Basic Tradintional Drawing Lessons
this is about drawing skills on paper.

If I want to go through the most basic lessons daily, what would you advice are they?

I mean I have an imagination what the beginning is like already, like:

Day 1:  draw a lot of boxes in space
Day 2: draw a lot of boxes with boxes cut out of them in space
Day 3:  draw a lot of other bodies in space
Day 4: make human bodies out of basic bodies in space

and so on,

but how would you continue?

what are the basic things, that one should learn after this?

What you talk about here was mostly in the realm of 3d form making.Those are what i would describe as the spacial notion of traditional drawing.But they are supported by fundamental such as perspective and other fundamental i will talk about later.

The most important fundamental is: FUN the second one is :Mental. Without that i could tell you what they are but it might sound boring and tedious so those are the most important to have in mind at all time.USE YOUR BRAIN AND HAVE FUN DOING SO.

Now let dive into what are the FUN DA MENTAL.First of i want to highlight that vocabulary is key. Understanding word will help you better understand which fundamental you are dealing with. But now let trying to answers the question. The fundamental are drawing and painting skill and a understanding of what you leak and what you need to improve to reach your visual goal.Of course there is other art related fundamental but they have to do with what i will refer as the story&there relationship inside a scene rather than the rule of how to construct something that is grounded in what is refer to as realism the basis of all art style.

Your question was about what are the basic drawing skill well they are proportion placement,form&construction,perspective,anatomy,gesture,composition.Each of those fundamental than will have there own set of more or less ridgid rule.

What is hard for beginner is to turn the theoric side of those fundamental into practical exercise that answers there need.This is where it can be a good idea to seek a mentor to teach you some of those basic practical exercise.

But let say the most basic fundamental any artist need will remain to draw,To be willing to learn,To be able to adapt,To get feed back and probably to be balance in all those thing

There is no set exercise to become a pro just a vision to make it possible.

Note*All the color code are the opinion of someone they are not hard fact.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
The boxes are good. A lot of people start with that, you're right. I think it's an accessible exercise where it's easy to see the ideas behind it. I think you'll get way better results with combining that kind of thing with drawing from life, or reference. sure, you can draw 100 boxes floating around, but you won't really know if they are good or right, unless you have some concept for what right looks like, you know? Especially for your comics, you need to know what lots of different stuff looks like. You build a sense of solidity and believability in drawings by modeling them after how the real form looks and sits in space, not by just repeating your own notion of things, or someone else's, and that applies to things as basic as a box, or even a sphere. That's just my opinion on that.

I don't really believe in a prescribed course, like a weight lifting program, where you go day by day, and do reps of certain kinds of exercises. Art is more about absorbing ideas, than grinding and leveling up. It's like that to some extent, since your eye improves and gets stronger over time, but it's not really a simple thing where you can follow a program in order and get good after a certain number of studies. I know that's kind of a shitty answer since you want to know what to do specifically, but I just don't want you to think that on day 1 you'll draw some boxes, and on day 5 you'll draw some people made out of boxes. I'm doubtful it will work out like that.

So ideas on what to do specifically: https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library I recommend these lessons. Scroll to 2 and 3. He offers explanations of each basic drawing exercise and gives assignments.

(04-24-2021, 02:47 PM)JosephCow Wrote: The boxes are good. A lot of people start with that, you're right. I think it's an accessible exercise where it's easy to see the ideas behind it. I think you'll get way better results with combining that kind of thing with drawing from life, or reference. sure, you can draw 100 boxes floating around, but you won't really know if they are good or right, unless you have some concept for what right looks like, you know?  Especially for your comics, you need to know what lots of different stuff looks like.  You build a sense of solidity and believability in drawings by modeling them after how the real form looks and sits in space, not by just repeating your own notion of things, or someone else's, and that applies to things as basic as a box, or even a sphere. That's just my opinion on that.

I don't really believe in a prescribed course, like a weight lifting program, where you go day by day, and do reps of certain kinds of exercises. Art is more about absorbing ideas, than grinding and leveling up. It's like that to some extent, since your eye improves and gets stronger over time, but it's not really a simple thing where you can follow a program in order and get good after a certain number of studies. I know that's kind of a shitty answer since you want to know what to do specifically, but I just don't want you to think that on day 1 you'll draw some boxes, and on day 5 you'll draw some people made out of boxes. I'm doubtful it will work out like that.

So ideas on what to do specifically: https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library I recommend these lessons. Scroll to 2 and 3. He offers explanations of each basic drawing exercise and gives assignments.
I do recommend Ctrl paint it as allow me to create a good summary of what inside each of every fundamental and how to expand and aswell as gather a few drill exercise and how to extrapolate from those exercise.It also probably the most well made free serie on the art fundamental in a easy to acess all in one menu which really have help me develop a well rounded view point which is important in being able to understand what you leak or need to revisit.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Some already gave good advise. If you want to put it other skill you need to learn on your traditional drawing, I suggest train observation skill. The higher your observation skill, the better you get into of what subject you try to learn. And I think you will have more understanding to give yourself good schedule for learning than just put something random to learn every single day.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation