Wolf's Sketches
(10-15-2012, 07:33 AM)Wolkenfels Wrote: Hey Dorothee, thanks. the skull is from photo reference. Christof Grobelski has a big file with a lot of super good photos of a skull on his page. http://www.cgbrush.org/p/downloads.html

Thanks for the link, Wolf! I'm glad, that he has taken the photos in these files himself, so that I can use them without any feelings of guilt. :)

My Crimson Dagger sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1479.html
simple color sketches and a tree

Attached Files Image(s)

Is the tree a metaphore for your growth.. good job

Wolkenfels is a gold man. Love your improvement. It's craaazy xd

The color studies are awesome, you are really developing an eye for atmosphere!
I guess the tree wasn't a lot of work, but still, keep the depth in mind. The trunk/log is kind of flat, and it's kind of too easy to see that the ground is a base with a custom brush coat on top of it.
thanks all for your kind words!
@rockonguy acutally i nearly used the 2 hours for that tree - had to restart the whole leave stuff for a second time as it is hard to correct it once it has gone bad... I try to put more time into the ground work next time - you are probably right that it looks to artifical. thanks for the hints!

the next batch of life drawing - this time with coal and chalk..
It is easy to see that i have still problems to get the proportions correct and that leads to the next problem - that the canvas gets to small... i work on that and i can only recommend life drawings - you learn so much!

Attached Files Image(s)

photo study around 2,5 hours

Attached Files Image(s)

Man, your studies are coming on leaps and bounds. That ant one is phenomonal. Really nailed it. Great stuff dude, keep it coming.

ooh nice photo study and good job on the lifedrawing, apart from the heads you got some nice structure and form going there

Thanks Jake and Jean.

another Tree study and another color sketch.
I think the color sketches are a good way to learn as i try to do the simple shapes fast, see the colors and don't stay long on details but try to see the important part of the picture anyway. they may not be accurate but my reportoire is not very big and this widens it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yeah, love doing colour studies. Dno if you've seen ctrl-paint's video about them. He does them in a pretty interesting way. Super small, super fast, then moves on really quick.
Ummm, here.

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/the-tiny-study/#more-2655

Looking good though man. Like the tree :).

next lifedrawing session

Attached Files Image(s)

another color sketch... not so good but at least i have done something... and discoverd that portraits are useless for color sketches... you don't get colors or proportions right - it just looks like crap...

and another entry for my tree speed challenge...

Attached Files Image(s)

study.... boobs....
and a lot of fun with rocks and water...

Attached Files Image(s)

next life drawing session....

Attached Files Image(s)

next life drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo 
Landscape Speedies

[Image: landscape_november_speedchallenge_1_by_w...5lafwe.jpg]

[Image: landscape_november_speedchallenge_2_by_w...5m12wu.jpg]

[Image: landscape_november_speedchallenge_3_by_w...5m3fcp.jpg]

Seen the american songwriter Marian Call live and painted this little fan picture.
[Image: marian_call_____and_dragon_by_wolkenfels-d5lecp6.jpg]

A portrait of an old man - not so great but purely from imagination - what is very rare for me to do.
[Image: space_admiral_dermont_by_wolkenfels-d5m80sm.jpg]

Good job wolf, you're really coming on leaps and bounds! Keep it up!

yeah, looking good!

my last life drawing session.
this time i took my laptop and tablet with me - but it is not worth the trouble to carry it around. I think i concentrated more on the human form wiht just a coal stick...

the course is over so i am back to learn from photos...

Attached Files Image(s)