Draktvin sketchbook thread
Hello, my name is Ernesto from Indonesia, and I'm new here.

I try to do study each day and hoping to learn from all of you here. I'd love to hear all the suggestions and critics.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 1.JPG]

Pls pls do tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Thank youu!!!
day 2 of my studies. I'll apply the knowledge so far to my sketches.

[Image: 2.JPG]

[Image: 2.JPG]
[Image: 3.JPG]

Ok, I'm getting hang onto this daily thing.
Hi and welcome!
Those studies look nice, like the quality of your lines.
My suggestion is one that I often repeat: When doing lots of studies, don't forget to draw and paint from imagination in between the studies. It's a great way to see if you can apply what you've learned :)

@Adzerak: Thank you! Yea, actually I'm still working on that part. I need to do more sketches.
@Jackal: Hi! Thanks for the kind word.

As usual, studies... with some random sketches and trial wip.

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 5a.jpg]

[Image: .jpg]

[Image: 5b.jpg]

Thank you!!! Have a great weekend guys!!
Awesome stuff man! Would love to see more of your original works. The studies look very accurate.

gile...photo studynya mantap jos nes

@Hypnagogic_Haze: Hey, thanks for the kind words.
@rioriorio: thank you!!

quickie:
[Image: klk+copy.jpg]

studies:
[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]

and few stuffs from early november:
[Image: yaapalah+copy.jpg]
[Image: yabisajadi+copy.jpg]
[Image: ori+copy.jpg]
[Image: blebelbel+copy.JPG]

I'm still struggling to create a really good finished piece tho'. I don't have any confidence in making great piece. I want it but can't commit to paint 1 thing for too long. Any suggestion?
(12-04-2013, 04:01 AM)Jackal Wrote: Hey there again! Good studies again. To answer your question: Don't care about finishing until you are completely confident in your starts. There is no rush and the most important part is the overall picture anyway. I suggest that you keep practicing that until you feel completely happy with the basics without caring about detail. Otherwise you'll just feel as if you wasted your time on hours of unimportant stuff without making the image any better.
Another tip/crit: Your personal work is far better than that Orc and the Orianna! Those humanoid animals blew me away, you can really tell that you had fun with them. Capitalize on that instead of drawing the stuff that everybody knows already. (Unless you are really only interested in illustrating and not designing, of course) Good luck!

I second that

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
@Jackal and darktiste: again, really thank you for your advice, I'm still searching on what I like to draw tho'.

Well, as usual, figure studies with few portrait wips.
[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 7e.jpg]

[Image: 7a.jpg]

[Image: 7b.jpg]

[Image: 7c.jpg]

[Image: 7d.jpg]
Hey sweet sketchbook! Loving all the figure studies. Looking forward to seeing some progress on these portraits, really dig the one with the fins.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

hot damn! Look at all this work since I have last been here. Kick arse man.

Start often and finish well. When you are learning this is probably the most beneficial piece of advice you can get. You will feel when a piece is the right piece to push the crap out of and when it is just not working. So when its not working, try and fix it, but if you cant go any further forward. Just start again.

Rinse and repeat.