Fort's sketchbook
Hey guys! Here is my stuff. Want to do some character design and illustration, but need more practice. I'll post some of my old studies, drawings and recent ones. C&C are always welcome.

[Image: iJGTBTlKkWU.jpg]
[Image: e0DMgATs-rk.jpg]
[Image: fH2YwhN0p48.jpg]
[Image: kvq1t70rdLg.jpg]
[Image: 4hB0w8l_Zms.jpg]
[Image: 8vRIqtIEIrQ.jpg]
[Image: 6cqIxtbfO3Q.jpg]
[Image: i_DJ359rKyM.jpg]
[Image: VWlLt6YMqSg.jpg]
[Image: 7DMgiCwJ4lU.jpg]
[Image: 4Ig42QjWcyg.jpg]

I discovered a few weeks ago that silhouettes are better approach for me so. 

[Image: 0gXtI5Tq77Q.jpg]
[Image: oFcO6SKI6fw.jpg]
[Image: 6oZ_U25TNjA.jpg][Image: gKiJ44RbIV0.jpg]
[Image: fn44d7UioVY.jpg]
[Image: Wjh1yUnxbU4.jpg]
[Image: JUbAG56oIYQ.jpg]
[Image: gF7J9b-59ZI.jpg]
[Image: -XJvUa6_chw.jpg][Image: nluQPPeXPo4.jpg][Image: GmdwcJml4Hs.jpg]

And this is some of my recent works and studies.

[Image: lcgmBXs-uDw.jpg]
[Image: -Kck1TRZYV8.jpg]
[Image: wBRIINAJhwQ.jpg]
[Image: tIaM5CPwh1w.jpg]

Here is anatomy study in my art school.[Image: UcSsm39CGgc.jpg]

Tried to find a silhouette.[Image: z8bjiJF8CgQ.jpg]

Started to polish this character. I already managed to put some colors to this, but it doesn't go well. So I'll try to repaint. For now line sketch.
[Image: TnBkgTBGUwI.jpg]

Hey man welcome aboard to the daggers pit. Don't have anything to say aside from keep posting, keep struggling, keep learning. Since I am fairly low level when it comes to figure drawing, ha. So yeah. Hope to see more.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Yep - welcome Anton to the Daggers Pit as Brian calls it :).

Your anatomy studies look really strong to me - nice work.

The silhouettes are looking good too - I'm looking forward to seeing where you take these.

Keep it going dude :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks guys for kind feedback! Right now i'm struggling with drawing from imagination and coloring stuff but I hope I'll break that wall) Stay tuned!

Some quick color studies and pushing further my character.
[Image: s9k7WEAoYek.jpg]
[Image: EKBr0yEpoqs.jpg]

Anatomy study I did yesterday in my art school and some changes with my character.
[Image: 24qJvX7YNhs.jpg]
[Image: lZZlFUhFyRY.jpg]

Sorry for not posting here these days. Got a bit sick. But I managed to complete this character. C&C are always welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great character design Anton, that came out looking really nice :).

One thing though, watch your proportions, her arms look a little short to me.

Hope you're feeling better and keep up the hard work!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(08-17-2016, 03:28 PM)Artloader Wrote: Great character design Anton, that came out looking really nice :).

One thing though, watch your proportions, her arms look a little short to me.

Hope you're feeling better and keep up the hard work!

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I see now that her hands a bit shorter than it should be. Didn't see that when I was editing the pose. Thanks again)

Hi Anton! Wow, you have some really cool stuff here! I can see you have a quite technical and disciplined approach to study, which is similar to the way I like to keep my works. I love your more classical studies with anatomy and shading, really great, and it seems to me that using silhouettes has been working wonders to your work! Incredible characters, such a nice variation of sizes and shapes!
One thing that I believe would help this last character you’re painting (you should name her, I’d love to know her identity!) is to take a look on the edges. All of the edges (and the brushstrokes themselves) are quite sharp. Sharpness seems great for such an ominous and metallic character, but if everything is sharp and in focus, it gets easy to loose track of what the observer should look at first.
See if this helps a little bit, I do love this blog! http://muddycolors.blogspot.com.br/2016/...ng-in.html

I can’t wait to see more of your artwork, and I’m very impressed with your dedication. Are you in artschool right now? Man, you’re totally gonna kickass so soon!
(08-17-2016, 08:59 PM)ManoelaCosta Wrote: Hi Anton! Wow, you have some really cool stuff here! I can see you have a quite technical and disciplined approach to study, which is similar to the way I like to keep my works. I love your more classical studies with anatomy and shading, really great, and it seems to me that using silhouettes has been working wonders to your work! Incredible characters, such a nice variation of sizes and shapes!
One thing that I believe would help this last character you’re painting (you should name her, I’d love to know her identity!) is to take a look on the edges. All of the edges (and the brushstrokes themselves) are quite sharp. Sharpness seems great for such an ominous and metallic character, but if everything is sharp and in focus, it gets easy to loose track of what the observer should look at first.
See if this helps a little bit, I do love this blog! http://muddycolors.blogspot.com.br/2016/...ng-in.html

I can’t wait to see more of your artwork, and I’m very impressed with your dedication. Are you in artschool right now? Man, you’re totally gonna kickass so soon!
That was really inspiring to read, thank you! I thought about the edges some time ago but i couldn't understand what that means. Thanks for the link, I really appreciate the help. I'll work on that as soon as possible) About education - yes, I'm learning at art-school now and it was one of the best decisions in my life. Academic approach is really helpful, you begin to understand things that you could probably miss, you know. Thanks again, that was incredibly helpful!

A few quick studies. I've noticed that metal in my works a bit too shiny. Trying different types of metal.
[Image: 1rlk7qKe3lk.jpg]
[Image: 6T0QVo0nKKA.jpg]

Tried to do some design stuff, but for me it's a complete failure.[Image: OoupLCV65bQ.jpg]

I do like your crazy headgears. It remind me a lot of "The Skillful Juntsman", have you ever seem this book? I think it suits your goals perfectly right now! It is one amazig book for everybody who's aiming for a career as concept artist, and it is tons of fun to read. (: https://www.amazon.com.br/Skillful-Hunts...0972667644

Also, I love your armor study, I think you did capture very nicely the shades of different colors inside the metal. Those brush strokes look realy good too.
(08-25-2016, 08:28 PM)ManoelaCosta Wrote: I do like your crazy headgears. It remind me a lot of "The Skillful Juntsman", have you ever seem this book? I think it suits your goals perfectly right now! It is one amazig book for everybody who's aiming for a career as concept artist, and it is tons of fun to read. (: https://www.amazon.com.br/Skillful-Hunts...0972667644

Also, I love your armor study, I think you did capture very nicely the shades of different colors inside the metal. Those brush strokes look realy good too.

Thanks for the tips and the book! I always appreciate a book recommendations) Especially in art. 
With armor study I was aiming to the different types of metal. But for me my brush strokes is still a mess, so I need to work on that)