Ketchup´s sketchbook
Hi,

I decided to do helmighs in yo face class on portraits. This is my take on a part of the first assignment. Not finished :) But love to here what you think about it, especially about the shading, edgecontrol, etc...

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the infos. I´m working on a new skullstudie and will incorporate your feedback here :)
Nice environments and vehicle designs btw.
Hi, new skullstudie for that portrayclass

Attached Files Image(s)

New portrait study in order to get down with values.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you're trying to study how light hits and affects the head, then I would first look at the anatomy of the head (IMPORTANT: get down all the names of the bones and muscles first) and then planes of the face. If you go into this without any of that knowledge, you'll have a hard time understanding why the light is hitting certain areas. That is why some teachers have you start out by rendering simple flat surface shapes like spheres, boxes, and cones first; because there are no underlying features in them.
Cool, thanks. Sounds like a good idea, I´m following along with helmighs awesome portrait class and she seems to have a similiar approach to it. Will put more effort in analyzing and understanding forms.

Little studie of a sparth environment, trying out lassotool and texturebrushes

Attached Files Image(s)

Set myself the goal to create an Illustration for a cardgame (absolutely not ripped off from SamCarrs awesome Mentoringclass) This is the quicksketch, will post my progress soon :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Silly little monster (not finished)

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking forward to see more of the card illustraion :)

Also, silly monster is cute, lol! Other than his head, the rest of his body seem to be missing on core shadows though.

Focus.
Hahaha, thanks, yeah got interrupted on the monster, I need to bring myself to finsih the rest of it . But I´m working on the animalcompanion right now. :D

Update on the animalcompanion

trashed the original barbarian design and pose, because it felt too static and because of some anatomic errors.

I´m trying out colors now...

Attached Files Image(s)

Update

Attached Files Image(s)

Update on the animalcompanion

Attached Files Image(s)

Daily figuredrawing

Attached Files Image(s)

Animalcompanion and some lifedrawing

Attached Files Image(s)

Wip, try to imrove my shading

Attached Files Image(s)

Personal project, I did for a jobapplication. Would love to hear what you guys think :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Something about the last image seems weird with the foreground homes sitting on the background; it looks jarring for some reason. I can't really figure out why. All other elements in your scene have a very soft feeling on their forms, even the mountains have a feeling of softness and fluffiness. It could be the sharpness of the house form sitting against such a muddled background, but I don't really know. Maybe it's fine and my eyes are having a rough day.

I love the beauty of some of the linework on the figures in the post two pages up.
Thanks for the feedback :) I think you´re right with the houses. The edges are far to sharp, I should blur them a little, because, they are more in the distance.