Nicky D's Sketchworld
Your anatomy/form studies are great :D keep going man
Your most recent male profile shots are killer man, keep it up!

Thanks for the support Daniel and Nick!

Sketches and studies from the past couple of days

hey man, nice stuff in here, nice sense of form and beautiful linework

Great stuff Nick! I love the last character suit design. The problem is the version before the final render looks better - awesome design and linework - and the final render lost the appeal. I think you should study how metal reflects light in t=different conditions and with different metallic texture.

Anyway keep this up, you're doing great!

Great studies DQ! Your figures are looking pretty awesome now.

That space pilot came out really nicely, I think I prefer the realistic render version (render round 5) because of the rendering as opposed to the flat version.

Keep going DQ!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I appreciate the feedback and comments Walent, Piotr, and Artloader. Interesting contrast of opinions on which version of that character is more appealing. I'm favoring the lineart version myself, it has more attitude and life.

Getting back to the fundamentals; form and construction. Never hurts to put some time into getting better at the basics.

More practice with head construction

Your methodical studying is impressive. Can I be scared of you?

Seriously, I gotta steal some of that.

Thooooseee studies man! Look at them. LOOK. Hahaha really impressive work!
Ha ha, thanks for stopping by pableaux and Zipfelzeus. I know I'm a little crazy but hey, whatever it takes to get better right?

Sketches and studies from the past week, still focused on anatomy and form construction. 

Those head studies are siiiiick, awesome work! Where did you learn to construct the head like that?

Awesome studying dude - you're putting in the mileage and you will reap the rewards!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Loooove your construction drawings. They're really solid, keep it up dude

Good work, Nick. I really do like the 2nd iteration of the space pilot most. It's simple but reads well. It's nice to see you push a piece this far.
(08-28-2016, 06:04 AM)Nick Waldinger Wrote: Those head studies are siiiiick, awesome work! Where did you learn to construct the head like that?

Nick, the current resources I'm using for head construction are Michael Hampton's Figure Invention and Design and Drawing the Head and Hands by Andrew Loomis. Google them, you can download the PDFs for free

@Artloader, The Lama, and Dennis

Thank you for the kind words guys! Keep fighting the good fight yourselves and we'll all become masters

The last of heavy figure studies for a while. Shifting over into more creative work finally! The two monster guys started as imagination sketches and were rendered using reference. Tons of fun and a good way to learn values.

I need more practice painting monster hands though.