Terran it up....ehhh
It is to damn hot Th_083_v2

Attached Files Image(s)

Head has been in so many different directions lately Shock
Been awhile so here is some unfinished thing I can't look at anymore.

Really liking the texture you're getting on the last couple of studies.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Haven't been here in a while, but you've made some great improvements, keep it up! :).

(05-29-2013, 03:11 PM)atrenr Wrote: It is to damn hot Th_083_v2

WOWWW! This latest studies are the best! those paintings from life are really awesome, loved the textures and the lights!
I will try to do this more often like you ^^!!

Thanks for the kind words guys <3

Ros, I definitely recommend life studies! They are amazingly good for color and light. The more you do the more you notice, really wish I started doing them earlier.

Disappeared for awhile because I took a break from art. Bad mojo had built up to the point I started having stress related health issues. Took a much needed step back and a long look at how I have handled things over the past year and mentalities I had developed. Gonna get this ball moving again!

Here is today's master study. More tomorrow.

Attached Files Image(s)

Glad to hear you're doing better and back in the game dude! The lighting in your master study looks excellent to me. And dang those still lifes and construction drawings were really great, made me want to start drawing everything around me!
Totally following this SB, I'll be looking forward to seeing more :D

Also I own the same drill necklace as the one you pointed in post #1 haha

Glad you are back! also that master study is freaking rad! keep doing them, those studies are definitely paying off.

Couple sketches. Unicorn dude went much further than I planned but it was funTongue

Attached Files Image(s)

I should follow your work more often. Haven't been here for awhile and now I see THIS! o_o you improved so much, love this last work, I can see this starting to be a really impressive painting when you finish. Great job so far,just keep on working like this :D

CD dA FM  MaL
Awesome!

damn, that demon is excellent!
If someone told me that it is an early concept for Dark Souls i would totally believe it.
Just pull those values a bit more and add some more dramatic lightning to add dept and voilà! insta portfolio piece.

It is 5 am, I try to sleep now.

Whoa, your sketchbook just blew my miiiiiind!

Your master studies are divine and I'm in love with that three-headed demon dude... Dayum

Definitely need to start watching your sketchbook, atrenr. Super inspiring :)

P.s. DAT SWAG MAN!
MWAHAH

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Sick progress man! I seriously can't believe that it's only been a year! Pumped up those still life abs to maxium. Do you paint still lifes often? Because I usually feel that they contribute a lot to my own development.
I suppose that it would be nice to see even more of your imagination work because I really dig the golem and dwarven stuff you did on the last page.

Screw you with the mummystudies, it's the only phobia that I have! Makes me coldsweat. :P

Thanks for all the love guys, means a lot! In love

Bjulvar, I fell off with the life studies but totally need to get back to them. I agree 100% that they are super helpful for learning.

Just a small update where I touched up acouple things. You all seemed to really like the unicorn brothers so I pushed them alittle further. Don't wanna go to color with them tho.

Attached Files Image(s)

GNATS GNATS GNATS GNATS GNATS GNATS GNATS GNATS GNATS
[Image: Bc7pfxu.gif]

-Woah, shit. What I thought were 2-3 really unfocused days turned out to be a week. I just time traveled 3070242c
I was gonna wait until further along to post but I feel bad for slacking and a bit stuck. It's a WIP with lots to fix but I feel like something is missing. Any suggestions/crit would be welcome <3

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, just looked at the first page of the sketchbook, then skipped right to the end. That's some fantastic progress. Especially loving the glass studies further up the page. Definitely gonna be going back and checking out the rest of the SB. Keep up the good work.

Nice deer girl thing! I think the biggest issue with the piece right now is how closed in it is, I think if you opened up the space it would be much nicer to look at. And right now that bit of hair coming down is very flattening for some reason, there has to be more evidence of form there.Did a quick PO with some suggestions
[Image: npXZUJ4.jpg]
good luck :D

Unicorn brothers are looking dangerous, man, and you are studying all the right stuff, just don't stop doing what you do :)