AChi's sketchbook~
@neopatogen Hi neo, all those figure practice are drew from pictures. I am doing Victor Cloux's homework and he posted these pictures and set them into daily homework. I havent have time to do all the homework yet, his homework is like: (10 figure drawings + 5 design studies)/day and a colour painting /week

@Piotr Jasielski  thanks Piotr, I think at this point my mom still accept what i do in art everyday ( as long as I can get my engineering degree next year) . I have a friend who has to hide her wacom and can draw only when her mom's out, my mom is much better :)  The only problem now is that I dont have enough time. But I dont think art is any harder than engineering..so I guess/hope I can manage this. Thumbs_up

after CC1, back to figure drawing now

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, haven't read about your problem with parents when I wrote my last post. If you choose to persevere, we'll support and encourage you, at least that's what the community can do :) I think each and every one of us has to struggle with his own "dragons", I mean all kinds of problems. Handling those dragons is a part of our hero's journey. So... it it's your choice, do as much as you can to fight them and feel that you're not alone :)
I believe you can do it :)

(03-28-2016, 08:49 AM)neopatogen Wrote: Hi, haven't read about your problem with parents when I wrote my last post. If you choose to persevere, we'll support and encourage you, at least that's what the community can do :) I think each and every one of us has to struggle with his own "dragons", I mean all kinds of problems. Handling those dragons is a part of our hero's journey. So... it it's your choice, do as much as you can to fight them and feel that you're not alone :)

Thank you neo, I wont give up on art and I need to make a plan to balance university stuff and my art study. Stupid Sun

start getting abit of feeling...hard to describe, but I think something starts to change

Attached Files Image(s)

master study and try different brushes in Painter

Attached Files Image(s)

Lovely looking study! I think maybe you could push the values just a tad, but other than that it's looking super nice!
Who's the artist ? :)
(03-29-2016, 10:47 PM)BjorkJT Wrote: Lovely looking study!  I think maybe you could push the values just a tad, but other than that it's looking super nice!
Who's the artist ? :)

Thank you! the artist name is Edgar Payne

(03-29-2016, 03:53 AM)AChi Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 08:49 AM)neopatogen Wrote: Hi, haven't read about your problem with parents when I wrote my last post. If you choose to persevere, we'll support and encourage you, at least that's what the community can do :) I think each and every one of us has to struggle with his own "dragons", I mean all kinds of problems. Handling those dragons is a part of our hero's journey. So... it it's your choice, do as much as you can to fight them and feel that you're not alone :)

Thank you neo, I wont give up on art and I need to make a plan to balance university stuff and my art study. Stupid Sun

Your work is fantastic!! I really liked looking through your value studies :) Where do you find Victor Cloux's class? I'd like to take a look!

I was in the same boat on balancing university with art! My family was supportive of my art, but we had some mega health scares and it just wasn't practical for me to go off to art school. I got a degree in English and now I work in Instructional Design and do art on the side. And I can always teach English, so there's that!

The trick to balancing university and art is to get really good at time management. The fact that you've been doing daily updates already shows you're pretty good at it, but here are some tips that helped me: http://www.creativitypost.com/create/wor...oductivity

This Podcast is also a great one to listen to for all kinds of advice: https://seanwes.com/podcast/119-how-to-g...ay-a-week/

Keep up the work! :D

DeviantArt YouTube | My Books and Comics

[url=http://arapersonica.deviantart.com/][/url]
(03-30-2016, 05:27 AM)Arapersonica Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 03:53 AM)AChi Wrote:

Your work is fantastic!! I really liked looking through your value studies :) Where do you find Victor Cloux's class? I'd like to take a look!

I was in the same boat on balancing university with art! My family was supportive of my art, but we had some mega health scares and it just wasn't practical for me to go off to art school. I got a degree in English and now I work in Instructional Design and do art on the side. And I can always teach English, so there's that!

The trick to balancing university and art is to get really good at time management. The fact that you've been doing daily updates already shows you're pretty good at it, but here are some tips that helped me: http://www.creativitypost.com/create/wor...oductivity

This Podcast is also a great one to listen to for all kinds of advice: https://seanwes.com/podcast/119-how-to-g...ay-a-week/

Keep up the work! :D
Hi Ara, thanks for the tips! Victor Cloux got all those homework on his Wechat account. This is not really his class but he's giving these homeworks to public and after 8weeks, if people finish all the works and submit the final folder, Victor will pick people based on their attitude and improvement to be eligible to apply for his class.<-sound strict huh? Mean smile  

However, all the instructions are written in Chinese. But he didnt say much about the homework, he just shared the pictures we need to draw for every week, and sometimes give some tips. If you want , I can share his file to you, and if needed, I can do bit of translation. Basically all he ask to do is to use line to draw the figures/designs as accurate as you can, at this point as the most basic practice for beginner, no need to think too much, just get your "muscle memory" by doing huge amount of practice.

tbh I am way back chasing the deadline for everyweeks work, and I never really do his "design studies" cos I dont like thoes designs and when I try to draw it I feel frustrating. But as ppl always say we should come out of our comfort zone, I will try to do these works later...

forgot to put my CC1 final work here.

I miscalculate the due day and have to finish it in a rush. I agree with Piotr's comment in the stream that it's too messy. That's the problem I always have even when I do traditional works. I like to use texture brush everywhere<--not good Blushing

Attached Files Image(s)

I try to find a dry brush with texture in Painter but i cant. So this master study looks abit weird since i want to copy the dry stroke but i failed.

Attached Files Image(s)

new practice for this week, draw figures upside down. I feel I draw faster and smoother in this way. Stupid  cos only need to think about shape instead of muscle/bones

Attached Files Image(s)

I finally start to do the homework of "design study" now. I was reluctant to do it because I dont like the design.. I dont like the style...I dont like robots (cos I cant draw straight line!) and now I have 4weeks' (5/day) design studies to catch up! ( I do understand that we should know and try different designs and styles)   

So I start drawing it today. At the beginning, I still feel uncomfortable to draw it...but after I complete the first one (redraw several times), everything becomes nice and easy! And I think I am getting used to this brush in Painter now.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Hi Ara, thanks for the tips! Victor Cloux got all those homework on his Wechat account. This is not really his class but he's giving these homeworks to public and after 8weeks, if people finish all the works and submit the final folder, Victor will pick people based on their attitude and improvement to be eligible to apply for his class.<-sound strict huh? Mean smile  

However, all the instructions are written in Chinese. But he didnt say much about the homework, he just shared the pictures we need to draw for every week, and sometimes give some tips. If you want , I can share his file to you, and if needed, I can do bit of translation. Basically all he ask to do is to use line to draw the figures/designs as accurate as you can, at this point as the most basic practice for beginner, no need to think too much, just get your "muscle memory" by doing huge amount of practice.

tbh I am way back chasing the deadline for everyweeks work, and I never really do his "design studies" cos I dont like thoes designs and when I try to draw it I feel frustrating. But as ppl always say we should come out of our comfort zone, I will try to do these works later...

Yeah it does, wow! But it's great that there's that sort of thing out there!

And that's so generous of you to offer to translate, but that's so much work, and what you've given me is already plenty! :D I can just see what you're doing from your sketchbook, and that's good enough for me~ Thanks so much for sharing!

Haha, art is a frustrating thing to get into, I totally feel you! But usually the more you do something the better you'll be at it. The comfort zone is the place where you can't improve, so getting out of it always benefits, even if it's uncomfortable. Keep going, I enjoy seeing your stuff!

DeviantArt YouTube | My Books and Comics

[url=http://arapersonica.deviantart.com/][/url]
@Arapersonica you are welcome! If you need those reference photo files that Victor shared to us I can send you the link.

I start doing the design study...and find out that they are not that hard after I start drawing them, even I dont like some of the styles I (sort of) quiet enjoy drawing the design. Drawing is always enjoyable:)

design study is going better, not in quality maybe, but at least I can do it faster now

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah lovely work! I love how smooth and clean your lines are (: I think you could do with bringing some of that brush efficiency to your painted pieces. There's a tendency for messiness there. Doing some studies using only a round brush might help you with that! Keep up the great work c:

(04-02-2016, 04:05 AM)AChi Wrote: 160401

I finally start to do the homework of "design study" now. I was reluctant to do it because I dont like the design.. I dont like the style...I dont like robots (cos I cant draw straight line!) and now I have 4weeks' (5/day) design studies to catch up! ( I do understand that we should know and try different designs and styles)   

Same here. I'm terrible with lines. Great to see you get out of your comfort zone, makes me want to do the same.

@Eristhe thankyou! I will do more colour master studies, and learn their strokes, I recently switch from PS to Painter, and there are not that many texture brushes in Painter, I think I can start practice from painter's simple brushes.

@Piotr Jasielski After these days studies, I think I start to like drawing mechanical stuff! though I still can't draw straight lines...