veneq's journey of self discovery
Pierce, just browsed your sketchbook again while I scanning stuff. Man, I really like your comic stuff and the gesture quality to your sketchs. <3
Keep it up, great work!

thanks for your comment Pierce, Flipping the Canvas was something I did exclusively for a finished piece. will definitely bear it in mind,

now getting to you, I'm sorry I can offer no words other than groupie fandom love! lol your work is just clearly off the hook.

actually just thought of something. Going through your sketchbook I didn't see much environment studies. I'm sure it's on your agenda to focus on nature though. would also recommend learning some other mediums say, watercolour, for outdoor sketching. :D

looking forward to seeing you pump more art out. satisfy my groupie tendencies lol
Ursula Hey thanks for stopping by again! I LOVE gesture drawing... I feel I still have miles to go there though. I'm glad you like that stuff and can see the fun that I have while doing them.

Rookie Hey no problem! And thanks! You want environments? Well here's a start I guess :p

Environment study and some Bridgman.

[Image: 12-173-mountainlakestudy.jpg]
[Image: 12-174-proportionsnsuch.jpg]
[Image: 12-175-bridgmandeltoids.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Nothing much to say. Your studies are looking good. Just keep pushing it.

Ramalooke Thanks! I shall never rest!

Couldn't draw for 3 straight days... feels disgusting. So good to get back at it.

Here's a quick timed study to shake off the rust:

[Image: 12-176-wolktimedportrait.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Hey, that timed study looks really nice - Also I feel the same! I didn't get to drawing for a few days.

Keep at it.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Loads of work going down....cept those 3 days but hey! my advice would be to study various materials a bit more so the character parts dont all look the same

Looking awesome man. The gestures and silhouettes are sweet. Getting back into after even the smallest break sucks, sure you'll kill it though. Keep it up :).
I'd love to see a more finished personal piece, but everything's looking solid so far

Foreshortening study
[Image: 12-179-anatomicae-frshrt-study.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
sweet sketchbook dude, lots of very nice studies and imagination stuff here.

From browsing through your recent stuff i would say your studies are coming out much stronger and polished that your imagination stuff, so maybe more imagination stuff could balance that. Also i agree with Kidult's comment. Your values in your imagintion stuff seem very similar throughout, so perhaps contrast and value studies could help with that.

You have a very promising sketchbook, please keep sharing your stuff ;)

Good studies Pierce, that face study turned out great.

I could be wrong, but I think maybe the thumb is bit too long in that last study? Maybe it was like that in the photo? Either way keep pushin it.
Wow. That last portrait really makes me wanna paint portraits. You did great job on that one

Warburton Thanks a lot for the thought out comments - I appreciate your encouragement! And point taken about my values.
Dennis You're probably right. I think the whole drawing was a bit off in the end and I stretched the thumb to meet some certain measurement point. Fail :/
Ramalooke Thanks!!

So it's been about 2 months since I've posted anywhere. Essentially this is what's up:
[Image: _MG_0801b.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0692b.jpg]

Born at the end of September!! Beautiful and healthy baby girl! I'm a lucky man!

So here's some stuff from sometime between my last post and now.

[Image: 12-180-chrforgepiratesswip1.jpg]
[Image: 12-181-BridgmanArms.jpg]
[Image: 12-182-Doodles.jpg]
[Image: 12-183-GearsofScifi.jpg]

Lastly this is some album artwork that I did for my "day job". The client wanted a propaganda influenced style with my unique spin on it. First image is the cover (sans-logo and album title). 2nd is an interior booklet 2 page spread.
[Image: 12-184-MTM1.jpg]
[Image: 12-185-MTM2.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
This looks great, especially the eyes, lips and the shadow at the cheekbone, very nicely done!

(08-14-2012, 06:54 PM)Pierce Wrote: [Image: 12-176-wolktimedportrait.jpg]

Mythtaken Thanks!!

Starting to get back into a balanced routine of practice and work... here is some stuff.

I've been waking up and beginning with gestures to get the blood flowing and then getting an hour of anatomy study in before beginning work. Afterward, I devote whatever time I have to personal projects, challenges, or studies.

[Image: 12-187-gestures.jpg]
[Image: 12-188-gestures.jpg]
[Image: 12-189-gestures.jpg]
[Image: 12-193-Heads.jpg]
[Image: 12-194-Bridgman.jpg]

[Image: 12-191-InfectedScientistThumbs.jpg]
[Image: 12-190-ugh.jpg]

And... Alice Morgan!
[Image: 12-192-Alice.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Great ones man :D

Ursula Thank you!
[Image: 12-195-LongBW.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce
Nice work man, and congratulations :). Keep it up, studies are looking great.

keep up the hard work !
Thanks Jake and Ben!

Some thumbnail/silhouette work form today. Trying to focus on not rushing things and starting very middle key.
[Image: 12-197-infectedscientist.jpg]
[Image: 12-196-Musclemandoodles.jpg]

Steve Anthony Pierce