smrrfette's Odyssey
Seeing Iron man own the HELL outta captain america annnnnnd winter soldier AT THE SAME DAMN TIME just...ugh. FANBOYIN' :3

Seems like everything's going according to plan!! YES S.M.R.R.R.R.R.!
Have you thought about fully realizing one of your sketches? Cleaning and tightening them up? Actually kinda interested if there's gold to be struck in the process of deeply exploring those (seemingly) effortless drawinz. (dat dude in the tie sitting and pointing...its vibing with me haha)

:D

I love your character studies of the losers. It is also one of my favorite movies I have seen it way too many times and I can quote it. It is amazing to see how much progress you have made since 2013. Was civil war good? I have been nervous to see it because I have read the comics and bucky is one of my favorite marvel characters. Also, I love the bloodborne studies they look sick.

I think it would be neat if you rendered out one of your character studies or a film study from the movie. Just some ideas. Keep up the amazing work!

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=85487

AWHOO HEHEHEHEHHEHEHEH

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
_____________________________________________________________________________Thanks for popping in, potata chips!
Fedodika - lmaaaaaaaaaaao <3 <3 welcome back Mr. Koala Man In love !

ZandraDragon - hahaha high fives man-!!! finally someone who shares the same feelings as I do about that glorious movie <3 <3! Thank you, I have quite a way to go, but ye :3 oh man, I absolutely loved Civil War o_o I avoided as many trailers as possible and kept the hype down. So worth it <: . Ohhhhh yeah I actually know what happens as well at the end of the comic ahaha, you've got to see the movie, that's all I will say 'bout that! 
Yeah I've thought about doing that -- I really just need ot get my shit together and make art haha
Thanks for the kind words and for being straight up awesome hey o/

Jaktrayter -  
HELL YEA! I mean I was team cap all the way but still, shiiiit -- those fight scenes were the effin' bomb diggity I couldn't stop munchin' down on popcorn O_O!! 
For the most part n_n -- yeah I've thought about it and procrastinated about it too ahahahaaaaaaahelpme. Haha but seriously, I probably should try this kinda thing out
And hey go for it man! You're drawing a lot, it would be cool to see you whip a sketch from pad into PS and go for it

Piotr Jasielski -  That means a lot to hear Mr. Ban-Hammer Time! Thank you kindly n_n
_______________________________________________________________________________________

This week feels: 

Haha so basically, I am sick (read: literally - curse youuuuuu virus! *shakes fist*) and I am tired, I am sick and tired...
of not being able to draw well
I went back to the basics and I will master this fun shit in my study hours n_n
although I do have a digi painting I need to start and complete before leaving for a house-sitting in about a week and a bit o_o
I'll be gone for 2 weeks with little to no net connection when that happens, I'll take my sketchbook though and draw me some horses and whatnot!

The good news: because I've been doing daily yoga-like stretches, my neck is working with me :D! I'm able to draw for a lot longer without feeling pain - and that makes me so happy! Pain-free art making... oh, the dream! I can almost taste it now <3 <3 In love In love

Behold, fails-----!!

So uh, first couple of pages are pre-loomis reviewing - sketches from head, the couple of pages with the front-on mannequin sketches are from Loomis. The rest are application sketches from head and yknow more fails

Pro tip: don't study loomis/something you just got a grasp on - and then not draw for a while, you won't remember shit when you get back into studying -_- 
this is why applying everyday is so important lmao *facepalm*

Til next time! :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
may da smurfz be fette u <3

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
I've been doing similar stuff with figures in perspective. Its really helping i think. I noticed though some of your forms of the legs and the over all body postures look a bit wonky. I found drawing Loomis skeletons in perspective helps with this. You can ghost them in and then add the muscles over the top. Prokos anatomy videos have some good pointers if you have trouble with skeleton forms.

Yo! Incredible amounts of work here(I guess like everyone here but me lol). I think your figure studies are coming along nicely, but since you're studying Loomis and it's all about the construction part of the constructive anatomy, why not take the time to stop and do a longer drawing, really slowing down and trying to nail the forms of the construction? I imagine it takes a while to get your still lives to look that good, so give them figures the same TLC you give your paintings o.-

Anyways, this is unqualified advice, but those long drawings are really what helped me memorize the finer points of anatomy and form ^_^. At any rate, keep on truckin'!
Ambiguity - nah, spot on with the feedback <3 what you suggested is something I know I should do because from my own experience, the longer studies reeeeeeaaally soak in the brain, as you said ~ I should just do ittt! +rep, cheers again! 

Adam Lina - yeah man for sure, I know what you mean <3 I'll get there - all the above studies = frustration pages. just gotta let it all sink in. thanks for lookin out for me

Fedodika - <3<3<3 Th_113_ 063
____________________________________________________________________________________

bad week
was sick for the majority
but I said I'd update

just been watching some gnomon vids, reading some stuff and listening to podcasts

study for a thing I'm gonna be working all up in:

cbf scanning just wanna sleeeepp

sketchbook | pg 52

wow , looks amazing, you really improve a lot in a short time ;)

kaji02 -  hey thanks man n_n !

So I have a short and sweet update
been inspired to post more finished sketch things on social media thanks to someone I look up to
here's these:

chugging out an idea for a p project I wanna screw around with the rest of the year

Faith fanart from Mirror' Edge: Catalyst (see, I did apply that study somewhat lol)

these both took hours in a day. The point of them is to make something I dig, be consistent and not worry so hard about everything \o/

Oh! Last thing, I'm leaving town for 2 weeks in a couple hours to housesit for a friend. There's barely any Internet so I'll be relying on mobile data if need be 0_0. Also, no compute
But I've packed my sketchbook so this'll be fun

Wish I could do a ton of paintovers while I'm gone :( but that'll have to wait as well

Anyway, til next time o/

sketchbook | pg 52

Last two look really solid! Kickass :D!

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
Oh nice, digging that fanart piece!

Great! I want you to do next CC!

willz miss uz <3 very cool pieces <3

(06-04-2016, 11:55 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Great! I want you to do next CC!

That's a campaign I can get behind.
---

I hate to be that asshole, but Faith's right leg seems way off. Might be better if you took it out.

Oh. And happy 1000th post!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
I remember you leaving a really sweet comment on my sketchbook a while ago so I thought I return the favor. Those pencil sketches look really nice. You have worked so hard on those figures that your poses have become quite dynamic which I really like!

That Mirrors Edge study as well as the sketch turned out super nice!

I also like these sketch pages with the large color shapes in the background, it mixes the figures with some graphic design which I really enjoy.

Ain't got much more meaningfull to say. See ya around :D <3
__________________________________________________________________Thanks for visiting gais! <3_____
Zipfelzeus - Woooooooooooooooowww! Your comment made me glisten with joy :D thank you for the kind words, they warmed me hearto! Let's keep pushing, hey Zipfelzeus :D!

John -  Haha n_n and yeah it is and isn't - but mostly is wonk :D not really caring 'bout accuracy - oooh that was my 1000th post!? weird! :D
 Fedodika - bae <3

Piotr Jasielski - Well I did it sorta haha, thanks man!?

BrushNoir - Thanks Noir! n_n

OtherMuzz - Glad ya think so Muzz <3 ! Ty!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back from housesitting :D

It was an experience to remember n_____n ! Did I draw much? No lmao -_- but I won't forget the experience ('specially since I got my first tats there ahahaha). Anyways, really inspired, lots happened, I feel the fire under my feet, I'm ready to make the rest of this year my bitch!

Managed a couple failed pen sketches - the cube building things were playing Mr. Squiggle by myself with box exercises

Warcraft movie hype (failed) sketches (I've never played Warcraft but my friend's bf got me intrigued by showing me what orcs and trolls look like -- now I see why the art world is so obsessed with drawing this lmfao)
Good movie overall - but that unnecessary love thing between the main guy and the orc chica was stupid af
Also, the  writing could've been a lot better - as my friend noted:why did it have to be the main guys son that was trapped by the Mage's lightning? Why not make him the queen's son!? 
Fuck, Hollywood writers are so disgustingly cliche.

--
Managed to participate in cc4, when I got back within the last couple of days. It was a fun challenge and I mean *challenge* 
Glad I joined in and met the original deadline > found out later Amit and Piotr extended it, but I wanted to hit the first deadline. Going to be fixing some shit with it before posting online, y'know so the message is a bit more clear, plus maybe making it prettier.
Here's the brainstorming:

whips:

final:edited, edited final (post Jonny's comment), 5mins total
here's to being a bit more obvious!

My friend that was housesitting inspired the idea - she had thought of a cool idea where basically there's this guy whose at his office job, enjoying himself and then in the last panel you see it's actually just like a refugee at a refugee camp playing D&D - where his fantasy realm is having a job in an office :O so cool! But I couldn't nail this story in my head :l maybe one day?

**So the idea behind my thing (seeing as I ran outta time to fully communicated in the final comic) - there's these two guys, playing a game of D&D near their bunks in prison > they have a d20 (I assumed it was common knowledge that dice aren't allowed in prisons), which they either made out of like soap and paper or straight up snuck it in ;) ew me, stop. 
In their current game, they've found themselves in a hole with something chasing after them. Whatever it was managed a surprise butt secks kinda deal on the two guys - the two guys were so immersed in their D&D game, they forgot to hide the dice from sight. The guard reprimands them and they lose their chances of escaping the "hole"  in the end, if ya know what I mean.
Assumed common knowledge: die aren't allowed in prison > guards think they're used for gambling. D&D may not even be allowed in prison - depends on the prison - guards, etc think it's like a gang thing. Esp with the DM. 

I did my research the whole issue is sucky.

Anyway, I didn't feel I should add that idea in my wip thread or above my final post. It should be mostly communicated just from viewing it. But bleelrbelrje :D

Now to move onto other art-making ventures :D

sketchbook | pg 52

Hey smrr, reading the bit above about the comic things made things more clear, over here at least dice aren't contraband in jail (as far as I know, and we don't really have dice gambling games either, I think that's why I didn't get it first time). There is another issue that we can't tell he's a guard from looking at him, and other point is that the attention is on the map, so the map in his hand feels more important.

I think you can fix all these things with dialogue in the last panel, if you have stacked speech bubbles so they say lines back and forth, like two lines each it can work. Like "what the hells this? You gambling son?" "No officer! We're playing DND!" "Horse shit!" Something like that, so the reader is given the information that 1) he's a guard 2) he's suspected of gambling (which is safer to assume people know its not cool to do that in prison) and 3) that they were playing dnd (noticed it says it on the map, which works if you can make it more noticeable) then the picture gives the information that its a prison by his jumpsuit and DOC insignia.

Sorry if I came across in a harsh way or suggested stuff you did already! Hella sleepy but had to tell you my thoughts before I go crash cause i think its a cool comic thats so nearly there! All just my opinion anyway! Hope you get to finish it.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Hey Lady Smrr! Nice work on that comic. I think the idea is definitely a good one. I'm pretty sure that prisons would frown on DnD just based on the principles that a. games of chance aren't allowed, b. you aren't supposed to be having fun anyway, and c. a DnD could be considered as being like a gang.

The execution isn't perfect, though. I agree with Johnny's suggestions. Also, in the final panel, the perspective is pushed rather far. I know that's intentional, but it feels like it has been pushed too far. This kind of effect is tricky to pull off, though, so don't feel bad! Just keep practicing.

BTW-it's cool to see you are drawing boxes! Keep doing those. You have some near-far plane issues on a bunch of them (i.e., the face further from us is larger than the one nearer, which never happens with a box). This quick mini-lesson from Draw a Box explain:
That is a good rule-of-thumb for boxes that are far from their vanishing points, but things are a bit more complicated for boxes very near a VP. In this case, the near-far plane rule applies only to the nearest and furthest sides of the box, not the ones on the side.
Hope this helps!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
SMRRFEETE REVOLUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN !!!! HUMEMEMEMEMEMEM <3

Orcs r pretty terrifying hehe <3