Vitor sketchbook
learning to draw some horses

Attached Files Image(s)

I love the energy

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Great work on those horses! Loving the gestures in particular, very dynamic!

thanks guys

more horses.
this time I did some stylization studies I don't know who the artist was who made these designs but I learned a lot from them

Attached Files Image(s)

Great updates, always impressed by your gestures. Love how you played with the shapes for the latest one, looks like you had a lot of fun with that! Keep it going!

really enjoying Aaron blaise's approach to drawing animals, I plan to take a few more courses with him

Attached Files Image(s)

Aaroon blase as extensive industries experience but what i think he is best at is body language expressiveness and gesture.Is work is certainly more fitted for people that do stylize work or are in animation.But fundamental are fundamental aslong as you enjoy and are attentive to what is being teach i think that the best investment.If i can add personally i think it a good idea to take a ''mentor who is close to what you are trying to do'' because they problem solve thing you might be dealing with.

You came across to me as someone who had a bit more of a realistic approch to animal so i think what he can certainly help you with is gesture and giving what ever you draw a character.

My Sketchbook
(08-30-2022, 02:27 PM)darktiste Wrote: Aaroon blase as extensive industries experience but what i think he is best at is body language expressiveness and gesture.Is work is certainly more fitted for people that do stylize work or are in animation.But fundamental are fundamental aslong as you enjoy and are attentive to what is being teach i think that the best investment.If i can add personally i think it a good idea to take a ''mentor who is close to what you are trying to do'' because they problem solve thing you might be dealing with.

You came across to me as someone who had a bit more of a realistic approch to animal so i think what he can certainly help you with is gesture and giving what ever you draw a character.
Aaron Blaise takes a realistic approach to teaching animals, because you can't animate an animal without knowing how its body actually works. Then he teaches how to manipulate shapes based on the real animal, that's why he's so good.

clothes

Attached Files Image(s)

You should consider to put where there tension point to explain you understand why the folding is happening.Else it just copying there isn't much understanding as to why and it not going to translate directly to your own work.Not that you need to do it just that it something you should be thinking about.

If you want to learn about cloth and you are looking for resource on the subject i recommend the video (paid)Foundation Sketching – Clothing and Drapery with Charles Lin or you can go on youtube and type in https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...+day+james and check a few of is video.

I think you already showing you understand a few of the different type of fold i just think you might want to identify them more often in the more complex drawing.Just to make sure you can make the difference when you see one if that something you think is useful personally i think it good to know when getting critic to know the term.

Who is ''your mentor'' when it come to drawing cloth?

My Sketchbook
The construction studies are just pure awesome. These really give me motivation to study construction more. Love them

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Attached Files Image(s)

Some really nice loose sketches on this last update. I like some of the imaginative work too. Have you considered doing a longer study, with some rendering, to build up some drawing stamina? To really look and see your subject.

I believe it benefits to do both. Quick, loose sketches and longer sessions on a single subject.

Looking forward to seeing more here!

Nice updates! The figure studies look on point, and you draw drapery very convincingly, very impressive! Keep it up!

(09-04-2022, 12:10 PM)darktiste Wrote: You should consider to put where there tension point to explain you understand why the folding is happening.Else it just copying there isn't much understanding as to why and it not going to translate directly to your own work.Not that you need to do it just that it something you should be thinking about.

If you want to learn about cloth and you are looking for resource on the subject i recommend the video (paid)Foundation Sketching – Clothing and Drapery with Charles Lin  or you can go on youtube and type in https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...+day+james and check a few of is video.

I think you already showing you understand a few of the different type of fold i just think you might want to identify them more often in the more complex drawing.Just to make sure you can make the difference when you see one if that something you think is useful personally i think it good to know when getting critic to know the term.

Who is ''your mentor'' when it come to drawing cloth?

when it comes to costume drawing i really like will weston works, but i also apply the Vilppu method for everything that i do

(11-16-2022, 05:41 PM)Damien Levs Wrote: Some really nice loose sketches on this last update. I like some of the imaginative work too. Have you considered doing a longer study, with some rendering, to build up some drawing stamina? To really look and see your subject.

I believe it benefits to do both. Quick, loose sketches and longer sessions on a single subject.

Looking forward to seeing more here!

thanks dude and yes i definitely need do more long drawings I'll start to study painting so i think this is the moment to do more rendering stuffs

(11-20-2022, 04:17 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates!  The figure studies look on point, and you draw drapery very convincingly, very impressive!  Keep it up!

thanks bro , but i think that my drapery drawing is not so great yet. Just need more practice

practicing linework

Attached Files Image(s)

I hope you don't mind me trying a few thing on the artline.One thing i noted is the leak of wrapping on the leg. Mostly what i suggest is that you give a lineweight difference between your shadow and lite side if you ain't going to throw any cast shadow or occlusion shadow.You can note a bit of the different on the shoe on the left side is without directional lineweight and the right one is with all three thing i mentioned SC OCC DIRECTION

Sadly or not you took something with a lot of detail so it must have took away alot of the time toward detailling if you want to practice line art i suggest simply to use primitive no need to do complex drawing this way you can focus 100% on thinking about the principle at play.The beauty of fundamental is that they still do apply to any drawing so even if the subject is boring there plenty of opportunity to play with light and  lineweight.

You did such a great job that i actually couldn't stop myself from wanting to go further and color it.I wanted to try something outside my usual color and had a neon color palette in mind for a while now but my usual subject matter wouldn't allow for it so i thought this would be a great opportunity to try something outside my box.Hope you enjoy.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook