CGMythology's Sketchbook
darktiste:  Great input!  I like what you did with the desaturated clothing specifically for the fairy piece, might incorporate that piece of feedback should I revisit the image again.  Made some changes to the Catwoman image based on your input as well, defined the neck area more and lowered the vibrance a bit more a more natural look.

one_two:  Thank you, really appreciate your support!

I refined the Catwoman piece a bit, I'm definitely calling it done now as I'm exhausted from working on it.  Pretty happy with how it turned out and am ready to move on to other pieces.

Next up is an illustration of 'Venom'.  This was a lot of fun to paint and draw and was fairly straightforward so the painting process went very smoothly.  I'm calling this one done as well unless there is something majorly off - if so please let me know!

Here are the steps:

Finally I started working on a new image.  Going for an iconic feel with this one and am pretty happy with the composition.  I had a reference for the general pose which I tried to stay close to, you can view it here as well.  Before starting the painting process I wanted to hear input on the sketch just to make sure I get everything right early, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

The sword hand guard does it mirror itself? Because if it does i think you failed to include it underneath the gauntlets there also some problem with the ellipse for the glove ''they point'' which is a common ellipse mistake.

Practically speaking the way you did the armor toward the armpit you modify the original shape as a purpose it to add mobility to the arm/shoulder it also why knight normally wear chain mail under there armor it for added flexibility and mobility the chainmail serve as additional protection where there gap in the armor.

Also regarding design element i think a cape would add some character and some flow to the image which otherwise feel very static.

Some element i want to bring attention to is the hair try to break up a bit the outline if you want to add some realism.

I added some scar because yup character who goes in battle get hurt +1 realism and storytelling. You could also add some scratch to the armor and some wear and tears cape to the cloth or the belt.

One last thing is remember to wrap and add thickness to thing that overlap they are not paper thin you should see some thickness(Note i forgot to add the thickness in the glove. Adding the thickness show that it not just one solid piece but something with mobility the rivet no longer feel like ''decoration'' they become an indication of functional design.

For the eye i would test a view variation of where the character could look at.

One other thing is my Pov as some tangent so if possible if you decide to add some of the element suggest and correction look out for new tangent.

The armor is to show how the main piece of the armor is.It also that i added some x where there is those abs like shape i think you could use the image as reference to remodel the abs. Also for those armor ''slice'' on the rib there is not rivet to hold them therefor maybe it leather armor where it interlace piece of armor. I just never seen this kind of armor so i am just again looking for real life example to inform the design functionality. So maybe you could also use the image provided as reference if you like it one of the two suggestion

Have a nice day.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
My last message had a few error but basically the suggestion is to rework the rib and abs portion of the armor and to show a bit of deep by overlapping different armor piece this help create form/volume.

Also wanna thank you for helping me reaching my goal of 200 Reputation

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.