Hobitt's WIP'S
Aaaaaaah cool! Space Western!!
Yeah, these designs defs look like WH40K; which. is. awesome-!

Thumbnails and comps are really getting there, great job continuing to explore because "the first idea usually the weakest."

Slaaaaay Hobitt!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@Kopper yeah i looked at some holbeins portraits, Thanks for the suggestion!
@Amit thanks for the feedback yeah ill explore it more.
@Slash razor Well if everyone wearing power armor that means Tyrion will have to haul something much more powerful than a crossbow!
@Eduardo I feel it wouldnt fit with the space western feeling since its a frontier i doesent fit that someone would bother wearing something so ornate its all about practical survival kind of look a bit rusted a bit of paint chipped off, that good stuff
@I feel the warhammer 40k influence will forever will be in my artistic DNA, ill just roll with it, yeah trying new variations is important, it is sed that Howard Pyle would do 50 thumbnails even if he liked the first one "just to make sure".

Alright more comps the coloured one is a bit too much i think the painting become about the light not the character, ill tone it down in the final.I think i might go something inbetween the second and the third one.

These are pretty cool! Reminds me a bit of Mr. Freeze, only ...without the helmet.
@Legion Thanks!

Alright i think this will be the final comp, and a study of the actors face trying to feel the face forms so i will be able to draw them. I will most likely do studies of lighting just so i know how deal with it in the final.

Here are a a few studies i wanted to one is a study from blade runner wanted to look at a simmilar scene its rough but i answered some questions another is a quick test with layer modes i wanted to see how can i achieve a holographic screen effect. I think ill start the final piece now.

Alright working on the final now.

WIP...obviously.

Starting to really look like Tywin. Keep this up!

It looks really good already!

Such a great progress! Yep it already looks good! I like the colors!

@Piotr,PurpleScissors,Neopatogen thanks!

Another WIP,I will simplify the planes of the face and rest is just detailing out.

Haven't checked your thread here in a little while, it's come along great! Nice pose and colours and drawing, great great! Just one thing, when I was scrolling down, when I got to the previous wip you did, I thought to myself 'wow that really reminds me of Tywin Lannister', but then when I got to this one the face doesn't make me feel that way anymore... it's probably an annoying thing to point out but figured I should : ) good luck!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Oh yeah :D that's going great!

great stuff hobitt, really starting to pop, cant wait to see it finished
@Jyonny You are absolutely correct! i shall fix the face.
@Brushnoir,Slash razor. Thanks i want to push it as far as i can

Ok for today im done with this painting, its really mentally taxing to work on a single painting almost the entire day ecpecially the machinery bits!

You might also want to play with some lost edges / soft edges around the foreground elements to mimic how the eye focuses and make the focal point pop (can just use the blur tool on that stuff too)

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Hey Hobbit nice job on the rendering!
I agree with you how mentally taxing painting is sometimes. I can only really paint something thats in front of me, but whenever I try to paint something that doesn't exist it really does take a lot of brain power i believe XD.

I could crit on some things like for the composition, I dont see the point of having the bottom part of the picture, I'm not sure what's the purpose of it so if it's not of any vital part of the image it would be good to do a bit of cropping.

Agree with @KurtJeremy on cropping the bottom part. Edges needs more definition. But you have completed all the hard and time consuming part. Just push it on rendering and detailing.

@Jyonny yeah edges are crucial ill work on em!
@Kurt yeah it sure is a challenge to work from imagination, but thats why caffeine was invented! 
@Kurt,Purple scissors.Yeah i agree about the bottom of the picture it doesen't serve a purpose thankfuly cropping is easy!

Alright i think i wont change the face anymore it is what it is, perhaps a battle is lost and not the war, so i need to move on not much time left and i want to work on other aspects and finish the painting.

Got problems with them edges, too! So tricky! 
Cropping surely made your pic better. And I like the lion heads on the knees, good way to emphasize that it's a character from House Lannister.
Good luck with finishing your piece!

@Neopatogen Thanks!

Alright its done there are flaws but whatever its about having fun.So behold the planetary governor Tywin Lannister of the Lannister corporation.