Forrest's New Doodlebook
Heart 
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a long time. I think about a year now. And I decided recently to jump back on here and post again. I would use my old sketchbook, but literally all of the images on there except for the last page are broken links so I felt it was best to start fresh. I've felt kind of off and on about my art lately and it feels good to come back to my roots on the CD forums to try and get my butt in gear.

To start off here is some progress through the years!

And now here is some stuff from yesterday. Just some studies and doodles and junk. I'm hoping to try and post stuff each day here.

Welcome back to CD. Your YouTube videos were really helpful for me, thanks for doing them. Great to see the year by year progress, it's inspiring and reassuring to see how far someone can go in just a few years! Looking forward to more.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
hi forrest nice to see you here!

Great stuff man , love your work :)

Hey, Forrest, great to have you back, man!! I've actually gone back to your sketchbook a couple times in recent years and yeah, it's sad that all the links are broken! It's great to see you back, what have you been up to, more freelance? Hope the past year has been good to you, and it' sweet to see you here again.

Dat improvement though. Nice work.
Sickk

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
you've been improving consistently all these years, but the jump from 2014 to 2015 is insane! :D

JyonnyNovice: Thank you very much! I'm glad you found my videos helpful :)

MasamuneDS: Hello to you too!

Xenzo: Thank you!

ZombieChinchilla: Hey! Yeah I'm so sad to see all the links broken :( I've just been working at a studio, trying to squeeze in as much of my own personal work as possible ha.

Dennis Kutsenko: Thanks Dennis :)

Fedodika: you're sick!

EduardoGaray: Thank you! :)

Man I started a sketchbook and then didn't post in it haha. Alright, so I stopped posting due to a vacation and a huge excess of work just before I left so there was no time for any fun art. However! Now I am back and ready to post some more, starting with everything since 2016 (Like I said, just got back from vacation :P)

Great improvement. Keep up the good work!

Post more stuff!

Piotr thank you!

crackedskull I shall!

Here are just some experiments with color and some doodles as well as the finished frog dragon :)

So, I did some anatomy studies tonight after the gestures below, but it was all traditional and I'm too tired to take photos of it all at the moment. But tomorrow I plan on doing more and posting all of them :) Really trying to get back into more doodles and experimenting :)

Hey man, awesome sketchbook! :) Your stuff looks great, and you've clearly improved a lot over the last few years. I like the dude with the lamp mace very much.

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to your ensuing posts.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
my bro, that last piece looks like something i wanna learn more is like, making the figure really look like it's in the environment; i think you could blur some edges a lot more and add some grain and it would really be kickin :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
that dragon frog design and execution is great, i love it. :D

Great to see the improvement! Those values and that form is looking very good. What do you mean when you say you feel off and on about your art at the moment?
Sagittarius: Thanks very much! :)

Fedodika: I did exactly that haha! 

EduardoGaray: Thank you! :)

Danny Martinez: Thanks! Well, no matter how much I may improve over the years I still always find small insecurities in my own work. I don't think the feeling will start to fade until I start doing work for people I've always wanted to work for and finish some of my own personal projects. 

So, was really hoping that I could get more done over the last couple days. Unfortunately, once I'm done streaming and get done with the things for my other two personal projects something usually comes up or I slow down a lot on my work ethic. I'm hoping to draw and paint a lot more this month. I'm finishing up a powerpoint I need to make for a course I'm teaching at a nearby college. Then, I'm finishing up assets for a mobile game I'm making with my brother. Those have primarily been taking up my time, but once those ease up I'm hoping to really crack down on more doodling and experimenting :)

Anyway, enough excuses!

Man, this stuff is awesome!
I actually just now realised that, while going through people's sketchbooks, that I try to paint light the way I saw it in your red orc barbarian piece. For a couple of days now. I saw it like a week ago and it just hooked.
I love the orc, by the way, design-wise (with the blood), and THE LIGHT hrrrnnn god
Keep kicking ass, sir!

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]