Allenthelost's Sketchbook
So I've never done something like this before in any other forum I've posted stuff in. But better late then never right?
I'll just start off with the latest stuff I've been working on.

(some are pretty shit but that what I'm suppose to show anyway here right? so I can improve and shit.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hell yeah! Welcome to the Daggers! yeah. The way I see it you gotta post so you can have a start to your origin point. Old pieces become reference for what you've learned before. now for the crits! ;D

Hmm.
Something that might help would be to put wrapping lines abound the curvature of the legs (or any cylinder shaped form like the shovel handle) to imply its 3d form to think more in 3d than 2d edges. looks like you do it naturally anyway.

Well! Wish you all the best in your new step and look forward to growing along side you! :D

Quick question -- If a zombie gets kicked in the balls, then does it feel anything? Weird physiology for the zombies. I wonder what aspects of the nervous system are active, and which aren't -- in which mythologies.

For instance -- Supposedly zombies have great hearing, and mobility. But I'm pretty sure those depend on nervous system. Interesting thoughts.

More kicks to the crotch plz.

(08-01-2016, 04:09 AM)Heliux Wrote: Hell yeah! Welcome to the Daggers! yeah. The way I see it you gotta post so you can have a start to your origin point. Old pieces become reference for what you've learned before. now for the crits! ;D

Hmm.
Something that might help would be to put wrapping lines abound the curvature of the legs (or any cylinder shaped form like the shovel handle) to imply its 3d form to think more in 3d than 2d edges. looks like you do it naturally anyway.

Well! Wish you all the best in your new step and look forward to growing along side you! :D

Alright I'll try to think it all more in 3d than 2d. I'll try out more of cylinder shaped to makes limbs and such, did some practice with that a couple of years back but it's been a while so I should probably try it put again :) 

And thank you very much for your welcome. :D

(08-01-2016, 04:36 AM)rootdraws Wrote: Quick question -- If a zombie gets kicked in the balls, then does it feel anything? Weird physiology for the zombies. I wonder what aspects of the nervous system are active, and which aren't -- in which mythologies.

For instance -- Supposedly zombies have great hearing, and mobility. But I'm pretty sure those depend on nervous system. Interesting thoughts.

More kicks to the crotch plz.

well. I never thought that dude would be seen as a zombie but alright. I'll dig.

And for you? always more kicks to the crotch.

Hello Welcome! A good start to your sketchbook. As well as focusing on 3d construction more, I would recommend you do some work on your overall proportions of the head and placement of features. You tend to place your eyes higher up when they should generally tend to be vertically centered in the entire head, this skews some of your other measurements as well.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(08-01-2016, 07:24 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Hello Welcome! A good start to your sketchbook. As well as focusing on 3d construction more, I would recommend you do some work on your overall proportions of the head and placement of features. You tend to place your eyes higher up when they should generally tend to be vertically centered in the entire head, this skews some of your other measurements as well.

So a little bit more like this? or am I still a bit off?

I'll do some more studies of the human face as well as some studies of the human skulle just in case.
Did notice the whole eye thing when I read your comment so thank you!

Attached Files Image(s)

So still working on this. will probably be done with it today (or early tomorrow morning) 

The head placement seems a bit off, going to fix that after I've added the hair and the scarf that is gonna be around her neck. 
The left foot look pretty bad, might be to small? but so far it might just work. gonna fix it if I notice that it doesn't.
Might also upload some headstudies later today when I've taken a break from this drawing :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Lineart done. gonna start with grayscaling this shit uuuppp

after some dicking around because I've been working on this for hours

Attached Files Image(s)

some facial studies. 1 is the oldest and 6 is the newest. (made all today but you can really see where I wasn't that warmed up yet)

Attached Files Image(s)

okayyy been working on this all day and I think I'm finally done!

Attached Files Image(s)

studies

Attached Files Image(s)

trying out things. focused also a lot on trying to use value more correctly and to try out rendering a bit more (since I'm currently not that good at rendering.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice start! Your panda lady is pretty cool but there are a few anatomy things that could be tweaked. For example, her feet and (her) left arm are a little small. Also her head seems to be a little flat at the top and stretched out too much, move her bun more to the left of the image and add more volume to her hair at the top. And finally the panda itself seems bent in an uncomfortable position, I'd do more research on pandas and change the position of either its butt or its head so it isn't as twisted. Keep it up, though, and keep working!

(08-04-2016, 01:13 AM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: Nice start! Your panda lady is pretty cool but there are a few anatomy things that could be tweaked. For example, her feet and (her) left arm are a little small. Also her head seems to be a little flat at the top and stretched out too much, move her bun more to the left of the image and add more volume to her hair at the top. And finally the panda itself seems bent in an uncomfortable position, I'd do more research on pandas and change the position of either its butt or its head so it isn't as twisted. Keep it up, though, and keep working!

So I read your comment and yes you are 100% correct with what you said. 
I quickly went back to photoshop and (kinda sloppy) changed stuff up real quick.
The pose for the panda really doesn't work, poor pandas spine is twisted (probably stuffed here since you know.)
So the quickest thing to do as a quick fix is more or less to have the panda Not twist around the lady. 

But once again, super quick sloppy fix, will work on it more properly (I've already given the finish piece to the person I made it for so now I have all the time in the world to mess with this image and fix the mistakes I've made.)

Thank you so much for your critiq!  
I'll try to re-make the sloppy correction later today, have to go now because football practice.

[Image: 13937730_10209789161582500_1886815688046398211_o.jpg]

I decided to do a very quick and rough paintover for you. I don't know anything about the anatomy of pandas so it's probably very off. Either way, I think having the panda still behind the character but flipped would look nice.

[Image: paintover2_zpsnyliv7w0.png]

This looks pretty terrible but I hope you get the idea, haha.

(08-04-2016, 03:17 AM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: I decided to do a very quick and rough paintover for you. I don't know anything about the anatomy of pandas so it's probably very off. Either way, I think having the panda still behind the character but flipped would look nice.

[Image: paintover2_zpsnyliv7w0.png]

This looks pretty terrible but I hope you get the idea, haha.

Thank you so much :D 
I also saw something now that you did that I didn't and that was the whole composition thingy.
The "correction" I made, made the composition quite wonky, like it wasn't inside of a triangle anymore but actually going outside of the picture.

Made a super quick side by side comparison with your paint-over and my own correction.  
The one you did looks better to the eye, but as you said the panda looks a bit strange, quite pressed together in a way. But I still see what you wanted me to see.

Thank you once again for your critic :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Maybe rotate the panda's body to the left to make it fit your triangle better?
I like that you have that panda in your piece, makes it more appealing! At least, for me :)

Heyo, welcome to daggers!

I feel your original composition works good, needs adjustment to make panda not look so distorted but pose is effective, makes woman look like protector of bear, or strong confident partners.Good narrative!

I made a paintover, hope it is helpful, you can see even without bear hindquarters sticking out, on left of the composition, triangle is maintained by drapery of character.

Keep truckin!
[Image: 13913857_10209793198003408_8744792915814395415_o.jpg]okay many peoples input! :D it's largely appreciated, quickly fixed this up.
Thank you all for your critic, it is very appreciated.