Paint it over
Hi all,
I'm Bjorn Hurri and I've worked in the game biz for almost 10 years now (www.bjornhurri.com) and I am willing to give you guys paintovers when I have some spare moments here and there.
I am quite busy with kids and work so don't flood me but I will work through the posts when I have the opportunity to do so.

Post the image in this thread with an explanation of your intent of the painting or design.

Probably what will happen is a psd with notes/PO/layers for you to toggle.

NOTE: PERSONAL ART, not work related!

My expertise is IP development and production art but I also do illustrations.
( if this thread is in the wrong part, please feel free to move it!)

Thanks!
Bjorn.
<3 Welcome B !

Welcome Bjorn! That is awesome from your part! :)

I might throw you some painting at some moment, how should we do it ? just posting the pics in here?

(11-24-2013, 11:18 AM)Blewzen Wrote: Welcome Bjorn! That is awesome from your part! :)

I might throw you some painting at some moment, how should we do it ? just posting the pics in here?

yea, just dump it here
Hey Bjorn!
Thanks for wanting to help us out ^^

The best thing i made so far:
[Image: fantasy_punk_character_finished__by_krnflks-d6mrlck.jpg]

I did this character concept a while ago for a certain tabletop game.

The describtion:

color
no background at all (I mean absolutely 100% white background, no shadow, no nothing)
human female warrior
she looks confident and battle-hardened
she has quite modern hairdo, something punk-like would be cool
a lot of skin is showing
she's wearing no armor, just quite skimpy clothes (yet practical! no high heels or chainmail bikini)
there are patterns on her skin
she's burdened with all kinds of blades: swords, daggers, throwing blades and stuff sheathed all over her body
she's smoking a cigarette
the rest is your imagination, so make it count
and after sending in 4 sketches, he chose this one and said: You can cover her eyes fully with that bangs of hers...

thanks dude for making this, your art is truely amazing !

Hey Bjorn, welcome aboard!

Very glad to see you here. This is so awesome from you to do paintovers. You're so gonna get flooded :) By the time I read the post and posted this image someone just overtook me :p

This is one of my last images I did for drawing jams on CGHub, you might have seen it before on fb communities. So the theme was to do a woman character involving a dark ritual. I wanted to make her more primal and more in the sense of a a movie character like Melisandre from Game of Thrones rather than a game character, meaning her presence and energy speaking about what she is.

I wanted to present her as a coldblooded witch and the image itself to be very energetic. I tried to establish the energy through her pose and the mist and wind blowing through her clothes while she presents the ripped part from the victims body.

So the things I would like to change:
1. I used red colors to evoke emotional energetic state but somehow I feel the colors are too muddy and also not as harmonic as they could be.

2. I think image would benefit if the chaotic energy would be more balanced and wouldn't overcrowd the image or in other words how to paint chaos and disorder without making the image itself busy?

3. Anything to change in her design that would even more establish her being a coldblooded witch.

So, whenever you have the time to take a look I'll really appreciate your opinion and/or your help.

[attachment=37857]

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello Mr. B
My name is Valentin, you probably don't remember me, but I've been at some of your streams and yes, I think your work is a real inspiration for everyone who wants to work in the industry as an artist.

Anyway, recently I had to do this illustration thing for a game's title screen. To be honest I don't have much faith in the project, but it's one of my first ones so I'm doing it for the portfolio.

Thing is, the client specifically wanted this really weird composition and I had to make my way around it.
It's supposed to look gritty, but also fun and cartoon-ish

I'd be really grateful if you could give this one a paintover or maybe just a few pointers. Seriously, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance,
V.

Hi all, I just want to point out that it needs to be personal art, not paid work :)
(11-25-2013, 08:00 AM)BjornHurri Wrote: Hi all, I just want to point out that it needs to be personal art, not paid work :)

i didn't get paid T_T
does that count too? please T_T

She is a complete failure... Don't know even how it ended like this... I was like totaly blind for color/light theory, perspective, proportions... But maybe you could save her :) I must say, I know my errors on this piece (or I just think I know), but I wonder how would it look like if somebody with huuuge experience would fix it. Thx in advance!

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
here's mine, i created a thread on this piece, but what the hell i might as well post it here.

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: 3gs.jpg]

Thank you very much for doing this!
Wow thanks Bjorn...you know you're gonna get flooded right? Do you only do character crits? I'd much rather a general folio crit which may be quicker for you anyway if you're ok with that? I'm putting together a fancier, cutdown version of stuff in the next day or so but most stuff will come from what is on here.
monkeybreadart.tumblr.com

I have an environment focus. Thanks for considering, I understand if you don't want to do it.

Just in case here's a piece I did for Bloodsports. I don't want to stay true to the original theme. The idea is basically an art deco retronaut woman. I can see quite a few detailing and fixes with the character that I need to do already but would love your eye on it. There has always been something I liked about this one but I really want to take it to the next level.
I've never been sold on the creature, so just a crit on the lady would be great!

You rock!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
update, I'll be working through the posts shortly. My time is very limited and don't expect an high amount of time spent into the paint overs but what you can expect to be walking away from it is an 10 years veterans view on things.

Again, please make sure it is a personal piece and it is NOT something that you will have a monetary gain from. I will stay clear of those as it defeats the purpose of my thread.

Thank you very much and happy 2014
Anything you can do is awesome Bjorn. We know you're busy. No pressure!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta