Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Awww yisss, there's all that hard mother effin' work you've been putting in-!!!

The art gains will be all yours brrruuuuhh!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
fist bumps smrr

character thumbs are funnnn

Attached Files Image(s)

Another gouache from life. Its not very successful due partly because i havnt painted in a while or gone to life drawing in over a month. that and she kept moving >:( It was a good challenge none the less however frustrating it was.

Attached Files Image(s)

more life drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work Adam. Mostly, I think you have the same problem I do. Being able to go darker and fully render. Grin

Keep at it, though-- Keeps getting better and better!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Thanks Book, yea I know they're light. I only have a short amount of time for each pose so I dont tend to rush into the darker values. The stuff thats I have more time on I use a full range of values. Thanks anyways :)

Heres some character thumbs, an enivro wip and a sketch of crackedskull from last nights hangout.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dude!,

That fantasy composition, is very potentials :D Are you gonna render it?

Artur is fulla love i see XD

For going darker, maybe try, laying in flat dark and a relative light? Growing the darks is good but it can get tentative too much sometimes, try and get it close on the first block maybe?
Nice stuff, Adam! Your character thumbs are rockin, and I like the direction your EDR assignment is going in.

LMFAO ADAM! DUDE!
That effing sketch of crack3d -- I can't ev-- you're a legend
this is too good

Real talk- thanks for hanging hey! Seeing ya cranking out your studies in the Hangouts pushes me to work harder than I have been over the past year

awaiting an update with your recent work, but in the meantime I shall stare them badass nunz and at this glorious picture of crack3d lolol

keep ripping it up ya selective-racist pig <3

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=75459

Bro... HAHAHAHAHHA! <3

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
dodeqaa, thanks. Id like to render it. I just need to learn how to render XD

Quote:For going darker, maybe try, laying in flat dark and a relative light? Growing the darks is good but it can get tentative too much sometimes, try and get it close on the first block maybe?

You mean with the charcoal drawings? If I go dark too soon and I mess up erasing becomes too messy. I work from dark to light when I paint in gouache tho. With the charcoals the longest poses are 40 minutes and I dont want to rush the drawing to get to values. My focus is improving my drawing mainly to which Im still struggling to get exact likenesses and correct proportions. One thing at a time.

ZombieChinchilla, thanks! You're doing a great job on yours too.

Steph, щ(ಥДಥщ)

Fedodika, glad you like it haha!

Heres my assignment 3 wip and life drawing for the week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Colour options looking real nice man :) And you're definitely rocking those life drawings.

Yes I meant the charcoals. Not too much though. Could try a little more contrast and definition when you are laying in the darks.  Something like this?

It could be the camera and the lighting you're shooting it in though. I apologize if that's the case. 

Keep up the good practice man!
Thanks for the crit Andrew! I'll try and speed up I guess. Life drawing is hard. Last nights session had 2 models. The poses were longer thankfully.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great work with these! Well drawn!
hey man! thanks for your comments from before (ages ago now!). Awesome that you're getting into digital a bit more and the life drawing stuff is getting better and better. How cool to have two models posing together! Some of your imaginative poses seem to lack a clear line of action, I looked at Alex Woo's gesture course recently and he says it like: what is the point of the pose and how can you represent it with a single line? doesn't have to be from spine to weight bearing foot either, can be from one hand to the other like with the guy drawing the bow on the previous page. Get that single line nice and the rest of the body just supports that one action. It sounds basic but I really saw a huge bump in my imagination figures after putting the line of action at the front of my mind.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thanks guys!

JyonnyNovice, thanks for the crit. I need to do more poses from my head. Im going to be doing a lot more imagined stuff. Thats good advice. Thank you.

just more stuff from the EDR mentorship.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those shapeshifting lizard enviroment looks great keep up the good work!

Hes watching you draw, and sleep so you better be productive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-slrs4ESw

some crappy life drawings

Attached Files Image(s)

Crappy? those figure drawings are far from crappy! you are absolutely making amazing art right now  Thumbs_up

that second figure down of the girl looks like the cover of a figure drawing book!