Lordminkx's cave
Hello Crimson daggers. My name is José and this is my cave xD. I've been following CD for 4 or 5 months and doing art for 1 year (six months seriously) . Here is some old stuff...

And some of the last month [Image: KpleC52.jpg][Image: CZIzRNT.jpg][Image: 7xATOZZ.jpg?1][Image: c4IttHm.jpg?1][Image: i8toQ9e.jpg?1][Image: Ot0XH2E.jpg][Image: EDwsDtH.jpg?1][Image: O71VEbf.jpg?1][Image: 8xSAsH8.jpg][Image: yserF7s.jpg][Image: E9hgUeq.jpg][Image: 75RqStY.jpg][Image: lsdLb9p.jpg]

Hi José, welcome. awesome design dude, love your pet ride design.
by the way do you watch Feng Zhu? just get the feeling the way you design the layout kinda remind me of fzd school haha.

Keep posting :D

(08-26-2015, 08:55 AM)insbox Wrote: Hi José, welcome. awesome design dude, love your pet ride design.
by the way do you watch Feng Zhu? just get the feeling the way you design the layout kinda remind me of fzd school haha.

Keep posting :D

Hi insbox! Yes, I actually do, I saw that and I tried to recreate that, design a creature and then to design two versions, not very happy with the end result but meh... xD It's harder with no ctrl+z. I will try to do more stuff in digital although I don't feel very comfortable, right now studying perspective. Do you recomend me any source? Thanks for checking my sb out mate! :D

hey, for perspective i think you already know Scott Robertson book. well it looks cool to me the creature design. yeah so true i wish there is ctrl z in traditional drawing lol.

btw these are some book that i quite like:
-Marcos Mateu-Mestre framed ink
-Robh Ruppel graphic la
-Scott Robertson how to draw
-James Gurney colour and light

i haven't read all of them tho but i know its really good

Nice start! Remember to draw from a lot of different things-- Draw cups, hands, everything. Put down your lines carefully. Let yourself work slowly. And enjoy the process. Keep at it, and don't stop! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Greetings!

Nice stuff you've been doing! But you can push everything a little bit further!

I'll suggest that you do some research on line weight, scott robertson have some pretty nice videos about it! Your drawings are not wrong... they just lack hierarchy, reading about line weight shoud give you some direction on how to achieve this hierarchy.

There's many methods on how to achieve a good hierarchy, but I think that the one that will help you the most is line weight.

So... Good luck and happy studying :DD

@Bookend Yeah, I'm gonna do more still lifes.

@Rhasdra I see what do you mean, I tend to draw so quickly, I'll try to slow my process and take care of my line weight. Gotta watch Scott vids now, I'll post stuff soon. Thanks for the advice :D

New update from today.

I will be doing 30 days RPG challenge. Although It starts tomorrow I've done some studies and a sketch. I' did it because I just want to struggle with color tomorrow. 
It's a hero in a post-apocalyptic period. I avoided fantasy RPG because it's very common...trying to change the subject a little bit

I've never go very deep with anatomy and I don't know if it looks, his left leg and arm look weird.. xD correct so crits are welcome, also keep in mind I have never done much stuff in digital and my tablet is a small size so it looks shitty.. xD Or probably I have to improve and stop blaming my tablet haha

And yeah.. some studies before the sketch

Attached Files Image(s)

I did again the left hand and arm and now it looks less weird. I will add color tomorrow hopefully. Crits still welcome :D[Image: Heroe%20Sketch%201_zpswwn7dvax.jpg]

Hey, nice work so far. Lots of great studies! You're going in the right direction.

Hmm, lower half looks like it might require some shifting-- The hips look too low to me, and the torso too long. I may be mistaken, of course. I mean, you have the measurements right according to the head (looks about 6 heads tall, maybe should be 7), but it looks like you need to bring the lines in the middle for the legs up more, and that arm is looking too short.

All in all, I'd recommend looking at your proportions again, maybe trying to redraw. Andrew Loomis is great in terms of proportion, and you can get a good idea of the correct sizes. (And his books are free!)

Keep working at it! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Hello José!
Great start! I really like the creature design on the first post. Nice concept and great presentation.
Agree on the proportions of the last figure. It seems the hips are placed too low, it makes the torso look longer and the legs shorter.
Maybe it will help to look at reference on the same pose, or do the pose in front of a mirror and draw and study it.
Keep it up!
@VoodooMama @Bookend I did one of those long t-shirts and it just brings people to the confusion so I will change that before going into painting. About the arm..yeah it's too short xD Thanks both of you

It's not so much the shirt you need to shift, if you go back to your ref picture and look at where the knees are, you've taken the lowered crotch on the pants and dropped the knees/leg length in proportion to that rather than to where the waist/ crotch actually is, such an easy thing to do, but you should be able to fix it by moving the knees back up - try drawing the skeleton underneath on another layer, I find clothes really mess my proportions up and going back to the skeleton can help a lot.
I really like the post apoc concept, it's gonna look really cool!

(08-31-2015, 09:58 AM)Punk-A-Cat Wrote: It's not so much the shirt you need to shift, if you go back to your ref picture and look at where the knees are, you've taken the lowered crotch on the pants and dropped the knees/leg length in proportion to that rather than to where the waist/ crotch actually is, such an easy thing to do, but you should be able to fix it by moving the knees back up - try drawing the skeleton underneath on another layer, I find clothes really mess my proportions up and going back to the skeleton can help a lot.
I really like the post apoc concept, it's gonna look really cool!

Wow you are right! I wasn't thinking about where the crotch actually was and that messed up my length, Gotta fix that! Thanks!

Cool stuff make sure to work on your anatomy! loomis and the Hamptons design and invention is a good start keep up the good work!

@Hobitt Sure, I'm studying some perspective stuff I will post later, doing 30 days RPG challenge and I'll be attending to Environment Mentorship so after all that I will go deep in anatomy! :D

--New update---

First attempt to digital...So much fun and I learnt so much  :) It turned out finally better than I expected. I was trying to do a post-apocalyptic hero avoiding fantasy RPG... Well I've never go very deep in anatomy so there are several issues like hands and arms etc. Okay gonna confess I did the gas mask because I suck drawing faces xDD. I noticed I suck everywhere so I will be studying the fundamentals during the week and then doing some imagination pieces in the weekend with everything I learnt. I should do a goal post... [Image: Heroe%20Final%20vari_zpstybl7n7g.jpg]

(09-01-2015, 04:53 AM)Sketchosoph Wrote: btw Reupload this. Higher resolution! Do you have a scanner?

I actually do haha. It messed my markers up.. [Image: Scan0003_zpsmxka3flc.jpg]

You've got some cool stuff here, I like what you have for the RPG challenge so far. However I'd recommend looking up more reference. The pose and the way the guy is holding the rifle isn't very believable. I found some reference for rifles here: http://beautifulbrienne.tumblr.com/post/...decided-to

Also, use this tutorial to properly use reference so that you're not tempted to just copy the contours: http://senshistock.deviantart.com/art/Le...-196300314

I hope this helps and I'm not just telling you stuff you already know. But keep going! Truck on through and post more!

@Sketchosoph Thanks mate!
@Zombiechinchilla You're totally right, he looks like he's never held a rifle xDD. Bookmarked the reference, I think I will have the chance to draw again the guy in a battle or something some day in 30days challenge..  Thanks! :D

Well, 2 weeks off. I was starting school and I was a bit busy with some personal stuff.

Some perspective stuff..
[Image: igDNDPp.jpg]
[Image: VnRP21Y.jpg][Image: YzF3Nfq.jpg]

A self portrait although it doesn't look like me xD And a master study. Still wip[Image: MGVfjch.jpg]

[Image: mZiZHfz.jpg]

And messing up with markers in toned paper and some plant sketches

[Image: CORlC4C.jpg][Image: 0BhNwoP.jpg]