Kimonas's Sketchbook
Great stuff. Keep this up!

Yea man give them edges HELL hehehe

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Piotr Jasielski - Thanks buddy i will do my best!
Fidodika- Will try :)

Another Frazetta study. Aiming to be more brushy. In particular, i'm trying to turn my workflow upside down by using no layer locking, which would always leave me with really sharp edges. Also trying to mess with lost edges. Tried my hardest to guess colours without using the eyedropper. Any C and C welcome!

Attached Files Image(s)

And another! Think i might do some Repin next.

Attached Files Image(s)

Heres a meh Repin study.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really sweet approach to those master studies! Feels like a great way to learn, analyzing the style of an artist you admire like that. The Frazetta one's are real nice, keep going with these and don't forget to do a personal piece inspired by all that you've learned by doing these :)

Adzerak - Hey thanks buddy, learned a bunch with these Frazetta studies, planning on doing some more from different folk i admire :D

So also practicing heads. Trying to nail ideal features. Trying to avoid directly looking at references while drawing, i want to get some of this stuff in my brain. between drawings though i study photos.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good stuff! Love you C-18 and Cell portraits. Your Frazetta are cool too.

RickRichards - Thanks buddy you are too kind. I see so many mistakes!

So for the lolz, a dwarf taking on some goblins

Attached Files Image(s)

cool sketch kimonas

I love your artwork, It's Inspire me ;), Visit my sketchbook thread :
My Sketchbook
Great stuff and awesome rendering !

Keep it up ! : )

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Rakif - Thanks buddy!
Shin - Thanks  - i will most certainly try and keep t up :)

So just a colour/lighting rough

Attached Files Image(s)

Rendering away, its taking quite a while this being a totally new workflow for me, ill hopefully be able to streamline things with more practice :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man hows it going?

I see you still on track. Really nice study´s what have you learned?

Keep it up man !!! Greedings

Hey Janos, its going good :) Mostly trying to learn how to loose edges and tackling colour. The more i do all this, the more i realise i need to do way more sketching and greyscale studies!

So heres the progress on the dwarf :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Here i'll give you a big ol steamin pile o crits:

First of all, the mountains look really nice, the faces are drawn well, and the texturing ain't bad either.

You definitely need to plan and thumbnail more on the next image bro. This composition isn't working, and here's why:

The viking dudes arm is posed awkwardly, Like, i couldn't imagine swinging a sword like in that mechanical door hinge like pose, it wouldn't kill the shit out of anyone.

The goblin closest to the shield looks like he's goin for a big hug, like i doubt he would get any damage done, say that scene came to life for an instant. There's also not enough contrast throughout the piece, the shield could be brighter, and all the goblins having the same value and color for their hair and face makes it hard to tell there are more than 2 characters in the scene.

The hair of the goblins and the viking are not blurred enough, they look pasted on or as though made of cardboard. Also the spear by the one goblin who's hugging's head looks tangenty and i'm not really sure if it adds anything. (the vikings head on the shield isn't centered, it should be further down and to the right)

Overall, the composition needs more contrast in the shadow part in the bottom. You can only notice there is a third goblin if you really pay attention. Perhaps give them different hair colors/styles to make different compositional choices, maybe even bald.

I bet you learned a lot from this bro, (generic way of wrapping up a crit positively)

Peace

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Fedodika - Hey thanks for the in depth crit man! You are right on a lot of those points, definitely dropped the ball when i came to the gestures. I suppose it is the first time ive tried to tackle multiple figures, but thats no excuse!

I tried to fix some of the issues you mentioned - hopefully it makes a bit more sense.

I feel like its a success when i came to colours and edge work at least, but still a lot of weakpoints. Back to some more practice!

Attached Files Image(s)

Really like where you're heading with this new piece. I did a quick paintover, zoomed it out a little (felt the close up made things feel a bit crowded/claustrophobic) and added a few more dwarves. I still feel like the composition could use a bit of work but hopefully this gives you some ideas to develop it further.

Hey Dennis - thanks for your paint over! I really appreciate your feedback on this one, and i totally agree. I messed up the composition, figures, design and some of the rendering. Your version works better! Everytime i finish a painting it dawns on me how i need to work on my figures and portraits more in particular. Originally i planned on doing the dwarf face looking up to him, which would have made him more imposing, but i bottled mid-painting! Terrible.

Anyway, you need to upload more good Sir, so that i can put you in the firing line too :)

But really i appreciate the time you spent with your honest crit:D

Cool stuff, i like it! And you have very good masterstudies. Keep it up!