Birchgrove's Sketchbook
Hello all
I'm here to draw. Thumbs_up
stuff from yday & today.

Stuff from today

Decided not to post more figures & Loomis because its pretty boring to look at tbh.

Had a busy weekend and did not have the time do a personal piece, will try again next weekend. Did do some thumbs that failed pretty hard since doing them for the first time, but hey it was pretty fun.

Also doing silhouettes for the first time, and that shit was awesome.

And today I did a value study, did learn a few things so it was gooood.

Just started with Gurneys color and light, trying to wrap my head around hue, chroma and value.

atm im trying to make painting everyday a habbit, it's a struggle, but its coming along.
Small steps forward in the dark.

A Wild crappy painting appears!

experimenting with sketching and stuff

Hey, nice amount of stuff you've got in here so far, the figurative stuff is looking pretty good, unless its too much of a hassle to take pics and stuff (I know it is for me sometimes) you should keep sharing, It's cool to see them! And yeah keep pushing on painting everyday, It's rough at first, but it will become a habit. Keep it coming!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Hey man! Great sketchbook you've got here!

Reading your comments - I know painting is foreign to you as opposed to drawing, but you know what? You couldn't be going about improving your painting skills better! The importance of imaginative sketches shouldn't be taken lightly - if you keep this up regularly (alongside focus studies, etc.), you'll be laughing!

Keep it up and all the best, Birchgrove o/!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Just a quick painting before school.

Other news, dad had a surgery and I was away taking care of him, now i'm back and this sketch book is going to get spanked.

Also its my birthday and i'm spending it the best way possible, grinding away crimson dagger style!

have a good one Party
Switched to Vilppu a while ago. Bumped my understanding of shapes up a notch almost instantly.... Still alot to improve tho ^^

Sorry for the bad lighting

Learning to use the hard brush. Alot of problems with the shapes, but will focus on them a bit later. Was pretty pleased with the colors, yay! Wink
Nice looking figures!

Thx Hypnagogic! I did improve alot in the last week, feels good ^^

Decided to study character design this week. Focusing on Stephen Silvers tips and tricks.
Tomorrow I'm going to do characters from my mind and apply all the things I figured out!

Some frog characters from mind.
Building forms is getting easier.

Going to do some studies of frogs and doing a new batch of characters.
Let's see what happens!

(01-25-2014, 04:46 AM)Birchgrove Wrote: Stuff from today

Really liking your line art :D

Life's hard most of the times, motivation isn't the best sometimes. . . sometimes it's really demotivating. And, sometimes, I feel like I'm in heaven!
========================================
My DA: http://nunowho.deviantart.com/

Interested in some collabs or becoming a Drawing Partner? PM me!
Thx nunopias!

Some of the studies I did

And a frog prince character with studies applied, without ref

No matter the tool as long as it's cool!

-Sketchbook-
Some paintings, starting to figure some stuff out ^^

-Sketchbook-
had a breakthrough moment with this one. Feels so awesome!

-Sketchbook-
Thumbs Up 
Long time no post. Here's some of the things I've been up to.

This is the direction I'm changing my figure stuff. Analyzing the form and pose more, instead of falling victim of copying the pose too much.

Some Will Terel character studies. Also busting out the ballpoint pen, it's forcing me to draw in a more "skillful" way, I think.

My aim was to do a quick female portrait study since all my females were looking like Transylvanian transexuals... And it came out better than expected. The nose is so so and the other eye is way bigger, but overall I was very happy about the energy in the drawing. Thumbs_up

-Sketchbook-
your line arts are really nice; focus more on the rendering if you ask me, your chicks look fine and the figure studies are great! LETs DOO THE TIME WARP AGIN!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Nice start to the sketchbook so far Birchgrove :) I'd recommend trying one of the challenges in the community challenges section if you have the time, it helps a ton and it's great practice. It'd also be cool to see a fully finished character design from you, like that frog dude. Just would need a few more studies for the skin texture and materials and you'd be set!