Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
More perspective.
[attachment=80212]
[attachment=80213]
Forgot to upload these yesterday. more perspective stuff, finding this easier to learn then I thought i would though I suppose it's the application thats gonna be the difficult part.
The hard part is to make it work without thinking about it the application shouldn't be that difficult once you get the hang of it.Keep it up!
Hobbitt:yeah true that, never really drawn any vehicles or that many buildings before but i'm sure i'll get the hang of it :).

More perspective stuff, spent so much time looking for methods of how to draw off page vanishing points and he outlines a simple process 3-5 pages later XD. Aside from that it's mainly building grids and scaling people.

Also two imagination drawings, redoing this closer up, I have a big issue with trying to draw full body sketches on a4 paper, trying to get the features correct when they're so small is really hard and there's not really any room for construction.
Lot's of good studies Trigger.
It would be a nightmare to scan so many pages xD
Hey man, thanks for droping by my SB here !

I took a quick look at the few pages here and I like how much work you did. Perspective stuff looks very good (I need to do them as well >.<'') and as for the anatomy- I see you already done that but try to draw/study one part as often as you can like every morning you draw an arm then later the leg then the neck etc.
Try to look at those older human anatomy pictures with very detailed drawings where you can see how they played with the lighting and stuff.

Sorry if I sound confusing, I'm very bad at explaining xD

Anyways, keep it up ! : )
Prabu:haha, yeah it is.

Shinokami:not confusing in the slightest, thanks for the tip :).

So just draw a body part from imagination/studies for an hour or so everyday?.
since i'm currently doing perspective(and I need to do more as atm i'm just studying the book and not applying it much), i'll try to do it every other day or so, once I get back to anatomy though i'll do it everyday, probbly work my way down from the neck to the feet.

Bunch of issues with this, made the shoulders too wide and I was having a difficult time trying to figure out the light source and values.
Great bloody work with the persp training, Trigger <3

I've noticed with your figures that you tend to tighten up a bit with them. Don't forget about gestures - the energy of the figure. What gives a figure true character. Before you get into the form/structure building, a light, energetic sketch beforehand can go a long way!

Just my 2 cents,
keep calm and perspective s'more!

o/
Thanks for the crit Smrr.
True that on the gesture, problem is i find it difficult to balance getting the proportions correct with the gesture, i'll try and start all my figure drawings with a gesture from now on though.

Just some more perspective thingies!, i'm gonna go back over the grid making chapter as i'm still having difficult using it, mainly with Robertsons method for drawing them when the VP is off page.
You put in amazingly amounts of focused work...wish I had the time for this level of insanity^^
Great level up so far, hope you can tell!!
Perspective: Ellipses/ Circles in space seem to need some more work but no doubt that you'll nail them very soon. :)
But ellipses are haaaaaaaard.. :P.
Yeah i'm just up to the chapter on them now, gonna need a lot of practice haha.

First one is a w.i.p of grunkle stan from gravity falls. best american cartoon character i've ever seen.
between this and the girl I drew a few days back though i'm seeing I have a big issue with the shoulders.
I'm also trying to start with a basic gesture now though i'm having a lot of issues drawing them, went over the gesture several times due to proportional errors.
[attachment=81121]
another imagination piece, was struggling with ideas and this got boring to draw pretty quickly.
[attachment=81122]

[attachment=81123]
Hi! You study Scott Robertson's book, don't you? Me too! What 3d software are you learning?
Aah, i see you taking Scott Robertson's course, great! Looking good so far, construction's great!
I keep starting it but never going to far, my construction just hits a point where i can't take it further, so i put it down and wait and start again lol.
Good to see you applying the construction work to your figures as well. They have gotten a lot better since your first pages. Might i suggest doing some quick poses to help you out with the flow of the figure? They'd look more dynamic.
neopatogen:3d program i'm trying to get good at is blender. And yeah keep studying scott robertson, I don't plan on primarily drawing objects and buildings but a good foundation in perspective is really helpful.

BlackDelphin:Yeah when I finally get back to drawing figures again I was going to try and focus on gesture for a bit, used to be good at it but I think I stagnated a lot.
I have'nt been able to apply the book all that well so far either, though admittedly I was jumping in the deep end and tryig to draw multiple buildings with VP'S that were off the page so...pperhaps thats why i'm failing XD.
The next chapter is on working with volume though so i'm hoping to improve that a lot.
Quick update, going back over the mirroring techniques freehand before moving on in the book.
Also attempting a 3d model of grunty from banjo kazooie.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/wp-cont...80x720.jpg
having trouble building the eysockets and chin.
Oooh nice work on all those perspective drills! I'm curious to see what you're going to draw on that red grid.
Thanks dude, i'm actually using it already, using it as an underlay for tracing paper.

Having a lot of trouble with creating perfect squares with ellipses, some of these are easy to figure out but then? there's some that I just can't figure out, usually it's the ones that need a very small ellipse to hit the middle line but then the minor axis does'nt line up :/, need a lot more practice at it but it's becoming repetitive.

Also taking part in the crimson crucible so I need to try and think up some ideas fast.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21