art_blane sketchbook
late night studies 

[attachment=117418 Wrote:
art_blane pid='127747' dateline='1594717415']late night studies 

Attached Files Image(s)

Yo, nice start. Welcome to this forum!

(07-16-2020, 02:41 AM)Shuty Wrote: Yo, nice start. Welcome to this forum!
thank you :)

rusty, but practicing
[attachment=117452 Wrote:art_blane pid='127797' dateline='1594940295']rusty, but practicing

Attached Files Image(s)

Parts 1-3 of a 12 part series , each piece based on a song, no official association with the artist.

Firstly, welcome to CD art_blane! You've made a great start to your sketchbook.

Secondly, I am digging your recent music inspired pieces so much. I think it's such a fun project, and it's something I've always wanted to explore myself; the concept of creating pieces inspired by songs. I really like the exploration that's going on with them, and how you're using different styles. If I had to nitpick, it'd be to say to watch your values in some of them. The first one, for example, the hands and darkest parts of the clouds are very close in value - making the hands compete for attention over the clouds. Dulling down the clouds would give more focus to the hands.

Looking forward to seeing the other 9 in the music series.
(07-23-2020, 12:23 PM)chubby_cat Wrote: Firstly, welcome to CD art_blane! You've made a great start to your sketchbook.

Secondly, I am digging your recent music inspired pieces so much. I think it's such a fun project, and it's something I've always wanted to explore myself; the concept of creating pieces inspired by songs. I really like the exploration that's going on with them, and how you're using different styles. If I had to nitpick, it'd be to say to watch your values in some of them. The first one, for example, the hands and darkest parts of the clouds are very close in value - making the hands compete for attention over the clouds. Dulling down the clouds would give more focus to the hands.

Looking forward to seeing the other 9 in the music series.

Thanks for the warm welcome! This is a really good tip. I'll be thinking more about values in the next pieces !
Part 5 and 6

Your pieces  inspired by songs is relly cool as well as your anatomy study too
Nice updates here, really dig your last two pieces. Some very well thought out color choices and compositions, very well done!

(07-29-2020, 12:02 AM)VitorCardoso Wrote: Your pieces  inspired by songs is relly cool as well as your anatomy study too
Thank you for your words, I really appreciate that. I hope to be a professional illustrator some day.
(07-29-2020, 02:47 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates here, really dig your last two pieces.  Some very well thought out color choices and compositions, very well done!
Thanks so much ! I want to keep going back to foundations because i really need it, but right now I have to focus on making portfolio content, then I can take a break and study more, which i love doing haah. Gotta balance everything.

Part 6 and 7

For these two i tried to hop out of my comfort zone process wise.

With part 6, working with line art, which i rarely do. Largely inspired by the fluid and highly textured works of magsmunroe and chan

With part 7 I did the whole figure in grey scale first and then used various layers to get color. 

I love working in charcoal and love getting the values down, but I am not a big fan of too many extraneous layers in photoshop, and it kind of takes some of the "alla prima" fun out of it. I'll keep trying it. I was pushing myself to do it because many artists I look up to such as ahmed aldoori and Mohammed agbadi do it. However other artists I admire such as sinix and marco bucci, say this process has some downsides.

Anyway I'm looking forward to doing some full bodies for the next few pieces. I have a couple more inspirations in mind...

Acryla goauche
Wo, crazy stuff here ! wanna see a lot more of your studies !!