BrushNoir Sketchbook
@PurpleScissors yeah that's it, but sometimes it's quite hard to see because of the highlight and shadow :p

Masterstudy Day 7

A belated welcome to the daggers! If you keep doing these, you will definitely improve during the course of the month. I second Piotr's suggestion to also do value studies alone. Your values are improving, but there is still a tendency to go over dark, or not get the contrast levels within separate depth layers right for the distance. I can see you have put some thought behind your simplification...keep trying to boil things down to their main essence. That kind of mental analysis is gold for your skills. Keep at it!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
@Amit Dutta Thanks alot! I will do more value studies as you both suggested. I really appreciate all the feedback I'm getting here, makes me learn alot more in less time!

Masterstudy Day 8

Masterstudy Day 9/21

Did a b/w valuestudy this time

Next is to figure out how I color these, not sure if using blendingmodes is my way to go.

(03-14-2016, 11:26 AM)BrushNoir Wrote: Masterstudy Day 9/21

Did a b/w valuestudy this time

Next is to figure out how I color these, not sure if using blendingmodes is my way to go.

Great study BrushNoir, could you tell the master's name?

@neopatogen thank you, the name of the master/painting is: Frederic Edwin - Church View of the Hudson River from Olana

Masterstudy Day 10/21 (Frederic Edwin)

Wow this one turned out bad haha, guess it was a way to difficult painting at this point. No way I could see any logical shapes eventhough I was zoomed out pretty far. Anyway here goes.

Masterstudy 8 looks good , so theres an issue with the greens probably on the last one, its
so hard to do.

@Liberty haha yeah, perhaps I need to play with some new brushes for ''greens'' and do it bob ross style ^^

Great studies, man! I see you've done it a few times before but remember to just keep applying what you learn and do some paintings from imagination. Try to actively think while you're doing studies, and perhaps take notes on what you're doing as you go. Keep working!

@Zombiechinchilla thanks and yeah I'm trying to get my imagination stuff up. i try to apply stuff to the CC and when I have more time I do something completely different.

Masterstudy Day 11/21 Halfways yay!

Nice master studies. The colours feel really great and the mood is definitely there.

Could you tell me the artist name of Day 8? I love the fantasy vibe that one gives.

Good colour and spacing!

@Eyliana Thank you! The name: François-Auguste Biard
@AChi Thanks!

really love the progress you see within the eleven days! keep up the good work!
Thanks browneye!

Masterstudy Day 12/21

Lacking time when I work during the day :( almost weekend! anyway I played with a few new brushes and I quite like it.

Masterstudy Day 13/21

Tired, but got to keep going! Almost weekend filled with lots of time to study and paint!