Neopatogen Sketchbook
Hey Neopatogen,
Crazy improvement in only a little over a year!  I really admire the depth and the amount of work you put into each illustration/project/design.  Noticed you were tackling gesture, I saw this video yesterday, and it was pretty interesting.  It talks about exaggeration and capturing the essence of your pose.
Nice work Neo, I like how much work you're putting into the Chow challenge.

Thanks everyone for kind words!
I should probably only post more or less  finished stuff, looking for studies in folders and adjusting them takes too much time

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey neo!
its been awhile my friend, I can see that your hard work is paying off because of all of these Improvements! And I have to say your work ethic is something to be admired.

I see you're progressing with Scott robertson's how to render, and I really had to catch up

cool to see how you come up with the reptilian character. the materials could have used more hard edges, I mean in the armor.the cape could have smooth transitions to suggest a little more ya know , smoothness.

Looking forward to chatting with you up sometimes, right now im just really really busy with my Training. (im currently working at a printing shop). But whenever I have the time i might pop in to chat from time to time.

Great to see you back Kurt! Hope to chat with you as well. Work ethic is important, but the point is not to study as much as possible, but also as smart as possible, which is one of the things I'm pursuing.
Your support really means a lot to me guys, cause I sometimes feel down about my progress, and although I don't feel that much improvement this helps to cheer up and keep going :)
Put a lot of work into this horse concept, but at the final coloring stage today I started hating it and could not make myself do some color studies and color it properly. Well at least I consider it finished as a black and white image, and I'm really happy that I changed the pose again. Going to take a break and work on another character and do some sculpting for now.

Attached Files Image(s)

Today's stuff :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool updates, I think the robo horse turned out pretty cool.
You said you've begun to hate it but if you do go back to it, I think the saddle area seems to blend together with the rider a bit too much, from a distance they look like they are connected.

Thanks Trigger!I think you're right about the saddle.
Here's what I've done digitally so far. Redid spine assignments according to the YT crit video and did some new, and woworking on a voodoo master character concept.

Attached Files Image(s)

More Proko anatomy, pelvis was fun
And some notans for a character

Attached Files Image(s)

oh 3d? nice!! it will definitely help you with the rendering of a character :D Love the last ones btw, really like #1, 2 and the bunny hahaha. You are doing really good with all the studies :) cant wait to see one of these rendered
Some anatomy, unfinished CHoW and several character sketches with aproppriate studies.

My fat lizardman is still in early sculpting stage, not sure if it's better for him to have small raptor' or human legs, like on the very bottom image.
Girl and lemur are going to be 2d if I'll have the energy to render both :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Woah crazy loads of anatomy studies, your work ethic is pretty hardcore. And I'm really loving ur designs, especially the horse on that illustration u did recently, it looks so badass!
Maybe you should consider doing some studies from life too? They help immensely with undesranding of light and form, at least for me thats what works the best. Anyways, great job you're doing here, even the progress isn't apparent to you, it's still there, so keep going !!!

Thank you vennsomn for encouragement and advice!
Lemur charater completed. It means that more rendering makes him worse. I guess some still lives must help to improve my lighting and rendering.
Also did some anatomy but will post later :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Bilibin/Vasnetsov master studies sand notan studies from Arthur Dow's book for my freelance,

as well as some Proko anatomy. The current anatomy assignment is so damn hard, it takes me a lot of time. I also attach my nerdy cheatcheet which I've done while watching Proko's free vid on YT, just not to lose it cause I tend to lose stuff.

Still working on my 3d lizardman model, hopefully will update soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

You're doing great with those anatomy studies Neo! Also that lemur looks awesome, I love the way you rendered the fur especially!

Keep pushing!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I love your lemur character! You are working so hard on anatomy, very impressive!

Tnak you so much guys!

Been struggling with the creature's hands and decided to do a human hand study first. Now I can see how messy my creature's geometry has become. Will try to block out digits more accurately next time.

Attached Files Image(s)

The lemur character is great *_*. Appears you're pushing those studies hard and applying them. Keep em comng.

I would love feedback on my Sketchbook
YEESH KEEP GOIN CRAY CRAYY!!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Some studies and sketches for an Artstation challenge

Attached Files Image(s)