Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
(06-29-2022, 02:12 AM)IrishWhiskey Wrote: @prince0-100, drawing longer poses is definitely on the cards. Thanks.

@darktiste, "let them come"

Working on basic structure.

Your lines look nice what pencil and paper are you using?

Don't be shy and message me if you have any questions.
Thank you Prince Blushing I'm just using a 3B pencil and cartridge paper, nothing fancy.

(06-29-2022, 07:59 PM)IrishWhiskey Wrote: Thank you Prince Blushing I'm just using a 3B pencil and cartridge paper, nothing fancy.

Thanks man

Don't be shy and message me if you have any questions.
Hey! Oil self-portrait, I think I'm finished with it. Any advice? 

Howdy,

I will preface this by saying it's been years since I touch oils, but I feel like this style of application is more typical of acrylic/gouache, and oils are a bit lost on it. It's like this is the start of a painting, some parts of the bare canvas are still visible, and it could benefit with more texture and detail, or glazes.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
@RottenPocket, Yeah I find it hard to spend too long on one piece for some reason. Thanks!

Amit Dutta's environment lesson 1. Never too late I guess  Rolling eyes, funny thought

I remember doing Amit Dutta exercise not a bad exercise i personally remember using a texture combination of brush to do them specially to get some effect for rock and vegetation you get fast silhouette that save time.

When it come to environment i am a newbie i can't lie. I think your approach is more toward happy accident and using scale to save time. Do you resize them or do you work at that scale? Just asking because otherwise it might be hard to control the brush at such size.

For the why you don't spend much time on each well it two color notan unless you try to be intentional about injecting subject matter that read you just move since you rely on happy accident. So you can always try to plan for a specific ''idea'' that make it more challenging for sure.

I remember i was doing those but i was focusing on a specific fundamental of composition. You can find at page 11 of my sketch starting at the post #216 to #309 i even had a few chat with Amit Dutta

So i definitively recommend you check it out maybe you can get some nugget of information that might be useful to you.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
Daektiste: Yeah I just used the same brush because it was easier to go between that and eraser. If I used another brush it just slowed down my process and was annoying. I'm still getting used to digital work (just bought a new tablet), so I want to take it slow.

In the exercise he just says to make the notans "non-representational" so  I wasn't trying to make anything representing rocks or whatever, just looking to create balanced notans while looking at composition basic principles. If something came from that which looks like an environment or character I would run with it... But that's not the goal. 

Thanks for the comment!

Some traditional and digital practice...

Oil paintings from a class I was taking. 

Time moves too fast......