Inktober 2016!
I also started an instagram for inktober! hopefully it'll push me to be more consistent about finishing stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/jonny079/

And woo Smrr, welcome to the party! You were conspicuous by your absence (or however that saying goes!)

More hair and face stuff today:

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Going for lunch with your coworker when you are on a diet ... 

Inktober 6/31

[Image: hS2Kf44.jpg]

Watched "Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet" today, so have a drawing of the dying robot (I really wanted to try inking all that technical stuff spilling from her body:

[Image: tumblr_oel8cpqlmj1r76fkmo1_1280.jpg]

day 5

05 fallen behind one day

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Day 6.

Something fast for the 6th day! 

My sketchbook is dirty!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
I missed a view days.
But this is day 3 or 6...

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice stuff people! So cool to see so many new drawings every day!  Thumbs_up

Mine for today: German ww1 soldier

Inktober 7/31

[Image: qSHhPl4.jpg]

awesome stuff everyone! Great to see you join too John!
Z that diet one is too funny, you need to put the caption on the drawing so it can rock the net xD
Kayo kid I was looking at your drawings from last year, you improved a lot! I think you could do more with line weight, add some thicker parts to the lines where they cross each other. You could also use more broken lines like you did on the bridge of her nose (mentally we will also 'close' the line if the lines will meet). Although saying that I usually close all my shapes xD

Some cartoons of my little girl from me today. I was trying to find a design that had the big eyes / big head but that didn't look like anime. The middle one perhaps sort of achieves it, but still pretty anime looking.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Not too happy with the attempt of rendering metal in ink.

[Image: 5574da699c39ca6a082fb510b55cb26ee7ca339b.jpg]

@JyonnyNovice : Thanks, I'll try do some more interesting stuff with line since that's what I'm currently focusing on. I found those scans you put up of that manga/comic inking manual so that will be useful. As for the big eyes, my only recommendation would be to study these drawings here! http://livlily.blogspot.com/2010/11/mode...wings.html
[/url]
Day 6 Where I mess up and my drawing looks at me in sadness.

[url=http://livlily.blogspot.com/2010/11/model-sheets-production-drawings.html]
Hope you guys don't mind, I did a couple things to try and show some suggestions:

Ooloriel You got the right idea with the metal but just did too much of the black bar, I put a couple suggestions on top - good rule of thumb is to make sure there is gaps of white around the black reflection part, use it sparingly, and make it a clear shape (I go for 'tick' like shapes quite often). Here is a super quick thing to show what I mean:

Kayo Kid Here is a straightforward approach for adding some depth to your drawings - wherever there is a 'T' shaped overlap of lines, make the T part thicker:

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
@JyonnyNovice
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind next time I try this.

[Image: tumblr_oeogzffK5X1r76fkmo1_1280.jpg]

I dont think i can make it @__@
Days 1-4

Attached Files Image(s)

Dogs barking at a train

Inktober 8/31

[Image: 9qosOmN.jpg]

Cesar Wow!! those are just beautiful, I really want to see more of those!

Day 7: Sticking with the cute kids theme, I could've gone a lot thicker in places to sell this drawing but I got to this point and didn't want to screw it up. Something more bold and dramatic tomorrow!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
day 7 Some quick Trigun fan art, I tried to do some subtle stuff that Jyonny suggested regarding line weight.

Kayo cool ^^ keep experimenting with that stuff, thx for the link yesterday too, that place is a goldmine!

Trying something more rendered today, a generic barbarian type dude lookin' sexy

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Crusader Knight

Inktober 9/31

[Image: ECGLHZA.jpg]