Sketchbook 2.0
(04-24-2016, 07:41 PM)Sagittarius-A-star Wrote: Hey Piotr, nice SB you got going here. :) *flashes on Star Trek* YOU KLINGON BASTARDS, YOU KILLED MY BROTHER PIOTR!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DAWCq67U6w :D
haha it's seems I'n just an "inexisting loss".

Quote:Anyway, lots of cool stuff here, I'm officially intimidated. ;u; But I must say that I'm surprised by the sketchy nature of your sketches. I keep falling into the assumption that you guys make beautiful, finished artworks all the time, but it looks like that is utterly untrue! I guess a lot of work, sketches, and study like behind every finished artwork you see.
Thanks and yes, the stuff you see in galleries and portfolios is just a tip of an iceberg. I don't post most of the stuff I do and recently I don't even save many of the sketches/studies. Much of that are failed attempts.

:)

Man, I love seeing messy brushwork, strong colors and spot on values.. and you got it all.

Even though I love the sketches feel and lack of tension, I'm looking forward to see more you pushing it all on a big piece!

Try not giving up on the sketchy nature of your work (which is beautiful), but push towards a more polished and complex image... Like the tree you've posted on your artstation (2 months ago).

Well... keep the awesome up sir! \o/

Duuuuude!!! Those rocks are flipping gorgeous and juicy af I want to slurp them up mah belly In love In love In love !!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hmm..I see.Don't afraid to exaggerate atmosphere and shadows on the rocks. It's hard to tell where is near and where is far,where is shadow and where is light. It's like you are trying to count up to 3,but instead of clearly count 1,2 and 3, you are counting 1;1.2;1.3;1.8;  2;2.1;2,4;2.9...etc.From the first glance you have to understand what the distance is between those objects,even if it is a quick brush strokes.I hope that's understandable !

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
Long time no see, I forgot about my sketchbook, uh. Posting images is so troublesome D:

Thanks for the input guys!

S4muraiCat: yes, i agree thanks for the advice!

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh man I love this last one, it reads so nicely. I like the technique too, I mean I'm guessing you had the darks on one layer and the whites on another layer and you just painted inside those layers, which is something I should try more often.

You should join the notan study group! I explained the process on twitch (it's pretty easy, fast and very powerful) and painted this piece live.

Oh yeah that last enviroment came out very strong. Nice work on the variety of grey tones mixed with the bronish yellow and blue which really gives of the illusion of a rocky texture.

I probably would have joined your study group but I hate knowing that I wouldn't be able to commit to it the way I want it to.

Maybe there is a next time someday. I'll focus on the crucible for now!

Really nice work overall! I followed you on Artstation. Great portfolio!
I haven't posted here in ages, but Vlad motivated me to.

@Thanks Zipfelzeus! :)

Here's a painting I've been working on recently. Almost finished. I just have to consider some aspects that I'm unsure of.

Below the initial sketch

Attached Files Image(s)

Post the snowy ones, and that 3pt perspective sketch one too man. I think you might have overdone the colour dodge just a tiny bit in places. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
I like the characters you added, makes you think of a story, BUT I think they're too far away from each other, doesn't really make sense, are they traveling in a group or not?
Also, it would be awesome to have a visible destination. Like maybe they're traveling to a castle or something in the distance.
Anyway, keep posting and stop being lazy!