Poll: Who drew the greatest and most regal alien?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
RottenPocket
87.50%
7 87.50%
JosephCow
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #29 - Alien Royalty - FINALS
Crimson Character of the Week #29
»Alien Royalty«

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Monday, July 5th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| FINALS THREAD ||+-
Cropped to hide my sins. 

Eh happy with the idea not so much execution. Was very much burnt out and distracted so got caught up with the noodlin' and not considering the whole image. Overworked and redone areas to the point where I am doooone. But, still faster than drawing traditionally and happy with the concept.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Here's mine. I broke the guideline about showing 3/4s of the character by doing a portrait. Maybe this species has extremely short legs? lol anyways....

That's fine, Joseph. I just copied the old CHOW guidelines with minimal intent of enforcing them. Besides, the portrait format is appropriate for this theme, and it looks good and regal. Those forms look thick. Solid. Tight.

Rotten, I'm sure your shins were forgivable. Anyway, I like it, even with all the noodling. The anatomy and textures are quite well done and convincing. Also, nice electric brain.
Pubic: Thanks! I know I'm sure it doesn't matter too much. I just thought it was funny as I was uploading it I noticed that.

Rotten: That's really wild, I like how it doesn't even have eyes. Like the brain itself can just percieve things through it's clear skull. You kind of combine human and sea creatures which often have an alien look to them.

Time's almost up, so It looks like it's just us two.

Thanks, I figure you were croppin' so I went n cropped. The coral wrap fan skirt thing was just a pain in my ass so now it doesn't exist.

The brain was the idea I started with and I'm glad that was the take-away. It does look electric, I honestly don't know when I painted that bit it was a blur, but I may try to do it again.

@ Joseph I do really like the wisened old eyes and the form really pops. I have a nigglin'nostalgic feeling about it I don't know why, maybe because it is the classic conspiracy of Egyptian Aliens or maybe it's the eyes making me think of Farscape's D'Argo.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

wow that looks absolutely sick RP, I love your piece!

Holy fork, I've never hesitated so much on voting. Two robust participations.
(07-06-2021, 05:22 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Thanks, I figure you were croppin' so I went n cropped. The coral wrap fan skirt thing was just a pain in my ass so now it doesn't exist.

The brain was the idea I started with and I'm glad that was the take-away. It does look electric, I honestly don't know when I painted that bit it was a blur, but I may try to do it again.

@ Joseph I do really like the wisened old eyes and the form really pops. I have a nigglin'nostalgic feeling about it I don't know why, maybe because it is the classic conspiracy of Egyptian Aliens or maybe it's the eyes making me think of Farscape's D'Argo.
 I had to look up Farscape. The bony brow thing is really similar as well! I'm surprised that show is from 1999- early 2000s, to me it looks really 80s. The pictures have 80s star trek/ doctor who energy.

(07-07-2021, 01:53 AM)JosephCow Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 05:22 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Thanks, I figure you were croppin' so I went n cropped. The coral wrap fan skirt thing was just a pain in my ass so now it doesn't exist.

I had to look up Farscape. The bony brow thing is really similar as well! I'm surprised that show is from 1999- early 2000s, to me it looks really 80s. The pictures have 80s star trek/ doctor who energy.

Yeah, he's got the same hooded eyes. Good show. Cheesy, but way more relaxed than StarTrek. I just assume everyone knows about it because the bulk of the costume and puppetry is by Jim Hemson co, but it is a niche. Much recommend if you're looking for something to binge that has interesting character/creature design. 
-
Hey Ana! Always look forward to seeing you participate but I know you have your work cut out for you.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

These look great!
RottenPocket: the detail and style look fantastic, love the intense stare at its egg.
JosephCow: great forms and composition with the contrasting color blocks and deep shadows! He looks very regal!
Wow, I love what you made with the theme. I like Rottens concept a lot and Josephs style of painting. It was a close decision for me also.