AChi's sketchbook~

still design study

and compositions for CC2

Attached Files Image(s)

Great linework and postures. Loveling that third Oulz the Dark Terror piece, the composition is very good. It reminds me of a titan? Also, great value work on the first Henry the Raven piece. It feels like is finish the transformation from (I guess?) human to raven!

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
Great stuff man, I had similar problems with my parents too :/ but was lucky enough to convince them. Hope you can solve it, keep it up.

@wasgodx thank you! I will fix the composition to 16:9 landscape as required..

@tripna Thanks mate!

got some internet problems, cant get reference for CC2 so I do some photo studies..

Attached Files Image(s)

trying to use Painter's quick curve tool but every time i draw a new curve it creates a new layer, weird

Attached Files Image(s)

some thumbnails for CC2

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

my final piece for CC2

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, awesome SB AChi! :) You have a good mix of study and application here. Keep on practicing and never give up.

I like the haunted graveyard painting you made for CC2, looks really cool. Honestly all this work is so above my level right now I'm not sure if I can say anything useful at all. ^^; It just looks pretty good to me. Looking forward to you next post!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
(04-24-2016, 02:20 PM)Mechanizoid Wrote: Hey, awesome SB AChi! :) You have a good mix of study and application here. Keep on practicing and never give up.

I like the haunted graveyard painting you made for CC2, looks really cool. Honestly all this work is so above my level right now I'm not sure if I can say anything useful at all. ^^; It just looks pretty good to me. Looking forward to you next post!

thank you! it's not about "useful" or not but I am very happy to see people post any sort of comments.

Sooo many things happen last week: I got a part time job to help teaching children doing art and I sort of figure out part of my industrial training programme for my engineering degree! All this great things happen after I start doing daily practice, so I have to keep this going! I haven't done enough practice in the previous week but I will back to that speed and do more practice to make the fortune continues! Tongue Tongue Stupid

Attached Files Image(s)

I love those line sketches in chinese style! Are you going to paint some finished piece with those elements? Would be awesome.
Is the tank supposed to be upside down? Great that you have an art-related jon now, congrats! I think you can learn a lot teaching others.

(05-12-2016, 08:39 AM)neopatogen Wrote: I love those line sketches in chinese style! Are you going to paint some finished piece with those elements? Would be awesome.
Is the tank supposed to be upside down? Great that you have an art-related jon now, congrats! I think you can learn a lot teaching others.

Thanks Neo! sorry for this late reply, I was reaaaaaally busy with Uni study. That tank is supposed to be drawn up-side down, so that I can only focus on the shape and color instead of keeping thinking how a tank should look like. About the job...it's abit disappointed since im only there helping the kids to clean up the palettes and brushes Blushing  but at least i can get some money from it.

two studies i did today

Attached Files Image(s)

smug tool is sooo cool~

Attached Files Image(s)

I am curious what's your way of practicing? Do you focus on one individual subject for a weekly basis, or learn different things at once in the week?

Dig how your landscapes are coming out.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
(05-26-2016, 05:03 AM)Hermidraws Wrote: I am curious what's your way of practicing? Do you focus on one individual subject for a weekly basis, or learn different things at once in the week?

Dig how your landscapes are coming out.

I don't restrict subjects to practice (I wanted to do that at some stage but it never actually work). First of all, I know that I want to focus on environment as a general goal. I want to become an environment/concept artist, so I wont deal with character practice too much (at this moment). Then everyday I look thru other artist's pieces and photographs and find the one I like to study. Only when I am following someone's tutorial or class I will do what they want me to do as homework, otherwise I pick random thing to study everyday.

using abstract method to start the painting, it's interesting

Attached Files Image(s)

Your line sketches are really good, however something is lost when you do a painting of a character. Do you actually start with lines or stright away with painitng?