Legion CC 1: GoT Game WIP
Hello everyone! I haven't had a whole lot of time but really wanted to participate in this challenge. So, here are some comps I put together. My idea is to do a piece based around Sansa Stark in a Chinese setting, older dynasty I suppose. I chose Sansa because the character feels very feminine, and i can honestly say drawing females is a weakness for me. I want to incorporate some of the cool costuming from the show and give it a Chinese influence. I also want to incorporate some Fu dogs from that culture, only make them the dire wolf, and maybe tie Tyreon Lanister in a subtle way, to tie it back to the show. I appreciate any feedback, and I'll do my best to get back on later and give my two cents on some of the awesome work everyone else is doing.

Attached Files Image(s)

It looks promising. It's great you're addressing your weakness and force yourself to work on it. Comps look nice although perspective is an issue in some. Stylized wolf statues are a good idea. Keep this up!

Legion, these thumbs are looking foine O:
Feels like something out of a movie!

And fantastic job tackling your weakness, that's what this Crucible is really about! So keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to what you have in stall

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Man, today was pretty rough, took me forever to figure out some perspective on one of these I chose to move forward with. I re-cropped a bit too, hopefully its still working? I'll try to push another further along as well. Hopefully the perspective goes a bit easier with the next one. Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is some slight progress I've made. I think the perspective is ok in this one? I did some studies of Sansa's face and some Chinese faces as well. I realize these are pretty bad, but hopefully I'll get better, lol. Then I tried to design a face, but its not quite there yet. Trying to make Sansa look Asian is pretty difficult for me. I want her to look concerned? Any feedback would be great. I'll probably go into designing the Fu wolf statue next, and come back to the face and clothes again later.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is what i have so far, still doing studies and trying to design stuff. I think I'm going to go with #5 for the dress. I'll wrap that up soon and start trying to finalize everything soonish. Ah, time is so short!

Attached Files Image(s)

5 is nice, probbaly the way to go. Matches the winter setting. About your comp...the 3 main shapes are all horizontally on the same line (check the tops of them) and close to the same size, which makes the comp pretty undynamic. If you can, I would use a perspective that is a little more pronounced, so the closer lion is larger and perhaps the top of his head goes off screen and we see his chest. Then the other lion can stay about the same, or also get larger. This will contrast nicely with the character. You can use some dynamic lighting to help with focus as well.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yeah 5th design is pretty nice. Comp is ok, I'd personally add something behind the staircase - bonsai-like tree maybe - or make it that the stairs were coming out of a wider building or a gate.

Thanks for the awesome advice guys, I really appreciate it. So,

@Amit   I resized the wolves, though i still need to fix their perspective to match. I also moved the character down and put her face right on the third, which I think looks a lot better. Thanks a lot for the helpful tips!

@Piotr I used your advice too, lengthened the building and threw some trees in to point to the character. Thanks for the useful comments!

I like this piece so much more now, I wasn't too sure about it before, but i guess a few small changes can make a big difference. Now I just need to fix those wolves and start rendering......I think.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work so far! The last update really brought the image further. Looking forward to seeing how you light and render everything. I don't think you got to it yet but make sure you group your values on the next step.
@BenFlores thanks buddy!
Yeah I think everything was a bit too midtones or something? so i adjusted, hopefully looks better. I started throwing some color down and am refining things further. Just noticed my resolution was set low too, sigh...

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work so far Legion Brewer, Sansa really suits the chinese setting^^
At the moment it's looking a little flat, I think you can still push the value more. Also make sure to have gradients over your objects/character. The shift from light to dark is a bit to sharp in some places. Have a look at this post http://www.conceptart.org/go/questions/, I think it explains it really well :)
I would also suggest to add some more colours, maybe change the colour of the dress so she stands out more from her surroundings?

Made a quick little paintover  where I tried  to push the values more, hope it's useful!
Looking good though! Can't wait to see your finished result :D

Attached Files Image(s)

I've made a few tweaks and I'm trying to clean things up. Should be enough time to get a bit further than this.

@BjorkJT Thanks for that paint over! I really appreciate it. I hadn't quite gotten to smoothing everything out just yet, but it doesn't hurt to have some direction, so...Thanks! I tried to apply what you advised. Still might try to make the dress a bit more colorful, whatever time permits.

Attached Files Image(s)

It took me a few days to get back to this, but I'm determined to make the necessary corrections. The first thing I'm focusing on is the perspective, which admittedly I rushed in the early stages. This time I shrank it down and made the whole grid. I noticed the left vanishing point was pretty far in, so i moved it out quite a bit. That seemed to help a lot. i know the wolf still needs to be fixed, I pretty much just free transformed, and then extended the canvas so it wasn't too cut off.

Attached Files Image(s)