Incho's SnG's
Thumbs Up 
Hi.

A bit of stuff I've done over the past couple of weeks. This post is quite large, but they won't all be this cluttered. The images will also not be this large... my bad.

Excerpt of a 50/day gesture thing.

Ref'd gestures.

Gestures from imagination

Some notes.

More imagination.

I dunno.

SB
Nice start here Incho :).

I like how you're mixing up doing figures with those organic shapes. Personally, I've found those simple form constructions to be just so useful in constructing more complicated stuff such as the human figure.

Have you seen Proko's YouTube channel? Awesome for learning human figure stuff.

Keep it going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(09-22-2017, 07:10 AM)Artloader Wrote: Nice start here Incho :).

I like how you're mixing up doing figures with those organic shapes.  Personally, I've found those simple form constructions to be just so useful in constructing more complicated stuff such as the human figure.

Have you seen Proko's YouTube channel?  Awesome for learning human figure stuff.

Keep it going!

Thanks, Artloader.

I know of Proko's channel, but I've never really watched any of his videos.

SB
While I'm posting old stuff, these are from a couple of weeks ago also.

Scribbles to test out a new "charcoal" brush.

Headless faces.

SB
Messing with perspective.

Sphere stuff.

SB
Poses from Quickposes.

Ref'd study.

SB
Just doodles. 

SB
good bit of studies
do you have a particular direction your'e going in in terms of the kind of art you want to produce?

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
(10-01-2017, 10:03 PM)xelfereht Wrote: good bit of studies
do you have a particular direction your'e going in in terms of the kind of art you want to produce?

Thank you, xelfereht.

Unfortunately, I'm undecided on the sort of art I'd like to produce, which is why my posts have been a bit all over the place as far as subject goes--I'm not really sure which avenue I'd like to pursue.

SB
thats cool, youre doing what you need to then, which is trying out stuff. It took me a fair while to find some sense of a direction. trying allot of stuff was the best cure and some things i didnt think id like that much turned out to be very enjoyable. caricature for example was more fun than i imagined. sculpting was super satisfying too haha
keep exploring ey!

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
@xelfereht Yeah, I agree that exploring is important. I just hope that I find my thing soon. Thanks for stopping by.

I've been messing around with 3D, taking a break from 2D frustrations.

I've decided to do something I'm calling (which may already exist) Blocktober in place of Inktober.

#1 Restaurant/Store

Unrendered

Front

Back

#2 Spooky Bedroom

Unrendered

Lights on

Alarm clock only

Light from computer

Close up of computer

SB
Nice 3d blockouts, this skill is actually very useful even for 2d art.
You're doing Drawabox right? Was extremely helpful for me, and a lot of people on this forum do/did those excercises at some stage. One more vote here for Proko's channel for gesture/figure construction as well, so far his vids have been the most understandable material on gesture and figure drawing/anatomy for me.
Keep going :)

(10-05-2017, 10:12 PM)neopatogen Wrote: Nice 3d blockouts, this skill is actually very useful even for 2d art.
You're doing Drawabox right? Was extremely helpful for me, and a lot of people on this forum do/did those excercises at some stage. One more vote here for Proko's channel for gesture/figure construction as well, so far his vids have been the most understandable material on gesture and figure drawing/anatomy  for me.
Keep going :)

Thanks, neopatogen.

I'm not doing Drawabox; I don't really know what that is. I'll have to look into it, though.

SB
Another "Blocktober"-thing.  Rainy, foggy, gently "spooky" neighbo(u)rhood:

Front:

Back:

SB
http://drawabox.com

Start with lesson 1 and progress as you feeling going back to previous lesson to regain some confidence if needed.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Continuing on with the "Blocktober" thing even though it's now January. Not sure how many more of these I'll do.

Trying different things out with lighting and such.

Gross Bathroom:

SB